One more question...Groceries - how to get?

Disneyorbust05

Mouseketeer
We will be doing the "Magical Express" thing in May. I don't know if they will be making store runs or not (I highly doubt it). So...what do you suggest we do for food/snacks in the room (besides buying it at a snack bar for $$)? We know that you can get groceries delivered - So if you have done it, is there a service that you have used and liked? Thanks!!

We have used wegoshop.com it was so great that we used them again in the middle of our vacation. They made multiple stops and arrived to our room at the exact time we agreed. There was no wasting of my vacation time to have to stop at a grocery store. After having a long, tiring day of travelling the last thing on my mind would be dragging my kids through a few different stores. :eek: Just sit back and relax and have your things delivered to you.

They charge you the same prices as the grocery store and add on a very resonable delivery fee of. I think ours was $20.00

We will be using them again on our next visit

Angela

Another huge thumbs up for wegoshop.com. They made two stops - one at a natural foods store and the Albertson's in the same shopping center - delivered exactly what we requested, when they said they would and with a smile. Our delivery was $15 in December. We had a car but are not familiar with Orlando and didn't want to waste the time leaving the World anyway.

We'll be using them again this December, for sure.

You might want to look into netgrocer.com. I don't have experience with them though.

We have used netgrocer.com twice now and have been happy with them. But we are going to give wegoshop.com a try this June. I like that I can order fresh and dairy from them since they shop and then go directly to your resort. Netgrocer.com does not do that. It is shipped in from someplace so you can't get anything that would need to be refridgerated.

This is great! I didn't know that there were companies that delivered like that! My parents are going on this trip and every time I talk to my mom she keeps talking about going to a grocery store. Without a car, that would be a problem! I told her to take a cab but I think this would be better. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Do you need to be at resort to accept groceries?

2. Is there a weight limit? Example, my mom will want a case of water. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help!

I think you hae to be at the resort, but have not heard of a limit on weight. I think they wlll bring in what you want.

www.wegoshop.com and click on FL. You can email the owners.

When we used netgrocer.com our box arrived at the Polynesian before we did!! It was there waiting for us upon check-in. The last time we used it, in August at BWV there was a little confusion with bell services. Our box was there, but they misplaced it and we didn't get it until the following day. So, no you don't have to be there for netgrocer. With wegoshop it used to be that you had to be there, in person, to make payment. But, I'm hearing that you can make other arrangements now. For me, I would want to be there, so that I could order those things that need to be kept cold. Then I could put stuff away right away. You do arrange a time with the shopper that is good for you to get your order.

Sthronds said:
This is great! I didn't know that there were companies that delivered like that! My parents are going on this trip and every time I talk to my mom she keeps talking about going to a grocery store. Without a car, that would be a problem! I told her to take a cab but I think this would be better. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Do you need to be at resort to accept groceries?

2. Is there a weight limit? Example, my mom will want a case of water. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help!

My impression was that you needed to be on hand to accept delivery. If you do write the owners, can you let us know what they said about this? Thanks! I probably wouldn't risk not being there but I would still like to know cos, well, you never know.

There is a dollar limit for the $15 fee (after that it is a percentage of the groceries' cost) but no weight limit. We ordered a case of water - it was a wonderful to have on hand!

jenjersnap said:
Another huge thumbs up for wegoshop.com. They made two stops - one at a natural foods store and the Albertson's in the same shopping center - delivered exactly what we requested, when they said they would and with a smile. Our delivery was $15 in December. We had a car but are not familiar with Orlando and didn't want to waste the time leaving the World anyway.

We'll be using them again this December, for sure.
What natural food store is in the area? Also did you ask them to stop there or was it what you requested that had them stop there?

At wego shop you do not have to be at the resort unless you are ordering liquor perhaps. We used them in January and since our flight was a late one, knew we wouldn't get to Pop until after 11:00 p.m. Our groceries were there. I just had to fax them an authorization for my credit card. We ordered a total of 48 bottles of water and there was no problem. As for natural food, I would look on wegoshop.com and see what stores they can do. You can also call or email the couple who runs the franchise that delivers to WDW and see if they can stop at a natural food store place. I highly recommend this service!

Bella2000 said:
What natural food store is in the area? Also did you ask them to stop there or was it what you requested that had them stop there?

The natural food store is Chamberlins, a small local chain around Orlando, and I requested the stop on the advice of a friend in the area. I think their website is chamberlins.com. The items that I wanted - organic produce, organic yogurt, etc. - are hit and miss in the regular Orlando supermarkets (or so I hear) so this was the best one stop shop.

wegoshop also said they would go to Whole Foods but it would cost extra as that store is relatively far from WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter