One more TS to pick...Help!

jennyleettu

Wishing I was back at WDW!
First thank you to everyone here!! You guys have been beyond helpful in planning our first Disney trip and I feel like I am so much better prepared than I would be with out the help!!!

Now for my plea for help...LOL!!

We have one more table service to plan and I have no idea what to pick. It is just the three of us, DH(34, and by far the most picky of the eaters), myself (30, pretty much each anything) and DD (2 most like her mommy).

We have planned:
Chef Mickey's- breakfast
Tuskers House- breakfast
Princess Storybook- breakfast
Coral Reef-dinner

we would prefer something for dinner or lunch but other than that we are pretty much open.

TIA

Could you give us more info? Are you going anywhere in particular, which park? Which resort?

UM, when I think about the ones that my kids (DDs 5 & almost 2 then) enjoyed the most it definitely includes:
Sci-Fi
CRT
Boma

Of those 3 they enjoyed CRT the most, but if you can't get that they really loved Sci-Fi, as did I! It was definitely top 3 for us. First being Spoodles, but that's gone.

First thank you to everyone here!! You guys have been beyond helpful in planning our first Disney trip and I feel like I am so much better prepared than I would be with out the help!!!

Now for my plea for help...LOL!!

We have one more table service to plan and I have no idea what to pick. It is just the three of us, DH(34, and by far the most picky of the eaters), myself (30, pretty much each anything) and DD (2 most like her mommy).

We have planned:
Chef Mickey's- breakfast
Tuskers House- breakfast
Princess Storybook- breakfast
Coral Reef-dinner

we would prefer something for dinner or lunch but other than that we are pretty much open.

TIA

Have you considered one of the World Showcase restaurants? Le Cellier (steaks), Biergarten (German buffet), Nine Dragons (Chinese), Rose & Crown (English Pub), Tutto Italia (Italian obviously), San Angel Inn (Mexican, nice atmosphere).

We never miss dining in World Showcase. It's always a great experience & a chance to try some ethnic foods.

Could you give us more info? Are you going anywhere in particular, which park? Which resort?

UM, when I think about the ones that my kids (DDs 5 & almost 2 then) enjoyed the most it definitely includes:
Sci-Fi
CRT
Boma

Of those 3 they enjoyed CRT the most, but if you can't get that they really loved Sci-Fi, as did I! It was definitely top 3 for us. First being Spoodles, but that's gone.

We have the park hoppers so we aren't set on being in one park in particular. We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

Thanks for the suggestions...off to look at some more menus to try and pick something out.

How about Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh & friends) or 1900 Park Fare (Dinner-Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Step-Sisters and Mother)?

Crystal palace if you don't think you have too many character meals. The characters are Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger so there is no overlap with your other meals. We have only dinner and I've always found plenty to eat.

My second recommendation would be Biergarten.

japan is always fun with the great food and entertainment by the chefs -
germany is fun with the buffet and music/dancing
both these restaurants put you at communal tables which can be fun to meet others if you enjoy that kind of thing-

looks like you have lots of character meals but if you are up for one more i understand garden grill has good food and excellent character interaction

we love boma but don't know that your little one would care about it one way or another-

let us know what you decide!

Thank you all for the suggestions. I don't think there could be such a thing as too many character meals!! Avery seems to be past her scared of characters so that's a good thing!!

Right now I am looking at Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, and Biergarten... if only my DH was more involved...I keep trying to get his input and he keeps telling me he wants to be surprised!! (it's his first trip too!!)

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!!!!

We loved CP for breakfast - great food, and getting into the MK early (our ADR was for 8:10) was amazing.

Have you thought about Garden Grill? It's in the Land at Epcot, and (at least at dinner) it's a character meal. We went for lunch in 2008 before they took the characters out of the lunch line-up. It's served family style, with yummy rolls, marinated flank steak, breaded catfish (yum!!), potatoes...it was the best meal we had that trip. The kids got an ice-your-own cupcake for dessert (they also had chicken nuggets and Mac n cheese available) and we got a berry-filled puff pastry thing. The characters are Mickey, Chip and Dale, Goofy and Pluto (I think...). It was very laid back. The dinner also comes with a salad from the Land gardens, too. And, while I was waiting for DH to meet me with the stroller and the two older kids, I heard someone walk up to the podium and get a pager with a 20 minute wait, so it can't be too busy! Just another idea (especially if your DH is a picky eater!)

Our favorites are LeCellier, Teppan Edo, and Coral Reef all in Epcot and Kona in the Poly. Wolfgang Puck Cafe in DTD is good also.

We have three of the four restaurants that you have chosen. We also have ADR's at Crystal Palace (lunch) and Biergarten. I really don't think you could go wrong with either of those two.

With your DD I would rec. Park Fare or Princess Storybook in Norway. More princesses at PSB if she's into those.

Or if you just want a nice meal, Kona Cafe at Poly is nice. If you plan it right you can catch Wishes on the beach after your meal. It's a nice place to sit and watch. If your DD is anything like mine she'll enjoy playing in the sand while waiting for the fireworks. You can do the same thing if you eat dinner at 'Ohana.

The Rose and Crown is very good - I highly recommend it if you don't mind eating a little later you might luck out and be able to watch the fireworks while you are eating.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I don't think there could be such a thing as too many character meals!! Avery seems to be past her scared of characters so that's a good thing!!

Right now I am looking at Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, and Biergarten... if only my DH was more involved...I keep trying to get his input and he keeps telling me he wants to be surprised!! (it's his first trip too!!)

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!!!!

Crystal Palace would be fun for your DD and you'll probably be spending a lot of time at MK. 1900 Park Fare was a really fun birthday dinner for DD when she turned 3....lots of Cinderella and crew plus dancing with the little kids!!! So great.

Biergarten was a BLAST! No characters, but the show is GREAT. Lots of dancing, fun, stein-swinging. The only request my DH had for this trip was a return to Biergarten. DD loved it, too.

You have lots of great choices. Have fun!

Well DD doesn't want to meet Pooh and friends, and DH has crossed off Germany! LOL!!

I think we are down to picking between 1900 Park Fare and Kona Cafe...both for very different reasons! DD would love to meet Cinderella but the food at Kona sounds really yummy!! Good thing I still have a few days left to decide!!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

What! She doesn't want to see Winnie the Pooh and friends?

:confused3 I know! I was shocked too! I keep trying to show her pictures and she keeps telling me "no"!!

I think we are going to try Kona...it sounds really yummy and we have several character meals, Avery is usually up for anything and with any luck we will be able to see the fireworks!!

Now I just need pixie dust that I can get what we want on Friday when we book!!!!

I see you've pretty much decided but my votes would be

whispering canyon...no characters but fun
cape may - food for everyone
or
coral reef - food good...you daughter would probably love seeing the fish

If you stick with Kona....2 thumbs up also:thumbsup2:thumbsup2. The best one credit meal we had

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter