Online check in ... Yeah or ney?

We've been doing online check in since it became available.
Last year, at the Beach Club, we were even chosen as family of the day and upgraded to concierge, so I doubt there is a downside to online check-in as far as upgrades are concerned.

I did online check-in for our trip last month. It's my first time staying on site, so I really don't have comparison. I will say that our resort (I'm sure it's the same with all of them), CBR, had a seperate queue for on-line check-in. When we got there, there wasn't a line in either that or the regular queue, so that made no difference. Although, the queuing area for regular was much bigger than the online, so I take that to mean at a busier time that online should be faster. As far as the time spent at the counter, I can't imagine it's that much faster or not than the regular line. They still had to check the system, get the room assignment and my cards and, at my request, gave me info on the dining plan, etc... I was also able to confirm my request for 1st floor, which they provided to me, so I'm sure I could've done other requests at that time as well.

So bottom line from me is, I certainly don't see any harm in doing the online check-in, you will at least get the same, if not faster, experience than the regular line.

I love online check-in. It somewhat speeds up the process, but not by much. I just like the shorter line at online check-in. It doesn't cause any issues with possibly receiving a free upgrade if you use OCI as I've gotten then plenty of times using OCI.

I would love to do online check in. However since you need to attach a credit card to it, it makes me apprehensive about doing it. I still have a little bit to decide, but I'm leaning towards not doing it....

I don't do online check-in.

I check in the Saturday after Thanksgiving and usually have a room request or two. That is a very busy check-out day. I like to tell the CM I don't mind waiting for my room and I have always been pleased with the location every time.

In addition, I have been there one year where the check-in line at POR went all the way out to the entrance doors. There was a split in the line about halfway up to regular and online check-in. There was so much confusion, they decided to take the next person in line which ever you had. There were a lot of CM's that had to run to the other end of the desk to get the pre-made packages and people still wanted different rooms anyway. It took a lot of time.

I would love to do online check in. However since you need to attach a credit card to it, it makes me apprehensive about doing it. I still have a little bit to decide, but I'm leaning towards not doing it....

You don't have to place a cc. on your account; it just asks you if you would like to place one. It is just a request, not a requirement.

You don't have to place a cc. on your account; it just asks you if you would like to place one. It is just a request, not a requirement.

It would not allow me to complete the check in process without adding a credit card. We have two reservations for our upcoming trip. I did online check in for both, and was required to put in a cc for both.

I do online check in every trip. Each time I do it, I try to skip past the Credit Card part. It will not let you complete online check in without a credit card. But I've also never been charged anything unless I use my room key for charging.

I love online check in. We've still be upgraded with online check in. Small upgrades but, upgrades nonetheless. We always arrive early in the morning and I make note of that. I've had only 2 times where our room hasn't been ready when I've gotten there. And both times it was the same resort. Each other time, it's been ready. Including 2 DVC resorts.
The first time we used online, we got to ASMu and the line was long. However, one of the managers was checking our IDs, retrieving our packets, and walking us over to concierge to finish up. They really did a great job of getting people out of there.

I thought I read somewhere on this thread that if you do online check-in, Disney will automatically allow charging privileges for kids age 13 and older. I also want my 12 year old to have charging privileges. Is there a place to request this? Thanks.

We use online check-in now that its offered. We like it... always speedy once we arrive!:thumbsup2

It definitely is quicker. When we stayed at CSR in 2010 we did not do online check-in, and while it didn't take a long time to get all of our things printed up, it took more time than it did for our past visit there. We checked in online for our July 2012 trip, and like PPs said, all of our documents and our keys were all printed up and ready to go when we got there! The whole process literally took like 2 minutes! Additionally, you can do room requests.

I've done online check in about 5 times, always got my room requests if not all of them then most of them. i've had the same success ratio of online check in as regular. I usually request... ground floor, non pool view (quiet) closest to food court/busses. so sometimes I get 2nd floor but have always been satisfied with room locations. both times I stayed at poly I got the exact location I requested with online as well. :)

I've done online check in about 5 times, always got my room requests if not all of them then most of them. i've had the same success ratio of online check in as regular. I usually request... ground floor, non pool view (quiet) closest to food court/busses. so sometimes I get 2nd floor but have always been satisfied with room locations. both times I stayed at poly I got the exact location I requested with online as well. :)

I did the online check in yesterday and when I put in my room request, which was Fantasia or Toy Story a message said "cannot process request at this time" and to call Disney directly! Wonder what that means? I did pay for preferred!

I did the online check in yesterday and when I put in my room request, which was Fantasia or Toy Story a message said "cannot process request at this time" and to call Disney directly! Wonder what that means? I did pay for preferred!

yes, the requests should be in at least ten days prior to check in.. that's what I've learned from fellow dis'ers and my experiences.. it's not too late to call them in though.

The only way I've found my preferences to be added to my reservation correctly is to speak to a CM. Even when I book online I still give a call once I know what I want. I believe you are allowed up to 3 preferences. Mine would be.
1- ground floor
2-non pool quiet view
3 closest to main building

Yes, if you paid for preffered you WILL get those buildings however many years ago I was placed in the absolute last room top floor, I swear the non preffered rooms were closer! lol! good luck on your preferences! :) have a magical trip.. I'm so jealous, 23 days still for me! :) pixiedust:

I am wondering if we should do online checkin for our upcoming trip. We won't arrive at the resort until around midnight, so I don't think we would have to worry about waiting in line. I am just wondering whether doing online (or not) would increase our chances of getting a better room location.

If we don't do online checkin, will we be "stuck" with whatever room is left over after everyone else checks in that day? Or if we do online checkin, will they stick us in a less desireable room?

I want to minimize the chances of not getting the room location we want just because we are arriving so late. Will OLCI help or hurt?

I am wondering if we should do online checkin for our upcoming trip. We won't arrive at the resort until around midnight, so I don't think we would have to worry about waiting in line. I am just wondering whether doing online (or not) would increase our chances of getting a better room location.

If we don't do online checkin, will we be "stuck" with whatever room is left over after everyone else checks in that day? Or if we do online checkin, will they stick us in a less desireable room?

I want to minimize the chances of not getting the room location we want just because we are arriving so late. Will OLCI help or hurt?

it's hard to say for sure but I can share with you one year we went to AKL.. we got in close to midnight, our room had been given away so we got an upgraded room. you never know, it could help or hurt but I would imagine with OLCI you will get the room you booked for sure.

Whenever we have done online check in, our room has been ready. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but it was the case. When we didnt do online check in, the room wasnt ready. Just my experience

Exactly!! We ususally arrive around mid morning so I like to have it ready and waiting.

Are you staying at ASMu? I know my experience was not the norm, but doing on line check in didn't help me AT ALL during my stay at the Music. Also, when you are checking in so late you do get the rooms that are left over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter