One party, two resorts

Myothername

DIS Veteran
Just thinking out loud but is it feasible for a party to split and stay at two different resorts?

Here is the group:

Me
DS - 23
DSIL
DB
DNeph - 10
DNeph - 8

We have been on 2 trips together now (not with my DS but he may be going the next trip). We have stayed at Pop and ASMovies. Loved both. Got 2 rooms each time. First trip my mother stayed in my room with me but the last trip DSIL pretty much stayed in my room (connecting rooms) and DBIL was in the other room with the boys.

DSIL keeps saying she wants to stay at a moderate. I really can't afford the moderate and I have stayed at a moderate and to me it is not really worth the extra money. We are never at the resort except to sleep. But she wants to do that so that is fine.

I am wondering how hard is it to coordinate if me and DS stayed at Pop and the rest of the family stayed at POFQ? Is there a value that is closer to POFQ? Has anyone ever done this?

Sounds like an awesome plan! For us, it's not only feasable but necessary. After a couple disasters, we have found it is better for everyone's sanity that we split up at different resorts when we go with extended family. For us, it's much better that we have our own place, not just our own room, to go to. In this day and age with cell phones, it is a breeze to meet up at the parks or for a meal.

Does it have to be Port Orleans? Pop Century and Art of Animation are close to Caribbean Beach.

We did it with a group of 13 at 3 different resorts, we just set a time to meet at the parks each day, now depending on buses we may have been a few minutes off here and there but other then that it worked fine and like pp said it gave everyone a little bit of time to separate.

I often stay at a different resort than my travel companions. For instance, my friend is at BWV and I'll be at SSR. We just plan to meet up at various places. Not hard at all.

Seems like a good idea. When traveling with other families, I think it is nice to have some forced separation. You can also visit each other at each resort too.

My sisters alway stay at the CBR while our family is at the BC/BCV. It works out fine. They either meet us at the parks or they drive over to our resort. Since we almost always start or end the day at a park, it works out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter