• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online Check In

Boardwalker

DIS Veteran
It has been way too long since my last trip, so I haven't had the chance to check in online from home. Has anyone tried it?
(I tried the thread search, but didn't get anywhere.)
I am also wondering what it will accomplish. If it is to reduce the wait time in the lobby, that has never been an issue for me. If it is to get your room requests met, I don't usually have any.
What I most want is to get into my room as early in the day as possible. I am thinking that instead I should be sure to go to the counter to get the first available room.
Anyone have any insight?

We used online checkin for our visit in June. We stated at Villas at Wilderness Lodge. We arrived around 12:30 pm and when we stopped at the gate, gave the guard our name and our parking pass was already printed. It had a large "M" in black bold in the corner. We drove into the overhang and the valet was instantly on the car. Took one look at the parking pass and knew we were DVC members and called a bellman over. Having the pass took away the need for mentioning we were DVC members and valet parking should be free.

We went directly in and went up to a line to the right that said "Online Check-In". There was noone in the line and the guy called us to the counter immediately. The regular line had 3 families in it and at least 2 people already at the counter being served. I showed him our DVC member card (helps for name spelling) and he pulled out a packet with our keys and folder and everything. He also knew it was DH birthday so he went ahead and made up his Birthday pin to wear.

Credit card info was already given with the online checkin so I didn't have to fish my CC out of my purse. I stuck the DVC member card in a side pocket, took our packet of info and he said our room was ready. The online checkin asks for an estimated time of arrival and we were pretty close to that. It might have helped.

All in all it was a pleasant experience for us and we will be doing it again when we go to the AKV in September.

We discovered one smallish problem tho with online check in, If you make ANYTYPE of room request (yes I know nothing is guaranteed) you won't get it. The computer handles your online checkin and doesn't see your requests. We had requested a Villiage Green view at the Boardwalk this year and when we checked in online the computer assigned a pool view. CM checking us in saw the request made a call and pixiedust: we were moved to Villiage Green, and by the way it was GREAT....Shawnpirate:

Thanks guys. I am heartened to know it works so well.
And if they ask for an estimated time of arrival, then maybe it WILL help with getting a room that is ready earlier.
I know the rooms don't have to be ready until after 4, but I just can't seem to switch to vacation mode until I have put my stuff away... I may be nuts but I am at least tidy.

No problems here!

We had a split stay June 13-20 that involved 3 different rooms at BCV (2 studios for 2 nights, then a 2BR for 5 nights). I did online check in for all of them before we left home, and it was GREAT. There was nobody in the online check in line, even though the other lines were VERY long.

Everything was ready and waiting for us the day we arrived, and on the day we switched rooms. The day we switched, our room was ready by 1:00 PM.

I won't do it any other way now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter