One meal outside of theme park but on Disney property

troydjames

Universal Pass holder/ Disney dad
Staying one night at a cars suite to see if we like it for a future trip, and would like suggestions on a meal for dinner,not in a park maybe a resort or downtown Disney,eating a character breakfast at the Poly the next morning but know plans for dinner. Thanks for suggestions have 3 kids 10,6 and 4

I was going to suggest 'Ohana at the Poly until I read about your character breakfast. I have heard Raglan Road at DD is very good but haven't had the opportunity to go there. What about a dinner show like the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue?

What about T-Rex at Downtown Disney? We didn't eat there, but we walked in the gift shop and it seemed fun. We have a Rainforest Cafe in our hometown and our kids were scared of the gorillas until about age 4 then they loved it until they outgrew it about age 10. T-Rex is the same concept restaurant owned by Landrys. It's probably expensive, but your kids are young and maybe don't eat much. Lol. ;)

Rain Forest Cafe is cute but it does get loud when they animals "come to life" and it could scare younger kids.

Probably not what you're looking for, but how about POR? They have a pretty good food court and a fantastic show put on by YeeHaw Bob. I'll bet your kids would like that. They also have a TS but I'm not crazy about their menu or food.

Have a good time.

:)

Do you want a full TS dinner or a more budget-friendly CS meal? The resort CS locations are pretty good, and by 5:30 pm all of them offer expanded menus with substantial dinner entrees. AoA food court is brand-new and appears to have some pretty unique offerings, or walk across the bridge and check out Pop. A number of the resort CS locations have build-your-own pastas and salad bars, too.

For TS locations, have you ever been to AKL? Boma is a unique buffet and you could also take some time to explore the resort and go outside to their animal viewing savannahs. In the evening there are storytellers at the fire pit; check with the resort for times. Or perhaps the kids would enjoy dinner at Trails End at Ft. Wilderness followed by the free campfire sing-a-long and marshmallow roast (bring your own; they sell 'smores kits but it's like $8 each) with Chip and Dale, and then a free outdoors Disney movie.

I love Raglan road at DTD. Love the atmosphere and the entertainment!

Wolfgang Puck express in DTD...mmmmm I wouldn't book a big TS meal that one night,or you won't get the chance to experience that room you're trying! Eat,and spend max time at AOA

Or even better why not eat at AOA to really get a feel for the place?

Trails End is fun and you can ride a boat over to dinner. We've also eaten at Chef Mickey's and Earl of Sandwich. As others have mentioned there is TRex and Rainforest Cafe as well. Or walk across the bridge and eat at the POP :)

We like Chef Mickey at the Contemporary. The kids find it facinating that the monorail goes right through the hotel. We usually eat there on a non park day and take a roundtrip on the monorail either before or after dinner. Kids love that they still get to go on a "ride" even on the day we chill at the resort!

If you have a car to travel to another resort we love Boma at AKL and the kids could see the animals at the safari, or Wilderness lodge has some great restaurants with a fun atmosphere. If you don't have a car DTD would be the easiest to get to and Rainforest is always fun and unique.

If you have a car to travel to another resort we love Boma at AKL and the kids could see the animals at the safari, or Wilderness lodge has some great restaurants with a fun atmosphere. If you don't have a car DTD would be the easiest to get to and Rainforest is always fun and unique.

You can always play musical buses LOL We've rode our resort bus to the MK and then caught the other buses to a resort we had a meal at. Never been an issue...and your front desk CM's can tell you how much travel time to leave for bus transfers so you'll be right on time for your meal :)

Here is also a nifty transportation wizard for Disney too :) Our Laughing Place Transportation Wizard

Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is a lot of fun, very interactive dinner!

Many great suggestions, here! We also like House of Blues in DTD, as well as Raglan Road. Enjoy!

For a budget friendly option, earl of sandwich is the way to go. For pick eaters try your resort's food court, for a sit down with kids? Beaches and cream at beach club-but be prepared to wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter