• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online check in? Who does it??

We use it. I wasn't too sure either until I started utilizing this service last year. Anything to make check in quicker so I can start running around WDW is fine by me!

An issue we had is when we had another family staying in the unit with us. Every adult key will have charging privileges if you add a credit card, then we had to have them removed and rekeyed. We like to have the MC on our room key, but we sure don't want the nieces having access to charging. :scared1:

When we have family with us, it's easier to do regular check-in.

I can only add one experience - we used it two weeks ago at BWV and we had no wait at check-in (12:30 in the afternoon) but, more importantly for us, all four of our rooms were ready when we checked in. I have no idea whether the online check in had anything to do with that.

We have used it for the past 2-3 years and love it. There haven't been any lines in the online checkin area and we are usually headed to our room within 10 minutes of arriving in the lobby.

Never used online check in. When can you do it? May try it for this August...can you do it for Vero Beach as well?

Ok...just checked and it's 10 days prior to check in and VB does do it. Cool...I will try it out.

I've used it for the past several trips and love it. Never had a problem with doing it online and at the resort desk check-in. I had read a review that a poster on another board had made, that when they got to their resort the online checkin line was several people deep, while the regular checkin line was empty and was very unhappy about having to wait. Personally I've never experienced this at all. I really like it, and think it's a good idea.

We always use it. Have never experienced a wait in line beyond 5 minutes or so. Requests have always been honored. I think it is a great service! :thumbsup2

We have used it every trip since they began offering it. Checkin has been very quick every time. Last year at AKL, I wanted to make sure that the room we had reserved for DD, who was arriving later than us, would be close to ours, so we did have to talk to someone at the desk. We were ushered right to a checkin desk with no waiting in line, and there was a long line. Our requests have always been honored, although I know this is never guaranteed, and we're not real demanding about having to have a specific room, etc. I don't see any downside to online checkin - anything that gets our vacation started quickly is a plus to me!

I have used it twice and both times it was very quick and one time when we arrived at about 2pm our room was already ready ! :goodvibes

I am sure more scientific trials will need to be done to see if online check-in somehow affects room readiness but I am ready and willing to test the theory asap! :rotfl:

Use it and like it - significant time saver. I can envision a day when check-in is done online and key cards are obtained at a kiosk using your on file credit card. Same way we get our movie tickets at DD.

We always use online check in, and just did this today for our August trip!:yay:

We've used it, but at both BWV and BCV where we typicall stay they never send us to the separate line, they just funnel us through the regular check-in, so it never really saves time. :confused3

The same thing happened to us when we stayed at BCV (twice)....I am wondering if they even have a online check in line there or is just one big line :confused3. However, when we stayed at SSR, we did online check in again (yes we do it because DH is a big fan of it :rotfl:), we got in the online check-in line and we the process was really fast. We were at the desk at 11:30am and our 1-bedroom villa was already ready and waiting for us :goodvibes.

I have used online check-in now about 10 different trips. No problem at all with requests, and yes you have a separate check-in line. If the online check-in line at the resort is longer than the "regular" line, just get in the "regular" line and inform the CM that you did online check-in - not a problem, they will walk over to the online area and get your package. This has only happened to us one time out of 10 check-ins.

Love online check-in! We used it a month ago at BWV. We arrived around 5:30pm, were greeted by a cast member just inside the door and had our folder/room keys in hand in about 3 minutes! I highly recommend unless you're planning on negotiating a room change.

We are leaving soon from Disney and just wanted to post an update. I did online check-in for BLT and it was super fast at check-in and we got our requests. Then two days before we moved over to SSR, I did online check-in again. I was pleasantly surprised that we got our request that close to checking in. Again it was a breeze. We got a great location for our studio in the Paddocks. We were top floor water view, near the elevator, pool and bus stop!! :cool1: I highly recommend online check-in!!! :thumbsup2

We are leaving soon from Disney and just wanted to post an update. I did online check-in for BLT and it was super fast at check-in and we got our requests. Then two days before we moved over to SSR, I did online check-in again. I was pleasantly surprised that we got our request that close to checking in. Again it was a breeze. We got a great location for our studio in the Paddocks. We were top floor water view, near the elevator, pool and bus stop!! :cool1: I highly recommend online check-in!!! :thumbsup2

Good to know, we will be at BLT in 8 days! :yay:

I've been using Online Check in since it was implemented. I would say that most of the time it was fine. Sometimes, we didn't even go in line, the CM walks us in from ME and asks us to wait at the seats and then he/she would bring out the folder. However, on one or two occasions, we had to go to the desk anyways because there was an error.

We have used it and with our last check in it went almost too quick. LOL.

We stayed at BWV. As I was walking into the resort a female CM asked if I was checking in; this was even before I was in the building! She had a clip board in her hand so she asked my name and if I did online check in. Gave my name and said yes...she said follow me. So in we walked and she walked me right up to the counter, gave them my info and in less than 5 minutes I had my package and key. DH didn't even have time to get the car unloaded and I was out there to tell him I had the room and was all set to go.

We went up to the room and in less than 10 minutes our luggage was there. I don't think I've had that quick and that smooth of a checkin before.

We switched to SSR half way and also did the online checkin. This time I didn't get the greeting outside but inside was super quick.

We use it and love it! We think it saves some time. Any special requests have always been honored.

We use it. I will be doing it again in 16 days. With a dedicated line for those who have done it, we get checked in much faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter