One night hotel

Stacied68

Mouseketeer
We are coming down to Orlando one day early. We are looking for a hotel to stay in for one night before our on-site reservations begin. Any recommendations on an inexpensive (but decent) hotel in the Disney area.

Clarion Lake Buena Vista is $50 a night (that's the price WITH tax). Gets good reviews on here and Trip Advisor. HTH

This will probably be moved to the resorts forum since it has nothing to do with Theme Parks, so you may want to bookmark it so that you can find it quicker next time. ;)

To answer your question, Buena Vista Suites is a decent option. ;)

What time are you arriving and will it be flying into MCO?

If you are arriving late into MCO and won't be going into the parks on your arrival day, a lot of people seem to stay at the Hyatt at MCO, relax, get a good sleep, then the next morning they take ME to their onsite resort. You just have to register ME with that day's times, not your arrival day.

Although sweetcreams' suggestion of a value 1 night stay works as well too, then you'll be at Disney on your arrival day, and you'll just move the next day. I actually like this idea better than the Hyatt at MCO.

I am happy you asked this question because I have the same question!! We are driving down the last few days of July. Our Disney vacation starts on 8/1 and we are at ASMo for 11 nights. I wanted to surprise my mom and son by getting down a day earlier and staying all night somewhere so we aren't so tired our first park day. We were looking to stay in the Downtown Disney area on the last day of July. We will then go to ASMo the next day and grab our information, stow our luggage and head to MK to get our APs!!!

Any information is helpful!! :wave2:

We drive and sometimes arrive earlier than our check in day(depending what time of day we leave VA). We use the hotels.com app on our phone or we have found the phone number on hotel.com app and called hotel directly to get best rate. We have stayed at the DTD Hilton for $99. We have never had any issues with getting a nice room at the last minute. We just do not like the stress of 'having' to get to a hotel the 1st day of our drive.

Barb

Thanks for asking this question OP. DS and I are staying at WBC next weekend but I've decided to drive up to Orlando on Friday afternoon instead of Saturday morning. I have a request into VS to add a day onto my ressie, but I'm not holding my breath that they'll be able to do it for me. So I'll probably be looking for an inexpensive, but clean hotel for Friday night.

I wanted to relate a quick (positive) story about the above!! I made a reservation through Dreams Unlimited Travel (using the link above). There was a "glitch" with the reservation, that had nothing to do with them. It was something with the hotel. As soon as I found the issue, I emailed Dreams Unlimited and the problem was IMMEDIATELY (like in less than 12 hours) addressed and resolved!! Now THAT is customer service!! Kudos to Dreams Unlimed Team for being so responsive!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter