• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One suggestion for quality time?

MrsRamos

Earning My Ears
We are planning on spending most of our cruise all together, since this is our first one and I am not sure how my DD (5, 8, and 13) will like the labs/clubs. I do however want to surprise my DH with some alone time. If you had to suggest one thing for QT time as a couple, besides dinner at Palo or Remy, what would it be?

We like:

Some time together in the hot tub and loungers in the Rainforest on the new ships that are useable with a simple day pass.

Couples massage in the spa.

Some alone time on the adult beach on Castaway even if you don't spend the whole day there.

Ordering the cheese plate from room service and have drinks on our verandah if we have one that cruise.

Other options:

Rent bikes and ride together on Castaway.

Do an alcohol tasting class (if you like to drink).

Go see a movie, just the two of you. Stash your favorite movie theater candy in your suitcase to bring with you.

I'm sure others will come up with lots of ideas! :thumbsup2

We are planning on spending most of our cruise all together, since this is our first one and I am not sure how my DD (5, 8, and 13) will like the labs/clubs. I do however want to surprise my DH with some alone time. If you had to suggest one thing for QT time as a couple, besides dinner at Palo or Remy, what would it be?

Nothing! What I mean is to schedule nothing. Seriously, just enjoy having time together exploring the ship, watching a movie, anything. Go stand on top deck or deck 4 and watch the water, go to the fitness center, share a pizza, or just relax in the stateroom. And I would NOT plan on spending most of your time together. Maybe half the time, the kids can enjoy the club activities. My ds is an only child and we are overly protective parents. We had NO plans of ds going to the clubs. We acquiesced to his request and he liked it. He spent a lot of time in there and we found ourselves actually alone for the first time in 10 years. I was surprised at the amount of time that my DW and I had alone. It was great!

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.

My ex-husband and I enjoyed sitting outside of the Cove Cafe watching the water in the great chairs they have there after we dropped the kids off at the clubs. It was actually very nice to sit there with a mimosa or bloody mary and relax together.

:thumbsup2

Turned out to be a very good memory of some quality time we had without the stress of getting to the spa for an apt or to Palo for a ressie. It just was unplanned and relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter