Online Check-in Southwest...

krismom

<font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color
How is it possible I checked in EXACTLY 24 hours prior and still got position 42 for boarding? At least we're in Group A... that's better than nothing right?
:confused3

Anything in A is great and you will have no problems getting seats together and probably in a good location.

There are several factors that can lead to getting a higher number even at the 24 hour mark. First, A1-A15 are set aside for people who have purchased business-class fares or top-tier frequent fliers, so you'll never get A1-A15 unless you are one of them. Often, there aren't 15 people in those 15 spots, however, so A42 probably won't be the 42nd person to board the plane. Second, if there are people switching to your flight who have come in to your airport on earlier SWA flight, those folks were able to check in for your flight 24 hours before their original flight and would have gobbled up some of the lower A numbers. Finally, there are just a lot of people doing exactly the same thing you are at exactly the same time, so it's a bit of a luck factor involved.

I have usually been able to get numbers that are under 35. But, when I checked my dh in for his flight to Baltimore from Boston, and back again, I wasn't able to get anything lower than a 44!!! And I was right at the 24 hr mark, both times. I thought there may have been others already on the plane both times but couldn't find any flights that would have made that possible.
But, dh had no trouble finding a seat that he was happy with.

Second, if there are people switching to your flight who have come in to your airport on earlier SWA flight, those folks were able to check in for your flight 24 hours before their original flight and would have gobbled up some of the lower A numbers.

I don't understand this. Can someone explain this a little better? Maybe I'm just slow this morning. Thanks!

Alot could be the timing of the clocks. If our clock is off just a minute, you could fall far down number list. Many times I tried at what my clock say was 24 hours and could not check in, because I was to early. Other times I was like you and got a high number. A super low number at check in is just pure luck.

I don't understand this. Can someone explain this a little better? Maybe I'm just slow this morning. Thanks!

Here's an example. Passenger #1 is flying from city A to city B leaving at 8:00 a.m., changing planes in city B to take a 9:00 a.m. flight to Orlando. Passenger #2 is flying on that same flight from city B to Orlando, but starts their travel in city B. Passenger #2 can check in 24 hours before their 9:00 a.m. flight to Orlando, but Passenger #1 can check in for BOTH legs of the flight 24 hours in advance of their earlier 8:00 a.m. flight. As a result, passenger #1 has a one-hour head start on Passenger #2 in getting the lower numbered A boarding passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter