Online check in and requests

DJFan88

DIS Veteran
I've made requests before, some met and some not. I state this to inform you all that I understand requests are just that, and not in anyway a guarantee or in some cases even a possibility.

So, that being said: If I do online check-in, do you still have the right, or maybe I mean to say, does the CM still have the capability of changing your room if you get something totally off and you request at check-in if they have something that may be more accomodating to you. Or, are the rooms pretty much set in stone, because you did the online check-in versus just checking in? We will be arriving at a pretty busy time, around the 10-11 am hour.

Oh, and as a follow-up question:
Because we are only 2 days out, perhaps our rooms are already assigned?

I've made requests before, some met and some not. I state this to inform you all that I understand requests are just that, and not in anyway a guarantee or in some cases even a possibility.

So, that being said: If I do online check-in, do you still have the right, or maybe I mean to say, does the CM still have the capability of changing your room if you get something totally off and you request at check-in if they have something that may be more accomodating to you. Or, are the rooms pretty much set in stone, because you did the online check-in versus just checking in? We will be arriving at a pretty busy time, around the 10-11 am hour.

If you think you might want a different room because your requests were not met, I would advise against doing on-line check in. The purpose of on-line check in is to have all your information ready when you get there and you can just grab your packet and go, thus the speed benefit of on-line check in. If you check - in on line and then want to sit at the counter checking for another room, you're essentially holding everyone else up in line that is utilizing on-line check in correctly.

So, in your case, I would not do it.

Hi there!

Hope your trip is great! We tried online check in last year for the first time. While efficient, it was the first year, literally, that we did not get our request. We have, gratefully, ALWAYS gotten our requests, and last year we did not. We will not do online check in again.

I have read many, many posts from folks who have run into the same problem, and have asked the CM to change it for them, which they did. So to answer your question, yes, you can still request change upon check in.

Some folks complain about both the wait without doing online check in, and also about the wait if they have to ask for a change after having done online check in. Personally, I don't care about either - I'm just so darn glad to be standing in the lobby knowing I'm there. As far as whether or not your room assignment has been done, some folks have stated there is a system as to when it is done, and swear by it. I don't have any knowledge about that, so I can't speak to it. I don't know exactly when it is done, my guess would be 24 to 48 hours prior to your arrival date?

Hope this answers your question! :goodvibes

Thank you both for your answers. They both make perfect sense, and since I don't really care about the wait, either, I think I'll just go and do it all there!

I have done on line check-in and gotten my requests and I have done on-line check in and gotten nothing near my requests ! They will change your room when they have avaialabiity where you would like . For instance the time we didnt get our request they changed our room the next day so we had to move twice very inconvinent if you ask me. They normally assign rooms at apprx 5 days prior to your arrival. I always fax my request 7 days prior and I usually get something close to what I request when I check in at the reg check in.
Although I have gotten them through on line check in also I have had more luck with the reg check in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter