Online check in new features

mommysdb

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
Have read that there are now additional request options as well as the ability to say whether or not you would rather wait to get your requests met, or would rather have a room ready when you check in. Have been looking at online check in but haven't submitted yet because I don't see any of these newer options. Am I looking at the wrong/older website? Where do people go to do online check in?
Thanks! :)

I had all those choices when I checked in online last week, you're correct.

It listed about 8 room preferences, like middle floor, highest floor, close to pool, which view, close to transportation, and you were allowed to pick two. It also asked your approximate arrival time and let you input a cell phone number if you wanted to receive a text message saying when they had a room ready for you. Finally, it let you state if it was more important for you to get any room available at check-in, or if you'd prefer to wait until your requests could be met. It also asked for my credit card details for incidentals.

I did it by going to the My Disney Experience part of the booking site and clicking on My Reservation. Previously it had just listed my reservation info, but this time it had a Check In! link. Very easy to do.

I had those options for my February trip, however none were honored and I never got a text..... I know they aren't guaranteed but I was surprised that I got none and ever got a text either.

It listed about 8 room preferences, like middle floor, highest floor, close to pool, which view, close to transportation, and you were allowed to pick two. It also asked your approximate arrival time and let you input a cell phone number if you wanted to receive a text message saying when they had a room ready for you. Finally, it let you state if it was more important for you to get any room available at check-in, or if you'd prefer to wait until your requests could be met. It also asked for my credit card details for incidentals.

I did it by going to the My Disney Experience part of the booking site and clicking on My Reservation. Previously it had just listed my reservation info, but this time it had a Check In! link. Very easy to do.

Were you required to leave a credit card for incidentals or could you bypass that section? I know Disney doesn't require you to leave one when you check in at the resort but I wasnt sure if online check it makes you fill in that field before you hit submit. Thanks!

I used online check in earlier this week for Hilton Head and there was no way to bypass the credit card section (at least that I was able to find).

I have a split stay in April and recently checked in as well. I believe the part that "if it was more important to get first available room " only popped up after I checked one of the requests.

I am staying at CSR in new business class. One option was 4th floor even though Cabanas (club location) only has 2 floors. I didn't even bother with a request because none worked for that building.

Also for poly CL it asked which building, hello I expect to be in Hawaii so why does ask me which building???? Have to wonder if these programmers have ever stayed at Disney!

Were you required to leave a credit card for incidentals or could you bypass that section? I know Disney doesn't require you to leave one when you check in at the resort but I wasnt sure if online check it makes you fill in that field before you hit submit. Thanks!

Back when I was doing online checkin for our Feb trip, it did require me to put in a CC. And then for two of our 4 resorts they had LOST the CC info. :rolleyes: How that happened I do not know.

Recently (like this last week) I've been reading posts that said people did NOT have to put in the CC info.

But the online checkin pages seem to be changing every other time you visit, so honestly I'm not sure that any of us can tell you what YOU will see, or what anyone else will see. Hopefully once they are done working on their new site (they started in November, I believe, so maybe by next November it'll be done? just in time for some new software company to sell them something different?) it will be the same from person to person, time to time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter