One place at a time. Kona Cafe.

cdrn1

<font color=royalblue>what I wouldn't give to have
We went to the Kona Cafe on 9/4. ADR was for 5:30. We were a few minutes late but were seated immediately. I didn't catch our server's name but she was very good. She knew what we needed before we realized we needed it.
For our appetizers, I had the sticky wings, J had the Crab Cakes, and R had the (of course) Kona Salad. The wings were soooooooo good. We polished them off first. The crab cakes were okay, not nearly as good as Cap'n Jacks but more "crabby". The salad was pretty good too; the vinaigrette was light and citrus-y. I then had the Char-crusted filet, J had the Teriyaki Steak, and R had Prime Rib. My filet was tender and flavorful. The char was yummy. I ordered rare and it was more medium rare, but still good. The prime rib was good too; R thought it was a little too rare but to me it was the way a med-rare cut of meat should be. The Teriyaki steak was the overwhelming favorite. It was very flavorful and the sweet pineapple really set it off. The bread and macadamia nut butter was very delicious too.
For dessert, I had the Kilauea Torte, J had the Banana Creme Brulee, and R had the macadamia nut torte. The creme brulee was very smooth and creamy and the sugar crust on top was light and crunchy. The macadamia nut torte was smooth and creamy and very good. The volcano torte was pretty good but not as good as the other two; the inside was more syrupy than fudgy but the vanilla bean ice cream was very good.
This meal gets an 8/10.

Thanks for the review. The terriyaki steak and creme brule are my favorites too!!

How's breakfast there. I'm going for the coffee, which I hope is excellent.

They used to have a flat loaf with oil for dipping but the change over to that soft loaf with nut butter is a change for the better.

I loved that bread with the sweet nut butter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter