one-way car rentals

aam23110

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
Can anyone give me an estimate on what it costs for a one-way rental from Port Canaveral to MCO? My DW seems to think that any rental agency charges a drop-off fee of around $ 100 on top of the rental fee. Is that true? I told her that if that was the case nobody would choose such a cost prohibitive option.
Also, can we get the DCL shuttle bus one way, from the airport to PC? Or is it round trip only?

Thanks

We just booked a one-way rental through Budget using a code from Mousesavers and got a van for $87. We booked pick-up at 8am at MCO and drop off at Budget at 12pm. Yes, you can book DCL transportation one-way.

Hi all,
Can anyone give me an estimate on what it costs for a one-way rental from Port Canaveral to MCO? My DW seems to think that any rental agency charges a drop-off fee of around $ 100 on top of the rental fee. Is that true? I told her that if that was the case nobody would choose such a cost prohibitive option.
Also, can we get the DCL shuttle bus one way, from the airport to PC? Or is it round trip only?

Thanks
Ours was like $60 to the port - (less than 24 hrs) and $115 back because we kept it beyond 24 hrs, so it counted as 2 days. And my friends took the shuttle to the port and rented a car after so I assume 1 way is possibe with the shuttle.

:thumbsup2 We rented a Budget van for $68 from MCO and turning it into the Port the next morning., coming back- the same thing but only $60. Thanks to Mousesavers and here.!:goodvibes

We did 2 one-way rentals through Budget for a standard-size car. We paid $51 to the Port and $41 to MCO.

Florida doesn't have drop fees, you pay the same as you would for a normal rental

John

Thrifty does charge a drop fee which can vary in price from about $20 to $35 or so....but...that said....two of our past rentals with Thrifty were the least expensive of all the agencies even with the drop fee so don't count them out until you price them all out.

MJ

Florida doesn't have drop fees, you pay the same as you would for a normal rental

John

Thrifty does charge a drop fee which can vary in price from about $20 to $35 or so....but...that said....two of our past rentals with Thrifty were the least expensive of all the agencies even with the drop fee so don't count them out until you price them all out.

MJ

These would seem to contradict eachother, is there a drop fee or not? :confused3

I booked a port to MCO standards size sedan through Budget for $90 (with all taxes and fees). I got a code from Dreams, sounds like some of you got a better code).

Pick up is 8 AM and drop off is 5 PM

These would seem to contradict eachother, is there a drop fee or not? :confused3

Can't comment on the other poster's info but I KNOW Thrifty charges a drop off fee...I have paid it before and it is listed on the invoice.

Edited to add that I just did a dummy booking from MCO to Cape Canaveral through Thrifty and the drop charge shows up as $17.00

MJ

Can't comment on the other poster's info but I KNOW Thrifty charges a drop off fee...I have paid it before and it is listed on the invoice.

Edited to add that I just did a dummy booking from MCO to Cape Canaveral through Thrifty and the drop charge shows up as $17.00

MJ

Strange - I booked through hertz a couple of years ago, no drop fee. I agree do fake bookings to check rates. I think mouse savers had discount codes, i'll have a look when I'm on my desktop.

Hope this helps

John

We have used Budget and Avis , pre and post cruise, many times. I can usually find a price around $50 or so for a mid-size, and have never paid a drop-off charge.

Check mousesavers, etc. for coupons.

We have a full sized car from Budget with code U024100 on my Rapid Rez account from MCO to Port for $59.00 and a Van from Budget with BCD code Y937800 not using my Rapid Rez account for $67.00 from Port to DoubleTree Downtown Disney on the return. No drop off fee and one day rentals in both situations. Both codes were on Mousesavers and on the DIS Transportation Forum.

I keep checking for better deals, but they just have not gone any lower than what I have. I'm just hoping it goes smoothly with dropping off and picking up via the Budget shuttle.

Good luck!!!

We booked Budget 1 way from WDW to Port Premier Level car: $55 and then from Port to WDW is $50. We used the code BCD Y937800

My question is has anyone ever experienced Budget or any rental agency not having a car for you when you get there...not paying for my reservation until the day of is making me nervous....I feel like it isn't really set.

Strange - I booked through hertz a couple of years ago, no drop fee. I agree do fake bookings to check rates. I think mouse savers had discount codes, i'll have a look when I'm on my desktop.

Hope this helps

John

Thrifty is the only agency at the port that charges a drop fee. But as I said earlier...even with the drop fee they can be cheaper than some of the other companies so best to check them all out with the different discount codes available.

Yes, mousesavers has tons of discounts...I always check them out when renting.

MJ

Not dumb at all ...

MCO is the FAA code for Orlando Int'l Airport (a reference to the airport's legacy as the former McCoy Air Force Base, which itself was named for Colonel Michael Norman Wright McCoy, who was stationed there and died in a training accident).

The more you know ... ;)

aw thank you guys so much for the quick answer!! :) so i've got another question.. if i rented a car (which i want to do.. we're planning on driving from arkansas) can i rent it one way to MCO and then rent another one way back home after the cruise?

also, how in the world do i get from MCO to the ship?? I'm such a newbie, sorry! :teacher:

aw thank you guys so much for the quick answer!! :) so i've got another question.. if i rented a car (which i want to do.. we're planning on driving from arkansas) can i rent it one way to MCO and then rent another one way back home after the cruise?

also, how in the world do i get from MCO to the ship?? I'm such a newbie, sorry! :teacher:

You will actually want to turn the car in at the Port. Budget, Avis, Thrifty, and a few others have offices within a couple miles of the port and give courtesy shuttle to the port.

You may actually find that it may be cheaper to keep the rental car rather then pay for two one-way rentals from out of state. Most agencies in Florida don't charge a one-way drop fee for in state rentals, but from out of state I imagine there may be one.

EDITED TO ADD: I just did a dummy booking showing you renting for a couple of days and dropping off at the port, Little Rock to Cape Canaveral, the price for the one-way 3 day rental was about $316 EACH WAY!! The price to have a full-size vehicle for 12 days is only $265, and this is without a promo code!!!

You will be much better off paying to park then you would be turning the vehicle in and getting another one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter