Online check in question

bks9581

DVC Home: BWV and SSR
Hi,
Our cruise check in opens on 2/4. I have heard that the tool opens at midnight, is that correct? Are there benefits to doing this at midnight as opposed to the say 7am?

My understanding is that I will need photos of passports, shoulder up photos of each traveler and there are forms to complete during the check in process. Anything I'm missing?

First time cruiser here...thanks in advance!

Online check-in should open at midnight Eastern time. Somewhere between sometimes and often, it doesn't work for another hour or two.

The only advantage to checking in as soon as possible is that that you will have your pick of Port Arrival times. Earlier times tend to fill up as more people check in.

If you want to book activities that don't open until 30 days in advance (such as some character meets), you may want to stay up to try booking them.

If you don't feel strongly about getting an early port arrival time or character meet, there is no need to check in at the stroke of midnight.

In addition to passports and photos, you will need to provide details on your payment method (such as a credit card number) and arrival/departure plans. If you don't have that information readily available, you can select "cash" and "driving" and fill in the correct information later.

gives you shot at earlier embarkation time.....but that is arguable if it is totally required. Our last cruise we had a 1:30pm and it did not bother us.

Hi,
Our cruise check in opens on 2/4. I have heard that the tool opens at midnight, is that correct? Are there benefits to doing this at midnight as opposed to the say 7am?

My understanding is that I will need photos of passports, shoulder up photos of each traveler and there are forms to complete during the check in process. Anything I'm missing?

First time cruiser here...thanks in advance!

It opens at midnight Eastern. But this week, for the first time for me, I had to actually change the clock on my computer/phone to match Eastern time. I am in the Mountain time zone, and it wouldn't give me the button until I changed the clock on them. It was ridiculous.

The only downside to waiting is a later boarding time. You can book some character breakfasts and stuff at the 30 day mark, but those are done where you book your excursions, not the online check in. So if you are going for those, I would go up and do those and then worry about online check in later.

The online check in is a complete nightmare on the night it opens. We are talking Disney's servers melting down. You are lucky if you can get in for several hours, and once you do, there is a high chance of errors, unsaved uploads, and getting kicked back out. It is an exercise in frustrating and not a fun way to ramp up for your cruise 30 days out. Next time, I am waiting until the next day and not worrying about the port arrival time. Someone in our Facebook group did that and actually got a better time than I did anyway. And general boarding tends to open at 12:30-1, which is only 30 minutes later than I got. Last June I did much better, but there were less people sailing.

Besides the items you have listed, have your credit card handy to add to your onboard account, and your travel plans (flight numbers/times, etc.).

Thanks - that's good to know. We aren't trying to book anything special. I'd like to have an earlier port time, but I'm not sure it's that important to us- we will be driving that morning from Disney World. I'd be pretty annoyed to stay up till midnight and then the system doesn't even work for another hour or two.

Thanks - that's good to know. We aren't trying to book anything special. I'd like to have an earlier port time, but I'm not sure it's that important to us- we will be driving that morning from Disney World. I'd be pretty annoyed to stay up till midnight and then the system doesn't even work for another hour or two.
Jan 6th for our cruise I forgot to check in, and we had a very late 1:30 boarding time. It was actually great. We were staying at the beach club and were able to sleep in. Waking up at 10am, getting breakfast.....leaving the room at 11am....arrived at port by 12:30pm....they let us on early...it was so relaxing to not worry about getting there early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter