One Ride that Disney should eliminate

Captain EO is one of my favorite rides in Epcot. :goodvibes

They don't need to eliminate any rides, per say, but they direly need to change Figment and Stitch. (And there is speculation that work is being done on Figment.)

boyob13, what do you think is wrong with the Figment ride/needs work? It used to be one of my favorite rides, but we haven't been to WDW in many years, so it has probably changed..and not for the better?

MK: Stitch's great escape...for all that is good PLEASE GET RID OF IT.
(Side story here. Wife and I went to dinner at The Wave, had a few. Took the monorail to Poly and had a drink there. We were kinda buzzed and went back to MK...said let's ride stitch see if it's any better. It wasn't)

Epcot: (sorry EO fans but...) Captain EO. I would of said HISTA but it's nice that EO is back but we need something new there.

DHS: The Backlot tour...it's so much of a dilapidated version of it's former self.

AK: I dunno maybe Primeval Whirl, but other than that I can't think of anything. Not enough rides there to begin with.

Stitch is clearly the least favorite, but few explain why. Why is this attraction so disliked?

My wife and I enjoyed the dark/"scary" elements of it. Far more thrilling than many of the other attractions.

Stitch is clearly the least favorite, but few explain why. Why is this attraction so disliked?

My wife and I enjoyed the dark/"scary" elements of it. Far more thrilling than many of the other attractions.

The dark parts of the People Mover scare me more than Stitch.

boyob13, what do you think is wrong with the Figment ride/needs work? It used to be one of my favorite rides, but we haven't been to WDW in many years, so it has probably changed..and not for the better?

This is a perfect ride for my little ones. We discuss senses in Kindergarten - 2nd grade and this ride helps solidify those discussions. I agree it could have more, but when I get on it, its more like a funny educational ride.:confused3

It isn't bad itself, per say, it's just that it pales in comparison to what it was before (I'm talking about the original here), and the content of the ride, I don't feel, encompasses the feel of the pavilion in the first place.

Journey into Imagination, Stitch (even though I love the character - just hate the attraction), COP and Narnia. I think Narnia needs to go first, it's so pointless.

MK: Stitch's great escape...for all that is good PLEASE GET RID OF IT.
(Side story here. Wife and I went to dinner at The Wave, had a few. Took the monorail to Poly and had a drink there. We were kinda buzzed and went back to MK...said let's ride stitch see if it's any better. It wasn't)

Epcot: (sorry EO fans but...) Captain EO. I would of said HISTA but it's nice that EO is back but we need something new there.

DHS: The Backlot tour...it's so much of a dilapidated version of it's former self.

AK: I dunno maybe Primeval Whirl, but other than that I can't think of anything. Not enough rides there to begin with.
I agree on ALL of them but if I was limited to only one it would be Stitch, What a waste. It used to be good when it was Alien.

There's a difference between eliminating and replacing or updating. I don't think they should eliminate any ride or attraction. There're plenty that need to be replaced, or updated, but not eliminated.

I do have my least favorites but my kids enjoy mostly everything so I won't complain. For some reason kids love the Stitch experience/ride. I can't stand the smoke, the smells, just the whole thing about being restrained in the dark. LOL. My kids could go on that thing 10x. What I dislke the most is where the Stitch rides exit is. I stood for 25 minutes in the wrong area waiting for my kids to get off that stupid ride. OOPS MY BAD! I love LOVE WDW! I just hate that some rides exit into a store. Yeah I understand impulse merchandising and purchasing. But come on!

As a math teacher, I would LOVE to see the phrase "i = square root of -1" returned into the Imagination.I was so disappointed to realize that it had been taken away. ("i" is the most basic of the Imaginary numbers.)

Beyond that, though, any ride that we don't like that funnels people away from the rides we do like is fine with me!!!

MK- Buzz Lightyear's spaceranger spin or the tomorrowland speedway

Epcot - not really sure i'd like to see them get rid of anything, but I wish they'd make the wonders of life pavilion something.

DHS - Indiana Jones or Sounds Dangerous.....oh and Narnia

Animal Kingdom - Most of the dino land area could go. primeval whirl/triceratop spin....I can find those at the local six flags.

Stitch! I don't know why Disney pushes this movie so hard. Lousy movie not deserving of a ride or a character meal at Poly

DHS - Indiana Jones

Why? I understand that for repeat visitors it can get stale, but I don't think it needs to be replaced completely. If only for the new visitors to enjoy. It still gets a lot of laughs from the audience.

Also, Backlot express could use some updating, but not eliminating.

My vote is for the speedway. It takes up a lot of space that could be used to add a really big ride there.

Why? I understand that for repeat visitors it can get stale, but I don't think it needs to be replaced completely. If only for the new visitors to enjoy. It still gets a lot of laughs from the audience.

Also, Backlot express could use some updating, but not eliminating.

Why any ride/show?

I didn't like it the first time I saw it 15 years ago.
I went to see it again last year (for the first time since then) and it bored me to tears.
I just have no need for it and will probably not go see it again.

The many adventures of Winnie The Pooh. Sorry but I never saw the point. I wish they would revive Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter