One of the sweetest things ever...

Princess Ash

<font color=deeppink>Disney Princess<br><font colo
Read all the way through...

Merry Christmas.

What are we really saying when we say those two words? What are we celebrating?

Jesus's birth.

What happens when you celebrate the day you were born? It's your BIRTHDAY...yes?

Well...I betcha Jesus never had a birthday cake...
Why don't we make cakes on Christmas for Jesus?
Cuz people haven't thought of it....

Until a few years ago...

When I came up with the above-said. I have asked my family for the past 3 or 4 years if we could make a birthday cake for Jesus...the answer? NO. With so much going on...presents and other food-making...who has time? At least, that's thier thought.

This year...way back around Thanksgiving...I asked my grandfather...slightly jokingly...Pa, can we make a birthday cake for Jesus this year? We could write on it "Happy Birthday Jesus!" Wouldn't that be nice?

Now I know what you all are thinking.............
What a joke.
How silly.
But personally, I am a very faithful person, and strongly believe that Jesus is still with us and God smiles down upon us. Ok...I digress....

Anyways,
So my family and I are unloading my relative's cars (food, presents, etc.) and my grandfather brings up a box. And I stay down in our finished basement on the computer (DISing...of course) when they call me up. I come upstairs, and up on the counter is a cake...chocolate...white frosting (MY FAV MIND YOU!) that says "Happy Birthday Jesus." :earseek: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1:
My grandfather...retired baker who was in the business for 25 years...made it.

I almost cried...I gave him a huge :hug: and tons of :love2: and I am so grateful. This just completely made my Christmas...because I know that he was thinking about me...and it was just so thoughtful, kind, sweet...and just one of the nicest, simple things that anyone has done for me. I love him so much.

So the point is...remember your family. Remember who is important. You never know what a simple act of kindness may do. Spread good cheer this holiday season and all year.

So remember...

Merry Christmas.

Ash, that was so sweet it almost made me cry!

That is such a wonderful idea! I am making a cake tomorrow for my family's Christmas dessert, and I'll keep what you said in mind!

Your Grandpa was so sweet to do that for you..he deserves a big hug! :grouphug:

bump

you people who read this and didn't even comment with a smile have no heart... :mad:

Ash, I made a Buche de Noel today, and while I was frosting it, I was thinking of this thread! :)

Daisymae26 said:
Ash, I made a Buche de Noel today, and while I was frosting it, I was thinking of this thread! :)

AWWW, that is soooooooo sweet! I really appreciate that. Please tell me...what is a Buche de Noel?

Princess Ash said:
Read all the way through...

Merry Christmas.

What are we really saying when we say those two words? What are we celebrating?

Jesus's birth.

What happens when you celebrate the day you were born? It's your BIRTHDAY...yes?

Well...I betcha Jesus never had a birthday cake...
Why don't we make cakes on Christmas for Jesus?
Cuz people haven't thought of it....

Until a few years ago...

When I came up with the above-said. I have asked my family for the past 3 or 4 years if we could make a birthday cake for Jesus...the answer? NO. With so much going on...presents and other food-making...who has time? At least, that's thier thought.

This year...way back around Thanksgiving...I asked my grandfather...slightly jokingly...Pa, can we make a birthday cake for Jesus this year? We could write on it "Happy Birthday Jesus!" Wouldn't that be nice?

Now I know what you all are thinking.............
What a joke.
How silly.
But personally, I am a very faithful person, and strongly believe that Jesus is still with us and God smiles down upon us. Ok...I digress....

Anyways,
So my family and I are unloading my relative's cars (food, presents, etc.) and my grandfather brings up a box. And I stay down in our finished basement on the computer (DISing...of course) when they call me up. I come upstairs, and up on the counter is a cake...chocolate...white frosting (MY FAV MIND YOU!) that says "Happy Birthday Jesus." :earseek: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1:
My grandfather...retired baker who was in the business for 25 years...made it.

I almost cried...I gave him a huge :hug: and tons of :love2: and I am so grateful. This just completely made my Christmas...because I know that he was thinking about me...and it was just so thoughtful, kind, sweet...and just one of the nicest, simple things that anyone has done for me. I love him so much.

So the point is...remember your family. Remember who is important. You never know what a simple act of kindness may do. Spread good cheer this holiday season and all year.

So remember...

Merry Christmas.

Awwww. that is so sweet!
I am glad that my family isn't the only family that has a cake for Jesus on Christmas.
You see my grandma goes to Dairy Queen every year to get an ice cream cake that says Happy Birthday Jesus. Each time she goes to Dairy Queen in December they always recognize her. Well this past year she didn't buy one from them cuz they were expensive and she went into Kroger to buy one. (This is the sad part of the story.) When she bought a cake she asked them to put happy birthday Jesus on there for her. The girl working behind the counter was like ok. And she took the cake but then stopped and turned to face my grandmother again. THIS IS WHAT SHE ASKED, "How do you Spell Jesus?" She was totally serious.
It kinda saddens me when people don't know how to spell Jesus when HE Is the reason for the season..
well I'll stop now.
Merry Christmas!
Rachel

A Buche de Noel is French for Christmas Log. It's like a sponge cake jelly roll style with fluffy frosting on the inside. It's frosted on the outside to resemble a log!

Rachel, that's unbelievable that someone didn't know how to spell JEsus! That's so sweet of your grandma! :goodvibes

she does it every year and I haven't gotten tired of it. this year my little 2 year old brother tried to sing happy birthday to Jesus, It was so cute.
Claire, the Christmas log sounds SOOOOOOOOO good. I bet it is. One of these days I will have to try it.

What wonderful traditions you both have!

Yah...4 candles and we sang and everything. It was very ceremonious, but light-hearted :goodvibes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Aww very Sweet Ash! Almost made me cry, :goodvibes . That's a great idea and I'm glad you posted it!

Happy B-day, Jesus! (sorry I'm a little late) ;)
:bday: :cake:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter