Ongoing solo day thread 3/4/14

TreeSapp

That weird guest in line who'll talk to anyone.
Left home at 5:45am, forgot to take 'rush hour traffic' into account (we always come down on a Saturday).

Arrived at the MK tollbooth at 8:35. ALL LANES OPEN and 5 cars deep. I've never actually seen that before and today wasn't predicted to be a totally crazy day or anything. We're just usually on the monorail or at MK by 8:30.

Opted for resort monorail, since the regular line was 75% of the way down the ramp (easily 2+ full loads). Only 2 families waiting for resort monorail with me

At bag check. ALL LINES OPEN and 10people deep.

I'm used to 4-6lanes open and scrambling to unzip my bag before my turn. This will probably be good practice for having kids... Doubt I'll ever operate on 'my time' again ;)

Only 2 families deep at the turnstiles. Got thru easy 9:15

Lots of people in Mardi Gras gear! guess PP was right :)

Lines are mostly under 10min in fantasyland, Peter Pan & ETWB are 40. Did pooh with 5min wait

Waiting on Silly Sideshow to open - need Daisy's autograph

I also heard on the news this morning (Chicago) that more people are travelling right now than in previous years. They are saying that because we've had such a long, cold winter people are taking off for warmer climates in droves.

I certainly would be if I could!!!!!

I also heard on the news this morning (Chicago) that more people are travelling right now than in previous years. They are saying that because we've had such a long, cold winter people are taking off for warmer climates in droves.

I certainly would be if I could!!!!!

I know I am ready to leave Ohio and get in Orlando in a couple of weeks. It's been a horrible winter and I am ready for it to be over! :)

Since last post I've lost a trading n pin and spent 10min backtracking only to not find it :( oh well!

Also met donald, goofy, minnie, daisy, Fairy Godmother, Stepmother & step sisters (for the first time yay!), Peter Pan (no Wendy) and now in line for Tinkerbell.

Peter was by far the longest wait, but not a very long line.

I love my solo trips but alas my family will be going with me on the next Disney trip.

I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your day.

Hope you're having still having fun :)

Try calling lost and found when you get back tonight and ask if anyone has found your pin and turned it in. We've turned in a few of those in our visits. Not everyone keeps them :goodvibes

Following along. Can you please comment on the temperature / clothing as well?

Is T-shirt with a thin hoodie enough for the kids?
I am wondering if it gets chilly into the night. Need a hoodie for the evening? I am packing for this weekend now.

Thanks in advance, and I hope you have a great day at MK!

Following along. Can you please comment on the temperature / clothing as well?

Is T-shirt with a thin hoodie enough for the kids?
I am wondering if it gets chilly into the night. Need a hoodie for the evening? I am packing for this weekend now.

Thanks in advance, and I hope you have a great day at MK!

This is a good question. We'll be there in two weeks and I was wondering the same thing. :)

I was there the last few days as well, though not the OP. It got a little chilly around fireworks time (62ish) but I was fine. Might want a sweatshirt for the kiddos, but most of them were passed out during the fireworks anyway...

I was there the last few days as well, though not the OP. It got a little chilly around fireworks time (62ish) but I was fine. Might want a sweatshirt for the kiddos, but most of them were passed out during the fireworks anyway...

Great, thank you!

Wow! I failed terribly at this. Sorry!

After my last post, I never had enough downtime to stop and write. Wound up meeting Agee really great families in line, having rather short lines, and ultimately left the park early (3:00pm) to go meet my sister and the kids for dinner. Then the next four days with the kids were such a non-stop whirlwind, that I have no idea how a family traveling with only 2 adults could ever survive ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter