Online Check-in vs Standard Desk Check-in

Jillian Paciello

Earning My Ears
Any pros and cons to online check-in vs standard desk check-in? I heard you can make room requests on the online check-in. Would love to hear people's experiences! Thanks!

We've done both, but we've had bad luck when we've had room requests. Last three trips where we were traveling with friends/family, where we had linked our reservations beforehand and requested to be in the same building, room request was ignored and they put us at the opposite end of the resort. Not a matter of availability, because as soon as we ask at front desk, they are able to quickly accommodate us. Parents and brother's family linked their reservations and requested adjoining rooms last trip, did online check-in, got the texts with room numbers, went to their rooms and discovered they were next to each other but not adjoining, requiring a trip to the front desk to get it straightened out. Basically at this point I have no faith that Disney won't screw up my reservation, so now I always check in at front desk to make sure I get the room I want.

IMO, online check-in is only beneficial if you want a room ready when you arrive (and don't care about room requests) OR if you are arriving during peak season or at a busy time of day. In my own experience, the online check-in line has been just as long as standard check-in, but does move faster since everything is pre-arranged. If you're going to ask for a different room if you don't like the one you're assigned, might as well just do regular check-in.

We've done both, but we've had bad luck when we've had room requests. Last three trips where we were traveling with friends/family, where we had linked our reservations beforehand and requested to be in the same building, room request was ignored and they put us at the opposite end of the resort. Not a matter of availability, because as soon as we ask at front desk, they are able to quickly accommodate us. Parents and brother's family linked their reservations and requested adjoining rooms last trip, did online check-in, got the texts with room numbers, went to their rooms and discovered they were next to each other but not adjoining, requiring a trip to the front desk to get it straightened out. Basically at this point I have no faith that Disney won't screw up my reservation, so now I always check in at front desk to make sure I get the room I want.
In Disney adjoining rooms are near each other but do not have the connecting door, you have to request connecting rooms.

Any pros and cons to online check-in vs standard desk check-in? I heard you can make room requests on the online check-in. Would love to hear people's experiences! Thanks!

You can make room requests with any resort reservation. I find that picking up the phone and calling works nicely as you can explain WHY you want/need the request.

When I needed four different rooms for our large party, I called and did everything and had to change a few things thanks to my father then needing a wheelchair for the trip. I called for all the changes and we ended up with four perfect rooms for all of us.

Since now it's just my husband and me, I do online check in as I don't request anything special but a room available when we get there. That's worked all times but one but we had our room number texted to us within an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter