One person in party is FL resident?

xcitedtogo

Earning My Ears
My brother lives in Florida. My family lives in Canada. Would he be able to book the trip for us (coming with us) using the florida resident rate?

My brother lives in Florida. My family lives in Canada. Would he be able to book the trip for us (coming with us) using the florida resident rate?
Yes, He would have to be the primary on the room. They will check his DL or proof of residency when he checks in.

Yes, He would have to be the primary on the room. They will check his DL or proof of residency when he checks in.

Ooh, are you sure?! I assumed each person would need to be a FL resident. That would be great since we live here and could do that for family. Of course, I don't see FL rates that often. I did a few weeks ago but they aren't showing up now.

Ooh, are you sure?! I assumed each person would need to be a FL resident. That would be great since we live here and could do that for family. Of course, I don't see FL rates that often. I did a few weeks ago but they aren't showing up now.
I'm pretty sure. My wife was a FL resident and I was not and we booked the room under her name and it worked. But, that was two years ago..

One person in the room must have proof of Florida residency for the reservation to qualify for the FL resident rate. They use the same proof as needed for a FL res ticket at WDW and the full list is on the WDW web site. It includes things like FL driver's licence, FL resident ID card, Student ID from a FL University, etc. They WILL verify it at check in.

Note--the FL resident must be booked in the room. This is different than a military discount where one military ID can purchase up to 3 cabins. For FL res, one FL res = one cabin at the discounted rate.

DCL has changed the verification process. Now proof of FL residence must be faxed to them within 2 days.

One person in the room must have proof of Florida residency for the reservation to qualify for the FL resident rate. They use the same proof as needed for a FL res ticket at WDW and the full list is on the WDW web site. It includes things like FL driver's licence, FL resident ID card, Student ID from a FL University, etc. They WILL verify it at check in.

Note--the FL resident must be booked in the room. This is different than a military discount where one military ID can purchase up to 3 cabins. For FL res, one FL res = one cabin at the discounted rate.

Good to know. i just thought the rates were for each person and only the actual D
FL res would get it.

But I can't buy family WDW park tickets with discount can I? I have a season pass but i thought they would know I have used my discount and cant buy say a 3 day pass at the fll rate. Am I wrong? If so I feel bad, my family came in Jan and they paid full price. They paid more for 5 day park hopper than my seasonal FL pass. :(

Good to know. i just thought the rates were for each person and only the actual D
FL res would get it.

But I can't buy family WDW park tickets with discount can I? I have a season pass but i thought they would know I have used my discount and cant buy say a 3 day pass at the fll rate. Am I wrong? If so I feel bad, my family came in Jan and they paid full price. They paid more for 5 day park hopper than my seasonal FL pass. :(

For the WDW pass, each person must be a FL resident. I think the logic is that each person is making a separate purchase. On DCL, the room is one reservation number whether it holds 1 or 4 people (or more!) The room reservation thus qualifies for the discounted rate.

One more question. Are FL rates only on their cruises out of PC or Miami or any Disney cruise? They have Alaska cruises out of Seattle, do they offer WA state res rates? That's where my family is from.

One more question. Are FL rates only on their cruises out of PC or Miami or any Disney cruise? They have Alaska cruises out of Seattle, do they offer WA state res rates? That's where my family is from.

So far, FL Resident rates have only been on sailings out of PC. They have also offered some Southern CA Resident rates on Mexican Riviera cruises.

OK, so I am following right, as long as my brother is primary on one room that room will /could have the Florida Resident discount. My new question is do they post florida resident discounts on all cruises? or only on certain ones in off season. If that is the case, how do we know when the discount is posted?

Does the Florida resident have to be the primary on the reservation or can it be any adult in the party?

We are Florida residents and have cruised a lot on Florida rates. Also if you have OBC and switch to the rate after final payment is made you will loose that. They usually don't come out with them if they do have them much before 60 days before sailing. Must have faxed drivers licensee within 2 days. If your brother is in one room and you in another room you will not have the rate. With the new ships they are not doing very many of them. We did sail on Dream in Jan with them.

FL resident has to be the primary guest to get FL resident rate. The special rate would only apply to the room or rooms the FL resident is in. A FL resident can't book their extended family in 2 rooms besides theirs & get them the special rate. Each room has to have a FL resident as the primary guest to qualify.

That's the way I understood the discount to work and that's the way it's been explained here. :thumbsup2

There were FL Residence ratres out of California last year and I think for some AK sailings out of Vancouver. Maybe one or two early season cruises. It seems illogical, but that is how it was. No CA residence rates of whiuch I am aware. THis is the 1st year DCL is sailing from WA, I supposethey might add in a special for WA residents, but the reservations have to be slow, and so far AK is doing well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter