$10 for the Bank Vacation Account.
$1.56 for the Loose Change Can.

So, the new totals are:

52-Week Challenge Jar: $25
Disney Vacation Account: $59
Bank Vacation Account: $65
Loose Change Can: $1.56

NEW Overall Total: $150.56 :thumbsup2

I've just started the saving/budgeting for my Disney trip. I totally understand where you are coming from. I hate how we Canadians don't have the same coupon system as they do in the states. Our coupons totally suck.
I just started using swag bucks, and I like how they have coupons, plus you get swag bucks for redeeming them.
I've also become a member of Global Market Survey, which you collect points for doing surveys and redeem them for gift cards.
I'm so happy with the new program at the grocery store. I've been a PC member for years. I actually paid for my wedding using my PC credit card and ended up with a huge pay out at the end. Now with the PC plus card, I'm able to get points even faster. In 3 months I've gotten $45 in points. Love it. Cuts down my grocery budget for the month. Now if only I could find something similar for fuel.

Since I last updated, I...

earned $1.23 from quickrewards... :woohoo::woohoo:

added $5 to the account :yay:

So the new totals now are:

$40.75 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$41.25 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$35.00 in credit card rewards
$15.40 in the change jar
$50.00 in the account

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $182.40!!

I've just started the saving/budgeting for my Disney trip. I totally understand where you are coming from. I hate how we Canadians don't have the same coupon system as they do in the states. Our coupons totally suck.
I just started using swag bucks, and I like how they have coupons, plus you get swag bucks for redeeming them.
I've also become a member of Global Market Survey, which you collect points for doing surveys and redeem them for gift cards.
I'm so happy with the new program at the grocery store. I've been a PC member for years. I actually paid for my wedding using my PC credit card and ended up with a huge pay out at the end. Now with the PC plus card, I'm able to get points even faster. In 3 months I've gotten $45 in points. Love it. Cuts down my grocery budget for the month. Now if only I could find something similar for fuel.

Welcome!!

I hear ya about the PC card...that's the one I was talking about. Love that thing! And I agree about having something similar for gasoline. I just use my PC card there too. I just hope they get the PC points plus at No Frills soon because I do the majority of my shopping there. Good luck with all your saving!!

So I talked to DH last night and told him that the money I am saving is going to go towards going back to Disney. We both miss it. And DD doesn't remember her last trip. She was too young. I have not been in over a year and DH keeps talking about it and the next time we go. So I just decided we should go. But I can't go until I have enough so I will play along now.

$160 - vacation savings
$ .53 - Quick Rewards
$25 - gas gift card from MyPoints
$6.02 - earnings from program
$13.19 - earnings from program

$204.74 - total so far! I am hoping that posting will help me stay focused on earning more!

I do have a change jar, I just have no clue how much is in it.

I have done stuff for Bare Mystery in the past. They do stuff for coffee, bank of America ect. But mostly I was doing post office evaluations. You go to the post office and mail something a certain way to anyone you want. they pay $7-$21 and then they reimburse you up to $12 for the box if you have to buy one and the shipping. I haven't done any in a year because I got lazy. But there all over the u.s. Just wanted to pass it along so you guys had something else to look into. Once I had to go take pictures of a closed store and send them in because the chain wanted to make sure all of there name ect was off the windows ect. It paid like $15. It was in a different town that I go through to get to the big city. lol They also do a lot where you go find out what info you get when looking for a new smart phone, Ones where you call on the phone and get info on real-estate. I will only leave this up for a few days, then I'm going to delete it, I'm not sure I should have it here but wanted to show you guys what it says. The evaluations I have done take about 15 min to do they are mostly multiple choice answers. Good luck if anyone looks into it.:mickeyjum

COMMENTS: Dear Evaluator,

You must take and pass the quiz before doing the shop. The quiz is located under the view/submit link in your shop log once a shop has been assigned to you.

We are starting a new mystery evaluation program on behalf of Microsoft. The goal of this mystery shop is to assess how PC manufacturers (e.g. Dell), distributors and resellers (e.g. Amazon) are promoting Office when a customer buys or inquires about buying a new PC. We would like to compare this evaluation through three main streams: Assessing the process of attaching Office to a PC purchase via Websites; Assessing advisers/sales associates attitude/knowledge/promotion of Office through Call Centers and Live chat.

SCENARIO: CALLS- Each reseller and distributor may have different hours in which their advisers/ sales associates are available so please check their website before completing your CALL CENTER assessment. You must allow the assessment to progress naturally and allow the sales associate time to offer you help and advice spontaneously before making the relevant prompts. You should let the sales associate lead the discussion.

There are four different scenarios of which you will be assigned only one. The yellow sticky note attached to your shop will tell you which scenario you must follow. You MUST check your sticky note for all the details pertaining to your specific scenario. FAILURE TO ADHERE TO YOUR SCENARIO AS LISTED ON YOUR STICKY NOTE WILL RESULT IN THE EXCLUSION AND/OR CANCELLATION OF YOUR ASSIGNMENT AND NON PAYMENT
You will find what you should say and your prompts in your guidelines specifically for each scenario. You will also need to listen carefully to the sales associate’s presentation in how they try to establish your needs, what products they recommend and what the reasoning is behind their recommendations, did they mention anything negative about Office.

PROOF OF SHOP: You will also be asked to obtain the sales persons/adviser’s name. This is a MUST.

QUESTIONNAIRE: You will have to complete your report within 24 hours after completing your scenario.

If you would like to participate in this project, please apply via our Job Board

(www.baidata.com). Do not apply, if you cannot perform the mystery visit within the given timeline.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

You cannot complete the same engine for the same seller more than once.

Thank you!

Kathy Griffin

kgriffin@bareinternational.com

You must meet the following qualifications to apply for this shop:
* Your Shopper Rating must be at least 5
* Your age is from 18 to 55 years

Business Type/Name: Technology
Due Date : 01-22-14
Shop cannot be performed BEFORE 01-18-14

Available Shops:
* United States: NA->
http://www.baidata.com/bnc.php?TP=1&ID=92939&AS=90832&ST=565

Please do not reply to this message directly.

TO APPLY FOR A SHOP: Find your state/region/country among the "Available Shops" and click on its link. Please login at http://www.baidata.com/shoppers to search the most up to date listing of ALL available shops in your area.

TO DISCONTINUE RECEIVING EMAILS from BARE: Please login at http://www.baidata.com/shoppers, select to change your status and check the box, "Do not email shop offers" (to stop emails, but keep account active)

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A BREAK FROM MYSTERY SHOPPING: Please login at http://www.baidata.com/shoppers, select to change your status and check the box to deactivate your account. You will be able to reactivate your account at any time.

For Birthdays or Holidays ask for Disney Gift Cards. We did this for Christmas. We have talked about getting rid of our cable and just using netflix and Hulu. We haven't taken the plunge yet, but it would be $100 a month of "found money". Closer to vacations we tend to be "neater" so the housekeeper doesn't have to stay as long too. LOL

I read a previous post about someone getting $200 Giftcard promo when opening Chase Disney Visa, I had received 6 cards to give to people to take advantage of this promo and I still have 2 left if someone was interested in the promo let me know and ill give you the info.

Awesome thread! I am also saving for our 2nd WDW trip in May 2015. Not sure if this will be a dh and I only trip (our 30th Anniversary) or if our 2 dks will be going with us. I'm planning it like there will be 4 and possibly 5 if ds's GF comes with. Since we don't get to go very often (we go to DL all the time, have annual passes) I want this time in WDW to be amazing!

I'm doing the 52 week challenge! I also use cash only for groceries and gas, anything left in the envie at the end of the pay period goes straight to the Disney fund. My piggy bank makes a lot of noise when I shake it, a change jar is too easy to get into so I went with an actual piggy bank! I have a $50 Disney GC and when dh gets his bonus in April we agreed that I could take money off the top to put in the WDW account! :)

So my totals so far.....
$6 in the 52 week challenge jar
$9 left in the grocery envie
$50 Disney GC
--------------------
**$65 total so far! :)

Awesome thread! I am also saving for our 2nd WDW trip in May 2015. Not sure if this will be a dh and I only trip (our 30th Anniversary) or if our 2 dks will be going with us. I'm planning it like there will be 4 and possibly 5 if ds's GF comes with. Since we don't get to go very often (we go to DL all the time, have annual passes) I want this time in WDW to be amazing! I'm doing the 52 week challenge! I also use cash only for groceries and gas, anything left in the envie at the end of the pay period goes straight to the Disney fund. My piggy bank makes a lot of noise when I shake it, a change jar is too easy to get into so I went with an actual piggy bank! I have a $50 Disney GC and when dh gets his bonus in April we agreed that I could take money off the top to put in the WDW account! :) So my totals so far..... $6 in the 52 week challenge jar $9 left in the grocery envie $50 Disney GC -------------------- **$65 total so far! :)
do you buy a gc every month? And what is the 52 wk challenge

do you buy a gc every month? And what is the 52 wk challenge

I am buying a $50 GC each month, although I recently read here on the boards where Sam's Club does a 3pk of $50 GC's for $142 and change so I'm going to check that out next time I'm at our Sam's Club.

Here is a link to a 52 week challenge, scroll down just a bit and you will see a chart that shows the challenge. It's pretty basic, week 1 you deposit $1, week 2....$2 and so on. By the end of the 52 weeks you can save $1378!
http://ptmoney.com/52-week-money-saving-challenge/

Shopkick is a great App to make money. You get points for walking into stores like target, bestbuy, macy's etc. You also get points for scanning items within the store (my daughter loves finding and scanning). Once you get enough points you can redeem them for gift cards. I have gotten a lot of target and best buy gift cards. Its awesome!

I also use coupons: Target is awesome because you can use cartwheel, target coupons, manufactures coupons AND the coupons they text you. CVS is another favorite because you can use their coupons and manufacture coupons and get extra bucks.

Since I last updated, I...

earned $0.45 from isay

earned $1.25 from quickrewards... :woohoo::woohoo:

earned $1.70 in free groceries

added $3.60 to the change jar :yay:

$41.20 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$42.62 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$36.70 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$18.95 in the change jar
$50.00 in the account

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $189.47!!

We have talked about getting rid of our cable and just using netflix and Hulu. We haven't taken the plunge yet, but it would be $100 a month of "found money". Closer to vacations we tend to be "neater" so the housekeeper doesn't have to stay as long too. LOL

We took the plunge last May. I love it. I watch shows when I want to and not when the networks tell me I have to. There were only a few shows that are not on Hulu that we watch but we can watch them on their website. It works for us and we won't be going back to cable. The only channels I miss are Disney, Disney Jr, and Nick Jr. But we watch episodes on the websites or Amazon Prime (I had already and did not effect our cable decision. I order a lot from Amazon).

Wow! There was a lot of activity this weekend! Welcome and good luck to all our newbies! I know we can all find creative ways to come up with the money we need to get us back to our happy place! :lmao:

We use netflix mostly and have an antenna for a few air stations. I would never go back to paying for cable! Having said that...I just realized I missed as episode of Downton Abbey last night! :scared1:

I am buying a $50 GC each month, although I recently read here on the boards where Sam's Club does a 3pk of $50 GC's for $142 and change so I'm going to check that out next time I'm at our Sam's Club.

Here is a link to a 52 week challenge, scroll down just a bit and you will see a chart that shows the challenge. It's pretty basic, week 1 you deposit $1, week 2....$2 and so on. By the end of the 52 weeks you can save $1378!
http://ptmoney.com/52-week-money-saving-challenge/

I'm also doing this challenge. A friend of mine did it last year, and she said to reverse it. So, for January, I've already saved the "expensive" months. She said it's much easier to do it in reverse especially come closer to Christmas time :)

I've also got my Disney fund jar (any loose change goes in there) and I've been saving my Disney Visa rewards for over a year now :dance3:

Wow! There was a lot of activity this weekend! Welcome and good luck to all our newbies! I know we can all find creative ways to come up with the money we need to get us back to our happy place! :lmao:

We use netflix mostly and have an antenna for a few air stations. I would never go back to paying for cable! Having said that...I just realized I missed as episode of Downton Abbey last night! :scared1:

It is online around 24 hours after it airs. I watch them on Masterpiece Theatre's website. Just me, my laptop, and pair of headphones. LOL

so far I have kept up with the 52 week challenge (I am doing it x5 since there are five of us) I'm sure that will be tough closer to the holidays! I have also stayed in the past couple weekends and that has REALLY helped!!

In the last 24 hours, I have...

earned $0.45 from isay

earned $1.05 from quickrewards... :woohoo::woohoo:

earned $0.02 in credit card rewards :lmao:

$41.65 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$43.67 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$36.72 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$18.95 in the change jar
$50.00 in the account

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $190.99!!

I added more change to the jar, completed a few more surveys towards Lawndry's gift card, and if we sell our 2nd fridge that money will go into the disney fund. I will provide status on all "found" money at end of the month. It is so exciting to see everyone make progress on their goals and learn some new tips/tricks to saving money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter