• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online check-in opinions/experiences?

Blue Eeyore

Mouseketeer
Have never done this. Pros and cons? Also, I'm always wishing and hoping for an upgrade because it's never happened to us over all these years. Think it would be less likely to happen w/ online check-in. Experiences and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help! :littleangel:

My experiences have been very positive so far. Every time I've done online check in, my room has been ready on arrival (not everyone has been so fortunate, but I typically arrive between noon and 4pm, so that may be why). I've never had to wait in line to pick up my key, and I've spent less than five minutes at the front desk. You do have the option of changing rooms if they assign you one you don't like. The last time I checked in, when they gave me the room number, I asked where in the hotel it was located and they pulled out a room map and showed me and asked if I wanted to change. I didn't, but it was nice to know they were willing to do so. It has come in handy a few times when I've arrived the same time as the ME bus - the regular check in line would be huge, but the online line would be just me.

I don't know what to say about the upgrade though, because it's impossible to know if I've missed out on an upgrade by doing online check in. In over 100 visits to WDW, I've only received what I consider to be an upgrade (from regular room to suite) once. A few times I'd get a garden or woods view instead of the standard view I'd booked, but I don't necessarily consider that a true upgrade. I figure the room assigner distributes the magic upgrades as they see fit, so however you check in your odds should be the same. If you are wanting to ask about a paid upgrade, you can still do so when you pick up your online check in package.

Have never done this. Pros and cons? Also, I'm always wishing and hoping for an upgrade because it's never happened to us over all these years. Think it would be less likely to happen w/ online check-in. Experiences and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help! :littleangel:

I've been upgraded twice in a row to club level after using online check-in! I actually don't think it had to do much with using it though-- Think last time it was just luck-- and think this time it was because it was a short stay (3 night) stay before the thanksgiving craziness. The one thing the two trips had in common was special view rooms (theme park at the Poly and water view at the beach club).. was totally shocked this time!! Figured my once in a lifetime upgrade was last year.. Was a great surprise!

This really helps. I was going to ask if they had any upgrades available (that we could pay for), so now I know I have the option of doing that w/ online check-in and that I won't necessarily miss out on my chances of getting lucky for once. Thanks again!:wizard:

I realize everything is dependent on the size of the upgrade, but can someone give me an idea of what they paid to upgrade, and what did you upgrade from and to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter