One more question about cruising...

BLTLDZ

Loving our DVC :)
Is there really enough for a childless couple to do?

We love kids, just don't have any of our own yet :cool1:

Might be a silly question, but I am a little concerned about being bored!!

We LOVE DW, and go quite often.....Never done any cruise before, let alone disney. Are there usually a decent number of couples without children?

In part, it depends on your cruise dates. There are typically many couples without kids. On our last cruise our table mates were a younger couple who had been dating for 7 years and got engaged on the cruise and an older couple who were as much Disney freaks as we are. You'll meet people in the adult areas of the ship.

Bored? Depends on what you like to do. I can be happy with a book on a balcony and an ocean breeze in my hair. But there are many things to do on the ship.

We also did the four day, and were not bored at all. In fact sitting on a chair reading, never found the time even though I brought two books.

The only thing I'd say is if you're the party till 2 AM, you might not be happy because even the adults area shut down about midnight. Otherwise, you'll have a GREAT time.

Is there really enough for a childless couple to do?

We love kids, just don't have any of our own yet :cool1:

Might be a silly question, but I am a little concerned about being bored!!

We LOVE DW, and go quite often.....Never done any cruise before, let alone disney. Are there usually a decent number of couples without children?

If it were just DH and I, we wouldn't do DCL. We found not enough adult activities.

While I love cruising with my kids, if we went on a Disney cruise w/o them once I wouldn't be heartbroken. :) There are tons of stuff to do for adults. You will have a blast.

Personally I would enjoy the adult pool a lot more, and serenity at CC. Maybe check out the clubs a night or two. Romantic walks on the deck. Spa services, etc.

But, having said that, I don't think I'll ever be able to take a cruise w/o them. I'd end up missing them too much and feel guilty for sailing with the Mouse w/o them. :)

Unless you are TOTALLY into Disney and want that aspect of it-without kids I think I would go on a cheaper cruise. That is just me though. There are definately less expensive cruises that would have more of an adult feel. I enjoy the Disney cruise mostly because it caters to the family thing. Hubby and I would have more fun on a "regular" cruise if we didn't have the kids to look after though.

DH and I did a 3day without the kids (they still don't know we were on the DCL). We LOVED it. I did miss the kids. But I loved the adult pool and Serenity bay. We hit the clubs at night for the adult themed activities. I did the art auction and relaxed on Deck 4. I agree with the previous posts. It really depends on you. We are not really into partying although we enjoyed a few drinks. We had dinner with two other lovely couples. It was nice to do what we wanted when we wanted and not have to worry about the kids and their activities.

We are childless for our next cruise (Honeymoon). I would find no problem finding things to do and also find places where there are no kids.

Then again, it would depend in you are "a big kid", or if you are an "adult" yourself.

Lots of adult things to do though: Wine tasting, tours of the ship and cooking classes, scrapbooking classes, lectures, spa, games, nightclubs, eat, eat, eat, take a few naps, take a few walks, meet and greets, art auctions, shopping, beach, pool, movies, and lil smoochie-smoochie while you are alone....lots to do.

We also don't have any kids, but my husband and I love DCL. As several posters mention there is Quiet Cove and Serenity bay. There are also a lot of adult activities at night in Rockin' Bar D (Magic) or Wavebands (Wonder). :goodvibes

DH and I don't have children, and we just sailed on our 5th Disney cruise. We have never sailed another cruiseline, because we love Disney so much! As others have said, there is Vista Spa, Quiet Cove, Serenity Bay, Rockin' Bar D/Wavebands, different adult only activities such as ship tours, cooking demonstrations, Palo dinner (and brunch on cruises 4 nights and longer), different alcohol tastings, and the lounges are adults only after 9PM. I agree that if you are a "dance all night" type, DCL is not for you. But the days are so packed with activities, DH and I are ready to crash around midnight or so. I would suggest second seating at dinner, as there tend to be fewer families with young children, and more adult couples. I am sure you will have a great time, even without children. Good luck!

My husband and I (30 & 36) have no children but are leaving on our 9th Disney Cruise this week! We're big Disney fans and like the Disney ambience of it all.

We really don't get into structured activities much - just like the quiet places on our own, a cozy nook in Diversions or at Cadillac/Sessions. Reading magazines or books at Cove Cafe, sittting out by the pool at the adult pool. Serernity Bay in Castaway Cay is one of my favourite places in the world (and I really like a lot of great places, hehe). Dinner and/or brunch at Palo!

I've never been bored on a cruise. But then again I am there to relax, and one of my husband's favourite things to do on the boat is to just sleep out on deck or on our balcony, lol - so that's pretty easy to deal with. We bring a lot of pocket-sized card games, travel board games, books, etc. I'm a painter and I spend a lot of time sketching. I've never been to any of the adult entertainment (that sounds really bad!) - never been to any of the game shows or structured dance parties, etc. - pretty much just did things on our own and enjoyed spending the time together.

We have been to some of the "tastings" - tequila, martinis, etc. - I do recommend those if you enjoy alcohol - a lot of fun and usually a very good deal for that many drinks!

plenty to do - check out the posted navigators for an idea and port days there's something for everyone.

The Panama Canal cruise in 2011 will be my DW and my first cruise without our DS (he is starting college this fall :eek:). He is not at all happy about being excluded from this one.

We have all been on a three, four, and seven night cruise and my DW and I are sure there will be enough adult activities on board for the 15 night cruise. On past cruises we have missed some activities because we had to choose one over another that overlapped.

We have been on 18 DCL cruises and about 10 of those were without the kids....as they get older college and jobs seem to get in the way of their coming...though they still want to!!

We love cruising DCL, even without the kids.

MJ

we cruise alone, we don't gamble, we like the shows, like the night life, so we like the disney line, most ports of call all have the same excursions, so it comes down to the boat...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter