• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

one nite stay - HRH or RP?

Staying only one night in August on weekend and cannot make up my mind which hotel to stay in.

Going with my DD(22) and DS(21). In the past, we have stayed twice at HRH and loved it. Was just wondering whether we should try RP?

Anyone got a preference?

just still wondering if anyone has stayed at both and if you have a preference

have a rate of $216 for RP
and rate of $230 for HRH

It is really personal preference. RPR is islands themed and HRH is rock and roll themed. Both are really nice.

I really like the HRH but I really, really like RPR. I prefer the RPR. I love the theme, the pool area and the restaurants. However, in your situation I would probably lean towards the HRH given the age of your children and that it is only one night. Just to show you I am not being much help I would also say it might be a good time to check out the RPR to see if you like it since it is only one night. You obviously can't go wrong either way. I believe the HRH rooms are a little bigger but not enough to matter to my family.

thanks for the response.. I am leaning towards RP but just have one last question...Is it a much further walk to parks then from HRH?

From RP to IOA is a little shorter than from HRH. From RP to US is a little longer than from the HRH. It's an easy walk to either. I really like the service at the RP and the grounds are beautiful. Have fun.

perfect. Thanks for the info.. Okay RP it is!

So excited. Wish it was for 5 days and not one but with room rates so high it is the best I can do. Oh well hopefully next time will be relaxing visit.

Just my 2 cents but I live in Florida and we go a couple times a year and have stayed at both. I will ONLY stay at RP if HR is sold out. I admit it has been about 5 years since we have stayed at RP but I wouldn't take a chance again unless I have too.

I have been considering the exact same question as original poster - but actually, I am only staying one night to get the hotel guest benefits, so as I am going to spend most of the two days in park - and probably end up having dinner in City Walk - I will see so little of the hotel, that perhaps its best getting whichever of the three is cheapest.

After busy park days, and probably being very tired, not sure hat I will get to see much of the hotel with just a 1 night stay - and I believe you are allowed to pol hop, so I could try out the pools at the other two hotels while I am there anyway.

I am going with RPR. It is only one night so will not be able to use hardly any of the amenities cuz we will be in parks for both days.

Had I been staying 3-4 days I would of chosen HRH

I would suggest you consider using the hotel more than you anticipate. August can be brutal heat wise, and using the resort pool in the afternoon is both refreshing and relaxing. The last two times we have been to Universal we only stayed onsite 1 night but was able to see all of the parks plenty, but still spent the afternoon at the HRH. With the special ride access you can do quite a bit in a short amount of time, and after the pool and dinner you can go back in the evenings when its cooler.

Kadeuu

You are probably correct but we don't land in Orlando until 9:30 am on a Sunday so by the time we get to RP it will be noon. I can't imagine not going to the parks for a bit once we arrive. It is the middle of the day and the worst time for crowds...but we must go:rotfl::rotfl:

We probably won't be back until 5pm which will be time to shower and head out to city walk. I am not sure how I will fit it in. The next day we will be out bright and early but we have to check out. Here is where I could use some pool time at noon.

Can I change at the hotel? Is there a place for guests who have checked out that will still use the pool?

We head over that day/evening to SOG and won't be doing wdw until the following day

Suggestions?

Yes, there is not much time if you are not getting in the first day until noon. As far as the second day we have always gone to the park then came back and checked out (sometimes they will allow you a late checkout) and then headed for the pool. The HRH has a very nice fitness center which can be used for showering and changing. Not sure what RPR has. Your bags will be at the bell desk so iff you do this be sure to pack a separate bag to take to the pool with clothes to change into.

Good Luck with your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter