• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online check in ... Yeah or ney?

Beamer97

Mouseketeer
Will it make the check in process quicker? What did u like or dislike about doing this ? We are staying at POR

I'm interested in hearing the answers you get to this question also. I'm debating whether or not to do online check in or not.

I'm leaning towards it simply because we don't have a lot of requests.

Do it! Even if you have room requests there is usually a checklist of choices (depending on the resort) and you can choose 2 (i.e. ground floor, near a pool). When we've done on-line check-in has been very quick to check in when we arrive at the resort. You just have to show ID and verify which credit card to use for charges. Everything is already printed and ready to go in your folder. Your Key to the World cards will be printed too. They do make assumptions about which guests should have charging privileges on the KTTW. My DS is 15 and they've been giving him privileges since he was about 13--but if you don't want that, they can just remove it and print a new card. For my family it is great and there is no downside to doing it IMHO.

Unless it's your first time there and you want to hear the long spiel, there's no sense not to. Even if the online check-in line is longer, they can check you in at the normal windows just as well. It simply means that your packet of information is ready when you arrive, and they try to be a bit quicker at the online check-in window to move it along (hence, shorter/no spiels, though they will answer any questions that you have, and ARE able to move rooms and all that if you so desire).

I am all about online check in now. SO much faster. Since I have been to Disney several times, I really don't need to hear the explanations of everything. Makes everything quick and easy and I'm off to my room well before the people who haven't done the online check in.

I agree with the PPs. We've done online check in on our last two trips, and it was definitely faster. If you're familiar with the resort and WDW, they'll skip most of the introductory spiels. But if you have questions, they'll also be glad to take the time to answer them.

I am apparently a minority of 1. I don't like On line check in, and I won't use it again. The line isn't really any faster, and I usually get room locations that seem like leftovers than no one else wanted.:worried:

Be aware too that even if you do Online check in, they can still go back and take your room and give it to someone else, if you have what they want. One time at the Music I did OLCI 10 days out for my preferred view room, only to be bumped back to standard when I got there. They didn't have the packet waiting, and the CM had to go speak to a manager before they could start the check in process.:headache:

My last trip to WDW we had 2 rooms. First night room only, second night started a dining package. I didn't do on line check in. Not only did we get our requested connecting rooms, but we ended up upgraded to water view.

Yep, not impressed at all with Online check in.

I love online check in. Walked in to POP during a busy check in time, and after looking at the very long line for regular check in, I was thrilled to walk right up to the online check in counter. We were able to walk out 10 minutes later and head to the parks!

We always do online check in! It's quick and easy! We stay at POR with a request for Alligator Bayou.....we've always gotten that as well.

I liked the experience of online check-in. It was great to just walk up to the desk and be handed a packet with my KTTW all ready to go. I didn't get the section I requested, but the room they gave me was actually in a "preferred" section so I can't complain.

10 days before your arrival - you can do online checkin.

We love it and that's when the Oh My Gosh it's almost time feeling really clicks in for me before our trip. I have never had check in take longer than a few minutes and have actually been able to check in and have our room ready 2 out of 3 times (always arriving before 8 am).

It does speed up the process and we have always had any request granted.

I am going to agree with Maxiesmom. I have always been given my room requests right away when I have checked in to our resort....except last year when I did online check in. They had put us in the farthest area from everything. I asked to be moved right away when I saw where they had put us and luckily the CM was able to move us a little closer. It seems this has happened to others that I have read about who do online check in, too.

We did it last time at POFQ. We had no room requests. We got a great spot with a gorgeous view. This time is more complicated at POR because we booked a regular room and the rest of our group ended up in a royal room. We want to be in the building next to the royal rooms to be as close as possible to the rest of our group (who didn't want a royal room but when they booked FD, that was all that was left). I can't decide if online check in is going to help or hurt us.

I've always had great experiences with online checkin. Last time we had a standard view villa at bcv and we got an awesome view of the fireworks from Epcot!

I did online check in. It was fast and easy and I got all my requests (specific building, adjoining rooms). It was great.

I do online check in all the time and haven't had a bad room location yet. In fact, I've stayed at BWV twice since doing online check in, and had rooms close the elevator both times, whereas before online check in I did end up at the FAR end of the hall twice. I'm not saying one is better than the other - that's just how the dice have fallen for me.

The goal with online check in is to get you into a room as close to your arrival time as possible. So if you are arriving early in the day during a busy time, it could be that the only unoccupied rooms when you arrive are farther away from everything. I'm usually checking in after work, right around 4:30, so maybe that means they have a larger pool of rooms to pick from when assigning mine. I usually don't have room requests because I'm not too picky, and so far I've had great rooms.

It does save a lot of time, unless you get someone in the online queue who wants to change rooms or has a lot of questions. That holds up the line substantially. I always say if you have a request that is going to make or break your trip, don't do online check in. Check in at the front desk so the CM can go over the available inventory with you and pick the best room to meet your needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter