One more question about private villas...

HeatherT

Earning My Ears
Thank you to everyone that replied to my earlier post - I did decide to rent a condo from the owner. However, I just spoke to her about prices and she wants to charge me for 6 days instead of 5 nights. Is this how most people rent their condos? I didn't even think to ask if I would be charged for nights or days, I just assumed since I can't check in until 4pm and I have to check out by 10 am, it would be 5 nights. She told me this is how everyone rents their property but she's brand new at this, and so am I, so I'm not sure she's right.

Just when I thought I was comfortable with my decision..:rolleyes:

Heather

If you're staying 5 nights you should be charged for 5 nights. I know loads of owners and have never met anyone who charged by the day. If you were asking for late checkout I could understand it but if you're happy to arrive after 4 and leave by 10 I can't see any reason for it at all - it is certainly not the usual way with villa rentals.

Angela

We have always only paid for the nightrs when renting a villa. You check in at 4 and out by 10 or 11 depending on the villa. We are ging 12=20=03 until 1-10-04 and are paying for 21 days. but are actually leaving on the 22nd day. You should n't have to pay ofr 6 because that is the day you are leaving.

Heather,
Simply put...don't stand for this nonsense. You are staying 5 nights and therefore should be charged accordingly. The people you are renting from have been in this game long enough to know better and this is as clear a try on as I have seen in ages.

If they refuse to acknowledge 5 nights is 5 nights, take your custom elsewhere.

I agree with all thats been said 5 nights stay =5 nights rental and like Angela I don't know of an owner who would do it differently.

A red flag would be when the owner said to you "This is how everyone rents their property...".

Five nights is five nights, isn't it?

Buyer beware.

Thanks everybody! I knew I could count on the great advice of the Dis-ers! I have found another condo with a mc that is licensed and that will only charge me for the 5 nights I am there. I feel so much better - now I just have to figure out what I'm going to tell the first owner ;)

Heather

Heather...did you just say the first one wasn't licensed ??

That's enough reason ! Can you confirm this because if this is the case, I know a certain somebody at the DBPR who will be very interested in talking to your original people?

Heather..have a great time and I hope everything meets your expectation. :)

Sorry Nigel - I may have used the wrong term when I said they weren't licensed, but it wasn't done intentionally. They were however not part of any association, ie: BBB. Sorry again for the confusion:)

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter