• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online check-in question

shyjade

DIS Veteran
If I want my DD15's key card to have charging privileges, how do I request that during online check-in, or is it even possible?

Last time I did online check-in they did not give me the option and her card was printed as "no charging privileges" when it was handed to us.

If I want my DD15's key card to have charging privileges, how do I request that during online check-in, or is it even possible?

Last time I did online check-in they did not give me the option and her card was printed as "no charging privileges" when it was handed to us.

Then you had to wait in line to fix it. Kind of defeated the purpose. I have never checked in online, this seems like a great question though.

Interesting. I took DS#1 on a trip just him and I last May. I did online checkin and it did not allow me to choose by individual people for charging privileges, just a general yes or no. Even though DS was only 11, it automatically (or so I thought) gave him charging privileges by simply being a Disney adult. I would rather he hadn't had them just in case he lost his card, but overall no big deal to me. The point is though, they gave them charging privileges.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Anyone else experience problems with a child's card not being activated for charging privileges when using online check-in? Or was my situation just a fluke last time?

I'm curious to hear others experiences so I can decide if I should skip online check-in this time. :confused3

Bumping...

Anyone know if I can give my DD15 charging privileges if I do online check-in?

Along those lines, if I don't do online check-in, how do I go about requesting a certain section (I fully understand it's a request only and not a guarantee I'll get it).

I'm concerned that if I skip online check-in because of the card charging privileges, I would have less of a chance getting the building I'd like for our weeklong stay (we arrive around 9pm at night).

Bumping...

Anyone know if I can give my DD15 charging privileges if I do online check-in?

Along those lines, if I don't do online check-in, how do I go about requesting a certain section (I fully understand it's a request only and not a guarantee I'll get it).

I'm concerned that if I skip online check-in because of the card charging privileges, I would have less of a chance getting the building I'd like for our weeklong stay (we arrive around 9pm at night).

You don't make requests on online check-in, they are attached to your reservation. If you have not already called, you should do so.

I have been told by three separate CM's that if you do online check-in, it will trump the requests, because the system will search for the first available room by using your time of arrival.

That being said, I never do online check-in and have always gotten my requests - until this trip. I requested Acadian House at POR on first floor and they placed us in the farthest building out in AB on the second floor. I reiterated my request and he placed me in Magnolia Terrace right next door and the location couldn't have met our needs more....

I just did online check in a few days ago. It asked me for a PIN for my card, and a PIN for DD13s card. It gave me the ability to set different PINs for each of us. So I presume her card will have charging privileges. I'm not sure how I feel about that :lmao: but I figured I'd give it a go this time and see how she manages it.

Also, it gave me the chance during online check-in to specify a certain section of ASMu if I wanted to - the different sections were just available check boxes under the requests area. I don't know if all resorts do that, but they were definitely there for ASMu.

I just did online check in a few days ago. It asked me for a PIN for my card, and a PIN for DD13s card. It gave me the ability to set different PINs for each of us. So I presume her card will have charging privileges. I'm not sure how I feel about that :lmao: but I figured I'd give it a go this time and see how she manages it.

Also, it gave me the chance during online check-in to specify a certain section of ASMu if I wanted to - the different sections were just available check boxes under the requests area. I don't know if all resorts do that, but they were definitely there for ASMu.

This was my experience with online check-in about 10 days ago. They just asked me to choose a pin# for DS10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter