• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One night stay- end of trip

lpol

Earning My Ears
Hi - we are staying off-site this trip (first time in 12 years) at Bonnet Creek at the end of April (family of 5, with a young toddler). The planning all just came together in the last week or so. I got WBC through SkyAuction but had to check in on a Friday, and obviously only have 7 nights. We are flying out late Saturday, so I just need one more night.

We will spend Friday in the parks. And Saturday pool time, maybe a meal at a resort, maybe Disney Springs. I am debating between one night in the park, but would like to keep that to under $200. There isn't any availability at any of the values. I think I could get Caribbean Beach for around that, but not sure if its worth it.

The alternative is using Marriott rewards points (so free stay) and staying at one of those resorts for the night (I see we can get a room at Marriott Grande Vista).

Does anyone have any opinion on staying on v off for just that one night? I love the Disney bubble. But with the late planning and spending 2 days at Universal this trip, this just works out better.

We are in a similar situation and are considering splurging on staying that the Dolphin one night and just relaxing at the pool and walking over to Boardwalk in the evening. We just love the Boardwalk area. I know it will be a hassle loading everything up and driving over, but to end the trip enjoying the area that we truly love might just be worth it. I'm interested to hear other's comments on this.

Staying at the Boardwalk is a great idea because of all of the ameninites there. I was thinking staying at AoA or Pop would be fun because we have never stayed there before- and just for one night, it would be great to hang out and enjoy it for a some time. Unfortunately, there is there is nothing at POP and only a suite at AoA- I just can't justify it for one night added on to the end of the trip. I will keep watching- maybe something will pop up at Pop.

Love getting rentals through Skyauction!!! As far as your predicament, I'd go for the free night at Marriott. :)

@lpol, don't forget you can use Disney's Magical Express to get to the airport if you stay at a Disney Resort. I would definitely keep checking for something at Pop or elsewhere onsite.

If you have a car I would suggest using you free Marriott points to stay at one of the flamingo crossing resorts. Both are newer resort about a year and a half old. They share a very nice pool area. If you take the back way via Western Way it's a super short drive from Bonnet Creek with no traffic as most people do not use this road. The rooms are larger and they offer a free breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter