• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One person not on DDP

money4mickey

Earning My Ears
Originally our trip was planned just for myself, DH, and DS5...but now my mother and and DD20 months are joining us. My husband, son and I are on the dining plan but mom is not planning to be. I have already made all of our ADR's so I need to call and change them for another person and baby. Is it going to matter at all that we will have one adult at our table without dining plan?

money4mickey said:
Originally our trip was planned just for myself, DH, and DS5...but now my mother and and DD20 months are joining us. My husband, son and I are on the dining plan but mom is not planning to be. I have already made all of our ADR's so I need to call and change them for another person and baby. Is it going to matter at all that we will have one adult at our table without dining plan?

No it won't matter if one is not on the dining plan. You should be sure to tell the server at the start of the meal so they could put hers on her own bill. Also, it will likely mess up your ADR's because you will need a bigger table so your times may have to change. You should call asap.

If your mom isn't getting another room and planning on staying in yours, you may have no choice but to get her the dining plan. I believe all people in the room must be on the same package. If she's getting her own room then it won't matter.

Yes, ALL Guests on the same reservation are required to purchase the same package. If the mom is staying in the OP's room, she will have to get the same length/type ticket AND she will have to purchase the dining plan for the full length of stay.
Note that this would still be cheaper than her getting her own room.

Thanks for the replies...Mom is staying in a totally different room and we booked her totally separately. So, it shouldn't matter...right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter