One more tipping question Fantasy Remy, Palo, BBB

Cruella 66

DIS Veteran
I hope this will be the last question I ask on tipping. I don't want to ignite any debates but just straight answers: do you tip extra for Palo, Remy, and BBB? Thanks! Cindy

I hope this will be the last question I ask on tipping. I don't want to ignite any debates but just straight answers: do you tip extra for Palo, Remy, and BBB? Thanks! Cindy

We have always tipped extra at Palo & Remy for both Brunch & Dinner. Never used BBB

We're bringing candy so can we 'tip' BBB with candy? Also, how do you figure a tip for Remy or Palo? I know at a restaurant, for good service we generally go with 20%. Would it be 20% of the surcharge?

You could probably give them a gift bag with candy in it to be shared with everyone at BBB.

We're bringing candy so can we 'tip' BBB with candy? Also, how do you figure a tip for Remy or Palo? I know at a restaurant, for good service we generally go with 20%. Would it be 20% of the surcharge?

You could do that -- but around here the buffet would be more than the Palo upcharge and a dinner like that would be WAY more than the upcharge.

We tip usually $10 per person, sometimes $15. Depends upon the service. Can't describe it but there have been times we were compelled to tip more - because the overall experience was so much more awesome than Palo's normal Awesomeness!

Yes I do and I think most do, there is a minority who do not, like all tipping, DCL official diet says at your discretion. I tip in Remy, Palo, drinks there is an automatic 15% on all booze that's purchased.

Remy is dinner theatre and the service is great I have tipped a lot there, Palo is circa $ 20 > $ 30 pp for me, plus booze.

Yes, we have tipped anywhere between $20 and $50 for Palo.
(not been to Remy nor used BBB)

And, yes, will occasionally add to gratuities for drinks.

Can't comment on BBB, but I absolutely tip extra at Palo and Remy.

For Palo, I base the tip on what an equivalent brunch or dinner (including drinks) would cost back home (brunch = $50 pp and dinner = $100 pp). At Remy, I tipped based on the bill (upcharge + wine pairings + port).

We definitely tip extra in Palo. We had dinner and brunch on our last cruise and we tipped $25-$30 per meal. I have no idea if this is "right" or "wrong" but its what we did. :)

We definitely tip extra in Palo. We had dinner and brunch on our last cruise and we tipped $25-$30 per meal. I have no idea if this is "right" or "wrong" but its what we did. :)

It's consistent on what I do but it's personal to all.

Does anyone know if the tips/ gratuities that are given to the servers @ Palo and Remy are kept for themselves or within the Restaurant group or are they put into the general tipping pool like all the other tips received on the ship.

Most of the fee charged for Palo goes to DCL with a very small portion going into a pool for the servers. If you add tip to the check, that goes to your server.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter