• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online check in- credit card

Mufasa&Simba

Mouseketeer
My dad and I will arrive at POFQ in a few days and like we have in the past, would like to do online check in. The only problem is on our last trip (May 2014), when I did it, I put a credit card on file, thinking they just needed it to confirm it but I don't be charged. When we got there I was ready to pay on my debit card for the room (we always do room only) and the castmember said it was already paid for. I was a little upset because I didn't know that would actually pay for the room, when I planned to pay another way. Now I'm a little iffy about putting my credit card on file. I have read someplace on here that you can skip putting in the CC and it still works. We are arriving probably after 9pm so I'm sure we could just skip online check in and do it the regular way.

I also got an email that we can do the online check in/go right to your room thing. Are you required to put in a CC for that?

As far as I know you can skip the CC page and it will be fine.

But you can't go straight to your room that way, because you have to go and pay off your room. (assuming you have a room-only again)

But doing online checkin doesn't equal getting the "straight to room" option. If you do online checkin you aren't guaranteed going straight to your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter