• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"One More Waffle!" An October 2011 TR! *Update 4/24, pg 70-The End!*

I'm so happy that your doing a mini trip for Christmas. I can't wait till next Christmas when we'll be going. I agree with you about the parade I don't think it's fair that just because your an adult means that you don't want a good seat too especially when you paid your dues by sitting there for an hour or more. I hate rude people.

I loved your pics. What kind of camera do you have? The night pics came out really good.

Okay, I'm back!

I'm behind, but I do agree with everyone else that just letting the situation with the obnoxious family go was probably the best idea too. Better to just keep your time happy! Don't let other people ruin that, right?

Yay on your upcoming trip! It's so close. I love it when trips are that close. Makes your hoping for them to come go by faster. ;)

Hmmmmm.....Have you done the Christmas party yet? If so, I would probably skip it, but that's just me. If you haven't, then I would do it. Remember, it could be a sold out event. I went on a sold out event. Notice I am not going back this December. But, again, that's just me. Once was enough. The Halloween party, on the other hand, is one I like to repeat.

I really hope you have a wonderful time and don't feel let down because its a short trip. I stopped doing 4 nights for that reason. Just too short, but hey - short is better than no Disney trip. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you are going into Pop Century with an open mind. Denny and I stayed there on our cheap-o anniversary trip several years ago and we were perfectly content. I hope you do decorate your window. Come to think of it - maybe I should decorate mine at OKW. Hmmmmmm!

I'm still bummed we are just missing each other my a couple days.

Jen, plans sound great for your mini-trip for the holiday. We love Rose & Crown; we didn't do Captain's Grille (we ended up cancelling it), but I read really good reviews on it.

ya for the PTR!!!!

I can't say anything bad about MVMCP :( I just went on Wednesday and paid $40 (CM discount) and we will be going again on the 16 or 18 of Dec and paying in full..no discounts that late in the game! I asked my parents if they really wanted to spend the money since they've seen it the past 3 years and they said yes even if it's full price lol. I guess I'm not very good on the making decisions aspect!!

Great ADRS! We will also be doing Rose and Crown for CLP!!

Yay at staying at Pop Century!! :thumbsup2 I hope you stick with the decision as I think you would enjoy the resort - also you will finally be able to get your hands on the tie dye cheesecake! :laughing:

The only place of the three we have eaten at is Captain's Grill. It was okay and I have to agree in it being very conveniently located for a visit to Epcot/DHS.

Your December plans sound like they're coming along great! :-)laughing: I totally get the "these things may change...")

I've never been to the MVMCP, but I agree, I just can't see paying all of the money for a parade and fireworks. I've heard that it's fun, but I just can't see us ever doing it. :confused3

Ooo, Wilderness Lodge looks gorgeous! I love all the pictures you have in the bright sunlight.

With all the talk about the Disney popcorn and the popcorn buckets, I am so so so wanting to get one during my next trip!!!

Yum, I'd love to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern! That dessert looks really interesting with the Craisins! I think my mom would love it.

UGH, that family being so rude to you during the parade really annoyed me. I mean, if they were THAT concerned that you guys wouldn't sit down, why didn't they find a different spot? Why did they have to stick around? They just wanted to dwell on it and stir up negative feelings in everyone else by talking about it. I understand why the thought of just standing the whole time crossed your mind; I totally would have thought of doing that too! Especially with that mom saying she'd get the kids in the front either way! These are the adults raising the kids that end up turning out just as bad as they are.

Haha, of COURSE you get Big Baby! But that's funny to get the one you want the least (like what happened during my Feb trip with Danielle's Vinylmation) because I feel like there's no possible way NOT to laugh out loud! Plus, it lets you have the fun of trading.

Yay for a Christmas trip! I'm thinking that since you just did the MNSSHP, and you've been to MVMCP before, spending the money on another party might not be worth it. But of course, it's your money and your trip- so do what will make you happy!!

I know how you like to change things around, but I think what all you have planned so far for your december trip sounds great!!!

I've never been to MVMCP, so I have no insight on if you should or shouldn't go, but if you don't see spending the extra $ and don't want to have to budget and pack in too much, then skip it. Have you done it before? I can not remember, but I thought you said you've been before?

DH and I are thinking about going the first weekend in December :: I told him I will get excited once he starts booking our flights and such. on his recent travels for work he racked up some vouchers that we will use towards our flights so that is a money saver for us as well :)

How exciting you are going back for Christmas, Disney at Christmas time is so amazing!! Those pictures make me want to go back during that time again!!

I hope you guys like POP! and you should decorate your window too its fun :thumbsup2

I remember you saying you love the holiday version of wishes, so thats a tough call on MVMCP :confused3

:thumbsup2 Love your mini-PTR! I just LOVE the parks at Christmas! I am sad to miss it this year but so looking forward to our trip next November to see them again. Plus I just read that they even decorate the cruise ships for the holidays...so that's going to be even more fun for us as we sail off on the Dream!

Can't wait to hear more!

I think you guys should do the Christmas party, but that's just me. Personally, I think you'd feel let down about not going, since I know how much you love MVMCP. Also, yay for staying at Pop!

Sorry I haven't been commenting much, I'm just so drained when I get home from work that all I do is read and not really reply to anything that requires anything more than a smiley :lmao:

I probably would feel let down not doing MVMCP, but then again, we're already doing the CP, and I'm going to buy the TiW card when I'm there, so this little budget trip is quickly getting a bit more expensive than I originally wanted!

However, I love MVMCP. I don't know!!!

Don't worry about not commenting, I feel the same way, I'm so exhausted when I get home, I just want to sleep! But I can't let myself, because if I do, all I'll be doing is going to work, so I force myself to do other things when I get home, even though it's hard! :rotfl:

Well we're both staying in the same resort and if you do MVMCP on the 11th we'll have that in common too! If nothing else we should try to do a meet at Pop one day, probably after park closing since we both only have three days! :lmao: Our room will be decorated to the 9s! We have lights, Santa Mickey and a tree. All for only three days!

Yay, I didn't know you were staying at Pop too! I'm still not sure about MVMCP...I probably won't decide until next week sometime. I have Mickey lights I want to bring for my window, but I want to do something else...I'm looking for Christmas Disney Window clings, but I can't find any yet! Ugh!

We can try to meet up at Pop (if I don't end up changing resorts of course! :rotfl:) but I don't want to commit to anything just yet! I would feel bad if we set something up and then was too tired to show up or something! :rotfl:

I was just reading through your last TR update and noticed the new ticker! How exciting! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

I love your Hallowishes pictures! You got some really great shots. I always have such a hard time with fireworks pictures! The one of the HM is amazing, too! I bet it is so much fun to do it during the party!

How sweet of Brandon to get you a surprise! And boo to getting the Big Baby vinalmation! I can't wait to see what you traded it for! :goodvibes

I can't believe I'm going to Disney again in less than a month! It still doesn't feel real yet! :eek:

Thanks! I never get good fireworks shots, I'm glad I got this new camera, I really love it!

I love the pin Brandon got me, that was so nice! :lovestruc Ugh, Big Baby...I'm starting to feel a little bad for him now, since it seems like everyone has the same reaction to his Vinylmation! :rotfl:

:banana: for staying at Pop! If you're trying to keep the trip budget friendly, this is obviously an awesome choice!

I used to have no interest in the CP...but as of recently, I really want to do it! Rose and Crown is yummy, good choice! :thumbsup2 I've always wanted to eat at Coral Reef too...but I've just read too many bad reviews...maybe one day lol

I'm so excited for you!

I'm so excited to stay at Pop! I kind of want to upgrade to a mod, but at the same time, I don't really see the point for 3 days! :rotfl: Have you stayed at Pop? Do you like it?

I think the CP is going to be so amazing! I know I'm going to cry, I love Christmas, and choirs, and stories about Christmas...I'm going to be a mess! :laughing:

I can't wait to eat a Rose and Crown again, we ate there 2 years ago and loved it!

Yay for a mini PTR!

I think you will really like staying at POP during Christmastime. We enjoyed it last year. Everyone really seems to get into the spirit! :goodvibes

Although...I'm sure everyone gets into the spirt at WL too...:rolleyes1

I love Tony's Town Square! :lovestruc I know it doesn't get the best reviews, but the inside is just so adorable. I really like their food, too. Plus, Lady and the Tramp? Best theming ever.

I think you should go for it and do MVMCP! This is a short trip so why not splurge? ;)

Yay! I think Pop will be fun, I'm so excited to decorate a window! :cool1: I've been looking at the window decorating threads and I'm getting really good ideas, but I'm just not crafty, so I'm not sure how to pull them off! :rotfl: I'll probably just end up using lights and window clings! :rotfl:

I like Tony's too, I don't know why people give it bad reviews, it's not the best, but it's pretty good! I loved my chicken parm that I had there! And Lady and the Tramp are so cute! :love:

LOL, you think too much like me! Why not splurge, it's a short trip! :rotfl: That's how I've been justifying everything so far! I will probably make a decision about MVMCP next week sometime...I need to consider a few things first! I really want to go, though!

Amusingly enough, last Friday, Alex and I went to Michael's and bought a shot glass display case. The cubbies are the perfect size for the Vinylmations and they actually look pretty nice. The cases are a little expensive, but if you wait for them to go on sale and use a coupon they are a nice deal. (Ours was priced at 60 and we got it for 26.) And most hold 24 Vinylmations, so it makes sure you don't buy too many Vinylmations. :rotfl:

Thanks, that's a good idea! I'll have to go there and check those out, I need to go to Michael's soon anyway! :thumbsup2

After our last trip I agree that it is hard when you only have a couple days. But, we had one less day and were able to do everything as far as rides go. I know Christmas is a little different because of all the holiday decorations and such going on. If it were me I would cancel an ADR and do MVMCP instead.

I'm actually ok with going for 3 days because this trip isn't really so much about rides as it is Christmas stuff! I need to see the castle, and the Osborne Lights and the CP...everything else is just icing on the cake! :thumbsup2

That's a good idea about canceling an ADR...maybe if we do end up doing MVMCP, we will cancel Captain's Grille!

OK... I was a lackluster PTR follower but am committed to doing better with the trip report. So sorry you weren't feeling well at the beginning of your trip. There's nothing worse than being in the place you've dreamed of for months and then not feeling up to it. :hug:

The parade scenario would have made me mad and not sure I would have handled as well as you did.

Hurrah for a December trip. You are going to love WDW at Christmas! :santa:

Thanks, it was pretty terrible the first night, feeling so awful! I'm just glad I recovered for the next day, or I probably would have packed up and went home!

Ugh, those parade people were the worst! I'm glad I was able to enjoy the parade and then get away from them when it was over! :laughing:

I can't wait to see WDW in December! We have done November before, so I've seen most of the Christmas stuff, but I think December will be even more special, going 2 weeks before Christmas! :thumbsup2

I'm so happy that your doing a mini trip for Christmas. I can't wait till next Christmas when we'll be going. I agree with you about the parade I don't think it's fair that just because your an adult means that you don't want a good seat too especially when you paid your dues by sitting there for an hour or more. I hate rude people.

I loved your pics. What kind of camera do you have? The night pics came out really good.

Thanks! I think the holidays are such a magical time to go to Disney!

LOL, I hate rude people too! There's just no good way to deal with them! :rotfl:

Thanks! I have a Panasonic Lumix zs-8. I just got it a few months ago, and I love it! :cool1:

Okay, I'm back!

I'm behind, but I do agree with everyone else that just letting the situation with the obnoxious family go was probably the best idea too. Better to just keep your time happy! Don't let other people ruin that, right?

Yay on your upcoming trip! It's so close. I love it when trips are that close. Makes your hoping for them to come go by faster. ;)

Yay welcome back!

I agree, I could have said something not so nice to that woman, but what would have been the point? I just want to be happy in Disney World, so it's not even worth it!

I can't believe I'm going again so soon! When I get home from this trip, there is going to be some serious Disney depression going on! :eek:

Hmmmmm.....Have you done the Christmas party yet? If so, I would probably skip it, but that's just me. If you haven't, then I would do it. Remember, it could be a sold out event. I went on a sold out event. Notice I am not going back this December. But, again, that's just me. Once was enough. The Halloween party, on the other hand, is one I like to repeat.

I really hope you have a wonderful time and don't feel let down because its a short trip. I stopped doing 4 nights for that reason. Just too short, but hey - short is better than no Disney trip. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you are going into Pop Century with an open mind. Denny and I stayed there on our cheap-o anniversary trip several years ago and we were perfectly content. I hope you do decorate your window. Come to think of it - maybe I should decorate mine at OKW. Hmmmmmm!

I'm still bummed we are just missing each other my a couple days.

I've done MVMCP twice before, and I LOVE it! It's one of my favorite Disney things! However, we have always gone mid-November, so I'm sure that's a lot different than a party in December. Not sure if I want to deal with those crowds. And if it's sold out, forget it! :rotfl:

I'm ok with it being a short trip! If I wasn't just there it would be hard, but we're only going for the Christmas stuff, so it's going to be fun! I'd love a longer trip, but there's always next year for Christmas!

I can't wait to decorate my window!! You should definitely decorate one at OKW! :cool1:

I know, I can't believe I'm leaving when you will be getting there soon after. Figures! :laughing:

Jen, plans sound great for your mini-trip for the holiday. We love Rose & Crown; we didn't do Captain's Grille (we ended up cancelling it), but I read really good reviews on it.

Thanks! I like Captain's Grille, so I'm excited to eat there again! I would prefer Cape May, but I'll take what I can get! :thumbsup2

ya for the PTR!!!!

I can't say anything bad about MVMCP :( I just went on Wednesday and paid $40 (CM discount) and we will be going again on the 16 or 18 of Dec and paying in full..no discounts that late in the game! I asked my parents if they really wanted to spend the money since they've seen it the past 3 years and they said yes even if it's full price lol. I guess I'm not very good on the making decisions aspect!!

Great ADRS! We will also be doing Rose and Crown for CLP!!

I love MVMCP, I don't mind paying full price if we go, I'm just not sure I want to when it's supposed to be a cheap trip! :laughing: We'll see, I have a little while before I need to decide!

I can't wait to eat at Rose and Crown again, I think it's a good choice for the CP, it seems very Christmasy inside! :laughing:

Yay at staying at Pop Century!! :thumbsup2 I hope you stick with the decision as I think you would enjoy the resort - also you will finally be able to get your hands on the tie dye cheesecake! :laughing:

The only place of the three we have eaten at is Captain's Grill. It was okay and I have to agree in it being very conveniently located for a visit to Epcot/DHS.

LOL, I would really love to finally try that cheesecake! I think we will stick with Pop, but if a room opens up at POFQ, it's going to be hard not to switch! :laughing:

I really liked Captain's Grille when we ate there, it's simple, and the location is great!

Your December plans sound like they're coming along great! :-)laughing: I totally get the "these things may change...")

I've never been to the MVMCP, but I agree, I just can't see paying all of the money for a parade and fireworks. I've heard that it's fun, but I just can't see us ever doing it. :confused3

Thanks! LOL, we're so alike when it comes to changing things for a trip! I don't know how people can plan trips and not change things, it's so strange to me! :rotfl:

MVMCP is a lot of fun, but it's pretty expensive...not sure I want to spend the extra $$, but then again...it would be amazing to go so close to Christmas! It's a tough decision!

Ooo, Wilderness Lodge looks gorgeous! I love all the pictures you have in the bright sunlight.

With all the talk about the Disney popcorn and the popcorn buckets, I am so so so wanting to get one during my next trip!!!

Yum, I'd love to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern! That dessert looks really interesting with the Craisins! I think my mom would love it.

UGH, that family being so rude to you during the parade really annoyed me. I mean, if they were THAT concerned that you guys wouldn't sit down, why didn't they find a different spot? Why did they have to stick around? They just wanted to dwell on it and stir up negative feelings in everyone else by talking about it. I understand why the thought of just standing the whole time crossed your mind; I totally would have thought of doing that too! Especially with that mom saying she'd get the kids in the front either way! These are the adults raising the kids that end up turning out just as bad as they are.

Haha, of COURSE you get Big Baby! But that's funny to get the one you want the least (like what happened during my Feb trip with Danielle's Vinylmation) because I feel like there's no possible way NOT to laugh out loud! Plus, it lets you have the fun of trading.

Thanks! I love my Wilderness Lodge! And Disney popcorn! popcorn::

LOL, the parade situation annoyed me too, but what can you do? There's obnoxious, entitled people everywhere you go, and it's just getting worse and worse! :confused3 I wish they moved and kept their comments to themselves, but whatever!

I knew I was going to get Big Baby just because I didn't want him! But it gave me something to trade so it worked out! :thumbsup2

Yay for a Christmas trip! I'm thinking that since you just did the MNSSHP, and you've been to MVMCP before, spending the money on another party might not be worth it. But of course, it's your money and your trip- so do what will make you happy!!

I'm just not sure what to do about MVMCP! I want to go, but I don't...who knew this decision would be so stressful? :eek: I guess I'll think about it and decide in a few days. And of course Brandon is no help at all. He couldn't care less what we do! :laughing:

I know how you like to change things around, but I think what all you have planned so far for your december trip sounds great!!!

I've never been to MVMCP, so I have no insight on if you should or shouldn't go, but if you don't see spending the extra $ and don't want to have to budget and pack in too much, then skip it. Have you done it before? I can not remember, but I thought you said you've been before?

DH and I are thinking about going the first weekend in December :: I told him I will get excited once he starts booking our flights and such. on his recent travels for work he racked up some vouchers that we will use towards our flights so that is a money saver for us as well :)

Thanks! I do love to change things for my trips! That's half the fun of planning a Disney trip! :rotfl:

I have done MVMCP before, and I LOVE it, so I know it would be worth it, but I just don't know if I want to bother, since it's such a short trip!

You should definitely go in December! And if you can save money on flights, all the more reason to go! :thumbsup2

How exciting you are going back for Christmas, Disney at Christmas time is so amazing!! Those pictures make me want to go back during that time again!!

I hope you guys like POP! and you should decorate your window too its fun :thumbsup2

I remember you saying you love the holiday version of wishes, so thats a tough call on MVMCP :confused3

I can't wait to go and see the Christmas stuff! I am really, really looking forward to the Osborne Lights! :cool1:

I'm really looking forward to Pop, I can't wait to decorate a window!

I really love Holiday Wishes, it's my favorite fireworks show! So that's why it's such a tough decision! :confused3

:thumbsup2 Love your mini-PTR! I just LOVE the parks at Christmas! I am sad to miss it this year but so looking forward to our trip next November to see them again. Plus I just read that they even decorate the cruise ships for the holidays...so that's going to be even more fun for us as we sail off on the Dream!

Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks! Christmastime at Disney is the best, isn't it? You're going next November? That will be fun, I love going in November! :thumbsup2 And a cruise will be awesome too! :woohoo:

Just reading through now...great TR!

Joyce and I'll be at our first Food & Wine as well as MNSSHP next fall. I'm sure Joyce knows more about both of them, but I'm kind of clueless, so it's great to read along :goodvibes. I actually just told her that we should book dinner at LTT for MNSSHP...haha!

RE: that lady in Mexico. Honestly. Did she really think the World Showcase is supposed to be the same thing as just going to other countries? All her friends at home must think she's such a jet-setter. Lunch in Mexico, Dinner in France, Drinks at a quaint pub in the UK...Phew, that's a full day!

I'm a guy that loves the People Mover...I think mostly because it also brings you in Space Mountain, which has been my favorite ride since I can remember having a favorite ride...

As for the Rudey Bunch, I'd have told the parents (in front of the kids) that they were setting a bad example. Although, the kids could have probably seen over Joyce and I anyway...:lmao:

It's awesome that you've got a quick, unexpected trip coming up so soon...can't wait to read more!

Sounds like you've got the makings of an awesome December trip. Those APs make it so tempting to just hop down to Florida, don't they? All those SW credits really helped, I'm sure.

As for the Christmas party/resort choices, you could always give yourself the choice of doing one or the other: either buy tickets to the Christmas party or upgrade you resort, that way you're keeping the budget aspect of this trip fairly intact.

Although, if you're anything like me you'll upgrade the resort AND buy party tickets. :lmao: When I originally started planning next October's trip, I was looking at a value studio at AKV, now I have this little voice in my head whispering "Savannah View" isn't that much more! Oy.

Hey Jen! I'm still here but they upgraded our firewall on the work computer so The DIS barely works anymore from here. I promise to get all caught up from home ASAP

Just reading through now...great TR!

Joyce and I'll be at our first Food & Wine as well as MNSSHP next fall. I'm sure Joyce knows more about both of them, but I'm kind of clueless, so it's great to read along :goodvibes. I actually just told her that we should book dinner at LTT for MNSSHP...haha!

RE: that lady in Mexico. Honestly. Did she really think the World Showcase is supposed to be the same thing as just going to other countries? All her friends at home must think she's such a jet-setter. Lunch in Mexico, Dinner in France, Drinks at a quaint pub in the UK...Phew, that's a full day!

I'm a guy that loves the People Mover...I think mostly because it also brings you in Space Mountain, which has been my favorite ride since I can remember having a favorite ride...

As for the Rudey Bunch, I'd have told the parents (in front of the kids) that they were setting a bad example. Although, the kids could have probably seen over Joyce and I anyway...:lmao:

It's awesome that you've got a quick, unexpected trip coming up so soon...can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading! I've actually been reading your parkless TR, but haven't commented...I don't know why I do that sometimes, it's awkward, I know. :laughing:

You and Joyce are going to LOVE the Food and Wine festival! Next time I go, I'm going to have to go in November, because I can't handle drinking in HOT weather like we had for this trip and I feel like I missed out on a lot of drinking around the world. Which is the whole reason for going to F&W!

And LTT is a great idea for MNSSHP!

LOL, those women in Mexico were crazy...I honestly wouldn't have cared what they were talking about if they would have been a little quieter! They were SO loud! :eek:

You know, I thought about saying something like that to the mom of those obnoxious children, but I figured anything that I said would have been taken the wrong way and it would have caused a scene. Not worth it. I wanted to, though. It took a LOT to keep quiet! :rotfl:

Thanks, I cannot wait until this December trip! I know it's really quick but I need some Disney magic in my life right now, even if it is only for 3 days! :wizard:

Sounds like you've got the makings of an awesome December trip. Those APs make it so tempting to just hop down to Florida, don't they? All those SW credits really helped, I'm sure.

As for the Christmas party/resort choices, you could always give yourself the choice of doing one or the other: either buy tickets to the Christmas party or upgrade you resort, that way you're keeping the budget aspect of this trip fairly intact.

Although, if you're anything like me you'll upgrade the resort AND buy party tickets. :lmao: When I originally started planning next October's trip, I was looking at a value studio at AKV, now I have this little voice in my head whispering "Savannah View" isn't that much more! Oy.

Thanks! OMG, those AP's are causing such a problem in my life! I keep thinking of ways that I can run off to Disney for a few days! :laughing:

LOL, well, if I was being really budget friendly, I wouldn't upgrade or do MVMCP...I think right now though, MVMCP is winning, however, that's just because I keep checking for rooms at POFQ and it's still booked. One opened a couple days ago, but it was for a King Size bed, and I just want a standard room!

Isn't it SO tempting to upgrade? :laughing: I would be doing the same thing if I was staying at AKV, the savannah is so beautiful!

Hey Jen! I'm still here but they upgraded our firewall on the work computer so The DIS barely works anymore from here. I promise to get all caught up from home ASAP

Ugh, that's too bad you can't DIS at work anymore! :eek: :rotfl:

Sunshine and Palm Trees!

Saturday, 10/1

I woke up early on Saturday, ready to see what they day had in store for us. The night before, I decided to change our plans a little (with Brandon's approval, of course!) Originally, we were going to go to Epcot in the morning, and hop over to DHS if we had time, but since DHS had magic hours that morning, I decided to switch the order of the parks and go to DHS first and then hop to Epcot. Decided to do things a little bit pirate:, as my friend TarzansKat would say!

Before Brandon woke up, I went outside on the balcony for a few minutes, to take in the view.

P1000340.jpg

It became a little morning ritual for me each day, to just hang out on the balcony before Brandon woke up, and look out over the quiet Wilderness Lodge and beautiful Bay Lake before the rest of Disney World woke up. I really loved doing that, it was a nice way to start the day!

I had to get Brandon up though, if we wanted to get to DHS by 8:00, so I began the waking up process. When he doesn't want to get out of bed, it can be a battle, and it was a little bit of a battle that morning! Finally he got out of bed and got ready, and soon we were off to Hollywood Studios!

We arrived at DHS a little after 8, and began to walk (with purpose, of course :laughing:) towards Toy Story Mania. I had no idea if there would be a mob of people there still getting FP's, I was hoping since it was already after 8, the people that were there for rope drop already got them. I was also hoping that since there was a race going on at Animal Kingdom and it was the 40th anniversary at MK, DHS would be dead. I was right about both things, the park was pretty much empty, and there was no one at the TSM FP machines! Still, enough people must have gotten them that morning, because our return time was for 12:15! Good enough, though!

P1000342.jpg

I was hoping to maybe wait in the stand-by line and take a quick spin on TSM, but the wait was 45 minutes

P1000343.jpg

and although I would have waited, Brandon said no way!

If we couldn't go on TSM, I suggested the new Star Tours. We were both really excited to try the new version of this ride, so we went off in that direction!

Before each trip, I tell myself that I'm going to slow down and appreciate the details and the little things that make a Disney trip so special. I actually had one of these moments, walking to Star Tours. I was looking up at the palm trees and noticed how beautiful the sun looked coming through the trees and I just felt so happy at that moment. Happy to be in the warm Florida sun, in Disney World, on a quiet morning in Hollywood Studios.

P1000345.jpg

Sunshine and Palm Trees!

We made it to Star Tours and got in line. There was no one around, so we took our time walking through the little Ewok Village. I love that area, right before you go inside Star Tours, I would seriously not be surprised to see an Ewok peeking out from behind a tree. Or maybe I'm just a huge Star Wars dork. :darth:

P1000348.jpg

There was no wait at all, so we got right on and were in the front row with only a couple other people! We both loved the new, updated version. I wish I could remember which one we saw, I know Princess Leia was involved, but that's all I remember! And I think I take such good TR notes! :eek:

We walked outside, and Brandon asked if we could finally have breakfast. I might have made us skip breakfast in order to get to DHS early, and now we were both getting kind of hungry. Hmmm, where to eat breakfast in DHS...

"OMG, Writer's Stop, let's go there!"

As soon as I saw Writer's Stop, I grabbed Brandon and pulled him in that direction. Needless to say, after reading about the Writer's Stop in so many TR's, I had to try it on this trip, so I was pretty excited!

I already knew I wanted the famous carrot cake cookie, so I told Brandon and then went to grab one of the three tables they have in there. In a few minutes he came back with our breakfast, a huge oatmeal raisin cookie for him and THIS for me:

P1000349.jpg

Yum.

That carrot cake cookie is so hyped on the DIS, and it definitely lived up to my high DISboard expectations, it was amazing! And it was so filling, I only ate about half of it and then gave it to Brandon, who was more than happy to finish it! So happy we tried the Writer's Stop, finally, it's already one of our favorite places now!

I was happy that we were finished eating, because I felt I have been in DHS long enough, and it was time for my favorite ride. That's right. Tower of Terror.

P1000351.jpg

You all know how much I love my Tower of Terror, right, I don't think I need to explain it again for everyone!

P1000352.jpg

It was only a 10 minute wait and it was amazing, as always!

I wanted to do Rock N Roller coaster but it was a 30 minute wait, and Brandon was not really thrilled about waiting. I know it seems like he doesn't like to wait for rides, but you have to understand, his first trip was in late September, 2008, where we pretty much walked on to everything. When the parks are not like that, he's actually surprised that you have to wait for things!

I pointed out that it was still pretty early and it's not like we had anywhere to be, and besides, it probably won't really be 30 minutes...so he agreed. And I was wrong, it was exactly 30 minutes. :confused3 And as much as I love that ride, if I don't position myself perfectly, my head hits the sides of the seat and gives me a headache, which is exactly what happened. Ugh. Should have just listened to Brandon and skipped it!

We walked back towards the hat and noticed there were tons of characters out, and poor Goofy and Pluto had like, one family waiting for them, while the rest of the characters had huge lines. We always feel so bad for the characters who don't have people waiting to see them, so we got in line to meet them.

Photo0024FourBySix.jpg

We said goodbye to the dogs and went over the Animation building. I kept telling Brandon I wanted to do the drawing class and he had no idea what I was talking about. So we went in to see where the class was, since I had no idea, and one was going to be starting in about 20 minutes, so we just sat down and waited. I actually got kind of nervous waiting for the class, because I can't draw to save my life, and I thought I might not be able to do it!

The class was awesome, our instructor was so good, she wanted us to draw a classic Disney character since it was the 40th anniversary of MK that day, and picked Jiminy Cricket! She also knew a lot of random facts about Disney, which was fun to hear. That must be such a fun job, just draw and talk to people about Disney all day. My dream. :lovestruc

Although I was nervous about drawing, I think my picture came out ok:

P1000358.jpg

I kind of want to frame it!

Once the class was over, we had a little time to kill, before our TMS FP's were good, so we just wandered. We went over to the Streets of America, and I was sad to see the Osborne Lights were already up. They are really depressing when they are not lit up. I mentioned to Brandon something about taking a quick weekend trip in December and he just laughed...now look where we will be in a little over 3 weeks!

"AHHH, look, the Singing in the Rain Umbrella!!!" Once again, just like Writer's Stop, I freaked out a little and ran over to the umbrella! In all my years of going to Disney, this was the first time seeing this umbrella!

P1000361.jpg

Haha, dork!

Brandon, of course, had no idea what the big deal was with this umbrella, so I told him if you stand in the right place, it would rain...so he jumped up and down on that box on the ground and no rain! It must be off, because of the lights or something!

Finally it was time to go over to TSM and use our FP's! We got in line and there was almost no one in the FP line, so it only took a few minutes to get on!

P1000367.jpg

Once again, I beat Brandon (my score is in blue!) and just like last year, he wasn't happy and made excuses...he just can't stand that I'm finally better at a game than he is! :rotfl:

We had a great morning at DHS, but we both agreed, it was time for Epcot!

Up next...Epcot, of course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter