• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Online check in?

Had the same problem, call Disney, and problem was telephone number I was introducing was not the original I entered

I was actually successful with the online check in...but unable to enter any room requests. I guess it is hit and miss.

I was actually successful with the online check in...but unable to enter any room requests. I guess it is hit and miss.

You really don't get to enter any room requests. (other than the spot where you get to check a box for a fridge and something else). If you have requests, those need to be added to your ressie. Call now, and take care of that! There is still no guarantee that you get what you ask for, but there's little chance of them assigning you what you want if you have not made your needs known...:confused3

You really don't get to enter any room requests. (other than the spot where you get to check a box for a fridge and something else). If you have requests, those need to be added to your ressie. Call now, and take care of that! There is still no guarantee that you get what you ask for, but there's little chance of them assigning you what you want if you have not made your needs known...:confused3

thanks, no worries.... we have been many times so we usually don't request a specific room unless we are bringing guests. I was just amused though that they have a button for requests but you can't enter anything. We leave in a few days and the only request we would have is for some sunshine:banana::banana:

i was about to check in online but stopped because i actually have 2 reservations and i wonder if i check in (which i can for both) would i have problems attempting to stay in the same room. due to the crossover of dates with my discounts, i had to separate my stay into 2 reservations and i wonder if i have a better chance of getting to stay in my room if i wait and check in at the resort?

what do you guys think?

I hope no one else encounters this, and apparently no one has yet. My two daughters and I were at POR May 22-26 and I did online check in two days before we left home. When I got to POR there were no problems. We were on the dining plan, but I had no plans to use it the first day or park tickets the first day. The next day, for breakfast we went to Riverside Mill (POR food court) for breakfast and when I tried to use our card I found out that the dining plan was not on there. The letters "DDP" were on the front of the card, but it was not showing up in the computer. I went straight to the reservation desk and found out our park tickets and dining plan neither one were in the computer. I had paid for a package including the dining plan. The reservationist asked if I did online check in. I said yes and she let me know that if a guest has the dining plan they are not supposed to do online check in. Well, the Disney website never told me this. The reservationist never told me this. My kids were waiting for me in the lobby expecting to go to Epcot and get fast passes for Soarin'. It took over AN HOUR for the cast member and her manager to fix things. I was in tears after about 30 minutes because time is money at Disney. It was not raining and by the time we finally got to Epcot fast passes were going to be for much later in the day. I ended up getting 3 one day park passes that expire in 2029. Woo hoo!! (Sarcasm- one day tickets are hard to plan around and used in place of a 7th or 8th day on a ticket they are not worth that much.). and the price of 3 one day dining plans ($110) reimbursed. I was still livid. I stood for an hour while I saw the castmember working on my problem joke and laugh with her manager while my kids were telling me they were just going to go swimming and forget Epcot. Would I have had that day reimbursed also? Probably not.
I don't know what happened or why. Hopefully it does not happen to anyone else. We got to Epcot 2 hours later than expected. I have never had a problem with any aspect of Disney. I was astonished at how I was treated. I walked over to the manager at one point and asked what was taking so long and the original cast member actually guided me by the arm away and said that if I leave her manager alone she will be able to focus on my issues!!! I will admit I almost wanted to hit her- she had her hands on me like I was a naughty little child. This after a few minutes before telling me she "could not talk to me because I was on the phone". (I had called my boyfriend back home in TX to calm me down because I was about to blow.)
The trip did get much better, but as this was the first time I had used the dining plan, I will never, NEVER use it again and will probably never stay at POR again. I am not an instigator or trouble maker. I was shocked. I rave on Disney cast members and how wonderful they are. Everyone can have a bad day, I guess. On top of taking forever to fix the problem they were very VERY rude to me.
My advice- don't take a chance. Stay away from online check in if you are using the Disney Dining Plan.

I'm curious. Do you think the problems with online check-in could be because you didn't book a vacation with Disney, but maybe through a different agent? I'm having trouble doing online check-in and all of my info is correct. But, I keep getting error messages. I booked through AAA.

I booked mine with the Disney website. And I can't check in online. I leave in 4 days.

I have been trying 3 times a day.

JD

i was about to check in online but stopped because i actually have 2 reservations and i wonder if i check in (which i can for both) would i have problems attempting to stay in the same room. due to the crossover of dates with my discounts, i had to separate my stay into 2 reservations and i wonder if i have a better chance of getting to stay in my room if i wait and check in at the resort?

what do you guys think?

We are in the same situation - but we have 3 reservations (2 for 1 week each and then a 1 day room only reservation). I would love to be able to check in online, but I'm afraid of having to change rooms too. I like to be able to talk to the person when I'm checking in.

I think I'm just going to wait and do the regular old fashioned check in when we get there.

We are in the same situation - but we have 3 reservations (2 for 1 week each and then a 1 day room only reservation). I would love to be able to check in online, but I'm afraid of having to change rooms too. I like to be able to talk to the person when I'm checking in.

I think I'm just going to wait and do the regular old fashioned check in when we get there.

thanks...i decided to wait also. hoping that talking directly to someone will work in my favor.

We have 2 linked reservations and I would rather not chance it. We're not going to a park on arrival day, we only live 1 1/2 hrs away so we wont be road worn. The kids can watch TV while DH and I check in (we have seperate ressies). I'm just too nervous to give it a try.

I would love to try the on line check in but am too chicken...what are the benefits? I have a split ressie, 7 days, then 7 days with same room continuous (I know there is a chance we would have to change rooms). I am arriving approx 10:30pm on a Friday....I am going to ask about it next week when I call to make my first week final payment.....

just completed the online check in for our visit. Very simple, and stright forward. We had a basic reservation, no special requests, etc., that was booked through Disney. Just typed in my confirmation # , and my phone number, and was into the system. Confirmed what credit card I would use for incidentals, advised them of an approx. time we would be arriving, and departing, and hot submit. Got a confirmation email seconds later.

FOr me I could only have made 2 special requests if I had wanted, 1 was for a fridge, the other was for a Pak-n-Play. Didnt choose either.

I am hopefull this will speed up our arrival at the hotel, and get us out the pool soon after we arrive.

That's how it was for me, I did the on-line check in last night for WL and was hoping to be able to request a particular area. I have paid for a courtyard view and was hoping to request inner courtyard, northside. But all it showed was the frig or pack-n-play. Don't need that and the room comes with a frig.

I wasn't able to check-in online today (10 days out). I kept receiving a message "we cannot retrieve your reservation at this time". I booked through a travel agent, and tried the link some others provided for that scenario but it kept asking me to log-in before checking in...and I guess my profile on disneyworld.com is not linked to my reservation!

I called to ask about it, but they created a Tech Support request and said they would let me know what the problem was. I can't check in online until this is resolved apparently. I think someone should be able to do it for me...but I will try to be patient.

We went last year (to POP, this time it is CBR) and didn't have to line-up at all to check-in the normal way, there were enough agents for everyone. Hopefully that is the case this time if I am unable to do it online.

I wasn't able to check-in online today (10 days out). I kept receiving a message "we cannot retrieve your reservation at this time". I booked through a travel agent, and tried the link some others provided for that scenario but it kept asking me to log-in before checking in...and I guess my profile on disneyworld.com is not linked to my reservation!

I called to ask about it, but they created a Tech Support request and said they would let me know what the problem was. I can't check in online until this is resolved apparently. I think someone should be able to do it for me...but I will try to be patient.

We went last year (to POP, this time it is CBR) and didn't have to line-up at all to check-in the normal way, there were enough agents for everyone. Hopefully that is the case this time if I am unable to do it online.

We just returned on June 4th from CBR. I also tried to use online checkin starting at the 10 day mark and never was able to use it. It worked out ok for us. We checked in the original way on May 28th, getting there around 1:00 p.m.. We walked right to the desk with no wait, our room was ready so we went right to the room. We did have a preferred room so i never made any other requests. The frig. was in the room without making that request.

I have used it twice. Both times I arrived early, about 10am. And both times my room was ready. Just be sure you are in the right line. I waited in a long line for no reason at POR just because they didn't have the Online Resort Check-In stanchions set up correctly. Aw well...it's a new program. Mickey always sorts it out!

Follow up to DP (philatiger) posts.

We arrived at AKL this past Wednesday and had done online checkin.

We took ME and arived about 11:30 - there were only 2 people in regular check in and no one ahead of us in the online check in.

Surprisingly they had our room available -

We still had to verify that we wanted to use the credit card on file for room charges...

Only glitch is that we generally arrange for final bill to be delivered to the room and billed to card on file - this aparently doesn't happen with online checkin.

Given the fact that no one else was checking in at the same time I don't see alot of plusses.

I couldn't even get that much (see bolded). The rest worked fine. I just called & added a refrigerator request. I'll confirm when we arrive.

Has anyone else had problems w online checkin and Disney losing your dp? We are going to be there in a few weeks and are on the dp. I was considering doing the online checkin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter