one room at WL or two at All-Star

teach65

Earning My Ears
Haven't been to Disney since 1989, first time with the family. Planning a trip for Nov 6-13. Four of us- two girls, ages 7 and 5. Should we stay at WL or have two connecting rooms at one of the All-Stars? I was thinking of a suite on Disney property, but it is higher than our budget. My husband and I would love an extra room to ourselves and want to stay on Disney property, but would like to spend 200 or less a night. Thanks for any help!

Being that it's just you and dh and 2 small children, I'd personnally go with WL -- That being said though, it's because I would not be as comfortable with my 2 children being in a separate room that wasn't all one vacation villa. If you're comfortable doing that then 2 rooms at a value may be better for you being that the rooms at WL are quite small. WL is a much nicer resort as well with alot more ammenities so that would be another plus. You mentioned maybe getting a suite but that it would be quite pricey -- have you checked out the Jr.Suite at CSR? that may be a bit less expensive since it's in the moderate catagory. Just a thought.

Since my reasoning is that I'd never be comfortable with the 2 rooms at a value resort with kids that age -- My other suggestions would be either to get one of the cabins at FW. They have a separate bedroom from the living room (there's a murphy bed in the living room) and a kitchen. This would give you the separate bedroom for your children and still be all in one room so to speak and they are usually reasonably priced. And the other suggestion of course would be to rent points from a DVC member and stay in a 1 bdrm vacation villa at one of the DVC resorts. This way again, you'd still have a separate room for the kids and still be in one room. Since you want to stay at WL you could always try to rent the points to stay at the Villas at WL -- the DVC portion;) and then you'd have plenty of space.

Just my thoughts -- good luck!

I almost always suggest people go for AllStar resorts - they are a great value in my mind.

Given the fact you have not visited in 15 years, and the girls have never been, I'd say your number one priority should be to stay together as a family. You definitley want to see the excitement in there eyes the morning they head off to MK. My suggestion - forgo your privacy for a week - spend every minute you can with your daughters.

That said with little girls 5 and 7, I think you would have enough room at any resort. Our kids love ASMo. If you feel you would like the extra amenities then maybe a moderate would be good - CSR or CBR maybe.

For $200 you should be able to get a room in WL or AKL - early Nov is an off time of year, if you book AKL you may have chance for an upgrade to a Savannah (sp?) view room.

Whatever resort you choose I would suggest 1 room.

Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter