• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online check-in....have decided to try it!

singjenn

Let's go to Disney!
We are leaving in 30 days!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

I have decided I am going to use on-line check in for our May 1st trip!!

Has anyone done this and wished they HADN'T done it?
We don't have any special requests and I really dont care where our room is....just as long as we are at Disney I will be happy!!!

:yay::woohoo::cool2:

From what I have read from firsthand reports,I think your situation is PERFECT for online check-in,the main reason being you don't have any room requests.You should experience a much faster check-in process.If you had definite room requests,I think "in person" check-in would be much better.:)

We are going to try online checkin too!! We are going May 1-8, and staying for the first time at AKL. We don't care where our room is so we will try this out! Hope they don't stick us near the dumptsers:lmao:

We are going to try online checkin too!! We are going May 1-8, and staying for the first time at AKL. We don't care where our room is so we will try this out! Hope they don't stick us near the dumptsers:lmao:

YAAAAY!!!! I am beyond excited! This is theonly time I feel like I can act like a kid and no one will care :)

We thought about staying at AKL, but in the end we settled for POR. I loooooove that it offers a boat ride to DTD. Since we are going at the SAME TIME, maybe I will see you around.:thumbsup2

We stayed there on our Honeymoon almost 12 years ago when it was Dixie Landings! We loved that boat ride to DTD. We are trying somewhere new for our anniversary this year, I love MAY! Maybe we'll see you there:cool1:

...and LOVED it! I was a bit nervous about it but went ahead and pre-registered on-line 2 days out. When we got to the CSR (loved it!), there were about 4 or 5 people in each of the 4 open registration windows. There was a sign for "On-Line Check-In Only" with no one in line! I showed my drivers license and was out in about 4 minutes! All of our hotel material and park passes were in the packet. It was great! Don't think many are using this but it was nice to be in and on the way to our room.

Have a great time!

ATHCUP, did you need to use a credit card?? Or just show a photo ID? I ask because we do NOT want to put a credit card on file, so there will be no mix ups with the dining plan (ie. charging the credit card instead of taking dining credits off room key) I was if this would not allow us to use online check-in. THanks you :cheer2:

...when we checked-in on-line. Since all they needed was my drivers license, I assume they ran the card number to make sure it was good and to my name. Overall, a great experience.

ATHCUP, did you need to use a credit card?? Or just show a photo ID? I ask because we do NOT want to put a credit card on file, so there will be no mix ups with the dining plan (ie. charging the credit card instead of taking dining credits off room key) I was if this would not allow us to use online check-in. THanks you :cheer2:
A CC # is asked for during the online check-in process ONLY if you want to have charging privileges added to your KTTW card.A Photo ID is all that is required to receive your packet at the online check-in desk when you arrive at your Resort.:)

...and LOVED it! I was a bit nervous about it but went ahead and pre-registered on-line 2 days out. When we got to the CSR (loved it!), there were about 4 or 5 people in each of the 4 open registration windows. There was a sign for "On-Line Check-In Only" with no one in line! I showed my drivers license and was out in about 4 minutes! All of our hotel material and park passes were in the packet. It was great! Don't think many are using this but it was nice to be in and on the way to our room.

Have a great time!

Athcup, Did you put in any room requests either by phone or fax prior to your on-line check-in ? If you did, were your room requests granted using the online check-in ?

Thanks! :)

I did the on line check in for our stay March 21-28 at AKL. I had a pool view room and requested a king size bed and was granted my request. I walked right up to the counter and had no problems what so ever (other than our room wasn't ready, but it was noon and check in is at 3pm). I checked right in while there was a line for the regular check in. Worked great!

Can you put in your requests during on-line check in? ot is it strictly addres cc #, etc? Thanks!

When you do online check in how do you specify which of the KTTW will have charging priveleges? We are in a 2 bdrm villa with 4 adults and 1 child. We may want all adults or just some to have charging on their KTTW (we have not decided yet).

I just checked in online and the only request it asked was if i needed a pack and play or downstairs. I verified my cc# and checked in. Few moments later received any email. I will let you all know how it worked for me when I get back.

Looking forward to trying this! We used it for a hotel in Cancun last year and it was so much easier and faster to check in! They had our room ready for us right when we arrived. The only plus this other hotel had was that I could select the room I wanted using an interactive map. That was sooo cool.

The only request I have made for our Disney trip is a view of the inner courtyard.

I was worried about this too, but I have never had a problem with them doing this. We even paid for DH, mine, and DS meals on the dining plan and paid OOP for DD. ( She had a kids meal and she is an adult on the dining plan so we saved that one for DH or myself at a later time.) They were really great about it.

We are leaving in 30 days!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

I have decided I am going to use on-line check in for our May 1st trip!!

Has anyone done this and wished they HADN'T done it?
We don't have any special requests and I really dont care where our room is....just as long as we are at Disney I will be happy!!!

:yay::woohoo::cool2:

We just got back from POR. Call them up and request a room near the South Depot Bus Stop. Then fax them the request 1 week out from your arrival. We found out that the first bus of the day only stops at the South Depot. The later buses often stopped at all of them but there were times that the bus we were on passed by other depots with people holding up there arms in a *** kind of gesture.

As to online check in. Do it, don't even think about not doing it. When we got there on 3/21 at around 2:45 PM the line was out the door of the main building not just the check in area. There must have been over 100 families checking in. The online check in area only had 3. The crowds were so bad that I had to ask about the online check in location because I could not get in the lobby to see where it was at

Thanks, kandcmch. Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you with on-line check in.

I did it and it was great! It took me maybe five minutes, Everything was ready when wen arrived. Use it is :goodvibesgreat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter