• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One thing you should do today...

my3princes

<font color=red>Looking for a milestone to claim<b
If you own an RV or Trailer, please take 15 minutes and inspect your roof. We have a 2011 travel trailer which we purchased new. I inspect our camper every year, repair cracked caulking, clean the roof with rubber roof cleaner etc. This spring I waited too long to do the inspection. The sky light over the tub had crack in dozens of places just due to age and living in VT where temps fall to -30 degrees and reach 100 degrees. We also had 5 small tears in the slide out roof (which is in the camper during the winter) as well as a couple of tears in the main roof. We have no idea how these developed other then weather as we don't park under trees or anything at home. Thanks to youtube my repairs are well underway. I'm just waiting for caulking to arrive for the sides of the trailer where the caulking has cracked. One caulking for the roof, another for the sides and a special repair tape for the slide out. I didn't factor all this time into our vacation prep, but I'm thankful to find the problems outside before problems arose inside.

Last edited:
If you own an RV or Trailer, please take 15 minutes and inspect your roof. We have a 2011 travel trailer which we purchased new. I inspect our camper every year, repair cracked caulking, clean the roof with rubber rood cleaner etc. .[/QUOTE

Where would I buy rood cleaner? LOL :lmao: Just giving you a hard time! I check our roof every spring after the snow is off the camper. The last place we lived, the camper was close to a Walnut tree, walnuts would fall and break the vent covers. Guess what happened to the tree? :jumping2:

Only on my second season (lesson here is that even after only 1 year, brand new camper still needs checking up top!), but have all ready purchased and used appropriate roof caulking to cover small spider cracks in the caulking some areas on roof...had a small drip into forward clothing closet....hopefully I got the offending cracks....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter