online check in when booking through Costco

phoj69

Mouseketeer
On another site I was told if you book a car through Costco you cannot use the online check in to bypass the counter which didn't seem correct to me. Even when I booked through pay your price with PL I was able to check in online with Hertz and go right to my car. Can anyone clarify? Also with Costco you get an additional driver free and they ask for that info when you do the online check in but does that person need to be there when you actual check out with the car because my wife will be waiting for other people in our travel party while I get the car.

They will need your wife's drivers license so she does need to be there. Can't answer rest, but anytime we have 2 drivers they need both present with valid license.

I just took a trip where I booked the car through Costco. I was able to do online checkin and skip the line. With your Costco confirmation, they also give you a rental company confirmation number and that's what you use to check in.

I did have to enter the license information for the second driver online, but I really don't remember if they asked to see his license, too, as we were leaving the garage. I would think that you would run the risk of having the second driver removed from the reservation if you don't present her license for inspection. Since the car pickup is so easy when you skip the line, why not just wait for your entire party together?

We did online checkin with our Costco reservation for Alamo at their kiosk and skipped the line a few months ago. It was great and we look forward to doing it again.

We just got back and had our rental car through Alamo using
the Costco code and Visa coupon. We checked in online and did the skip the counter part. We put in the second driver info and we both had to show
our licenses at the exit booth

Follow on question did you need to show your Costco card as well?

When I picked up at Alamo on August 22, I had done online check-in and the garage gate person did not ask for my Costco card. My recollection is that I had entered the Costco number when I booked the car, so maybe Alamo had already verified my membership electronically.

We just got back and had our rental car through Alamo using
the Costco code and Visa coupon. We checked in online and did the skip the counter part. We put in the second driver info and we both had to show
our licenses at the exit booth

Us too, on August 29th. We both had to show our licenses, but they never asked for our Costco card.

wait.... can we add the 2nd driver with just the license id added? My Dh was going to get the car before we met the others in our group...

wait.... can we add the 2nd driver with just the license id added? My Dh was going to get the car before we met the others in our group...

Both drivers need to show their licenses as you leave the garage, so all drivers who intend to drive need to be there when you pick up the car.

oh man!!! I didn't know this...there go our plans for a quick getaway! oh well.... this is even if we do an online/kiosk checkin? it seems like a strange thing to have to do, if both licenses check out,etc that they need to see both people....

oh man!!! I didn't know this...there go our plans for a quick getaway! oh well.... this is even if we do an online/kiosk checkin? it seems like a strange thing to have to do, if both licenses check out,etc that they need to see both people....
If you do the online check-in, take your paperwork with you, collect your luggage from the baggage carousel when you arrive, then head out to the parking garage to select your vehicle, load up and head to the exit gate, attendant will ask for paperwork, CC used for reservation and your drivers licence(s) and then you are on your way. It's a very easy process.
I seriously don't think you save any time by going to pick up the vehicle while someone waits for the luggage. I mean if you plan to drive the car around to the arrivals area to pick up the rest of your party, any savings are lost, MCO is very large with 2 terminals (you may have heard people refer to side A or B). You would have to exit the car rental garage and circle around the whole airport (watching though the multitude of signs for the arrivals area or your airline and terminal.
If you have someone who is old or in-firmed in your party, this may save them a few steps but seriously the parking garage is only another 50-100 yards from the passenger pickup area

They need to have an eyes-on verification of the licenses, to make sure the individual matches the license information that was entered online, even with online check in. It's standard for all car rentals.

ok thanks for the info... my upcoming trip isn't to Orlando, but to an airport where all the car rentals are offsite shuttle.... it's central car rental setup.... oh well I guess we will just wait...

FWIW- just returned.... the vegas airport setup worked out great! we used the kiosk and it took about 5 minutes(note to self, always use Alamo,the other line I saw were LONG) and yes, we had to show both id's at the exit..... this was with the costco discount...

DW and I just returned yesterday from a two-week, two-destination trip. We booked Alamo via COSTCO for both locations and we were able to do the on line advance check-in on the Alamo site. We put in both drivers' info and printed the paperwork to skip the counter and go directly to the garage and choose our vehicle. As mentioned above, you need to show the CC and both driver licenses on the way out. On our first rental, the attendant did not ask for the COSTCO card. On the second rental, they did ask for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter