One Man's Dream

PoohsFan1

DIS Veteran
I just read that the Animation building was confirmed that this will be closing in July, however I read the Rumor yesterday that One Man's Dream may be closing as well due to the new changes going on at DHS. I really hope that if they do indeed close One Man's Dream, they will then reopen it either in a new location or in the same place. DH and I would be very disappointed if it closed for good, we always make a point to visit Walt while at DHS.

Last edited:
Im hoping it's just closing for the whole animation area refurb. I'll be sad if it's gone for good!

It won't/shouldn't be in the same place if what they are doing in that area is pumping up the Pixar influence. Pixar Place deserves more that just TSMM. Pixar has made many of Disney's best and most successful movies and we deserve several attractions based on these movies. Also, DHS wasn't even on Walt's radar and wasn't part of his "dream". If they keep the exhibit, it should be in one of the parks that Walt dreamt about like Epcot or MK.

I really hope not! I love that exhibit. I just read they are closing The Magic of Disney Animation as well. Super bummed!

It won't/shouldn't be in the same place if what they are doing in that area is pumping up the Pixar influence. Pixar Place deserves more that just TSMM. Pixar has made many of Disney's best and most successful movies and we deserve several attractions based on these movies. Also, DHS wasn't even on Walt's radar and wasn't part of his "dream". If they keep the exhibit, it should be in one of the parks that Walt dreamt about like Epcot or MK.

I could see that. I really don't care where they would move it, whether it is in a new park or keeping it in DHS, I just don't want to see them getting rid of it for good and having it on the extinction list. Many guests who go to Disney have no clue about the history of Walt and his accomplishments, it was awesome watching the movie and seeing the artifacts while reading about him. I am such a huge fan of Walter E. Disney's history and life, that I will be so bummed if they don't bring it back.

I could see that. I really don't care where they would move it, whether it is in a new park or keeping it in DHS, I just don't want to see them getting rid of it for good and having it on the extinction list. Many guests who go to Disney have no clue about the history of Walt and his accomplishments, it was awesome watching the movie and seeing the artifacts while reading about him. I am such a huge fan of Walter E. Disney's history and life, that I will be so bummed if they don't bring it back.
That's how I feel- I don't care where you put it, just put it somewhere!

If the expansion of the animation building is correct then maybe they'll move One Man's Dream into there.

I'm not sure that I agree with this entirely. I do agree that Pixar needs more than just TSMM. For a while now, I have been telling anyone who would listen that Radiator Springs Racers should go in where Backlot Tour was. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Mike and Sully To the Rescue would also be excellent additions. Remy should have a restaurant and Pizza Planet should be moved closer to the Pixar area. I'm just not certain that One Man's Dream and Animation Academy have to close to make this happen. I think that Disney should have a major area in this park just like Pixar, Hollywood, Star Wars, and even Muppets should. One Man's Dream, in my opinion, fits in at Hollywood Studios better than any of the other parks except for maybe possibly DCA. One Man's Dream is all about Walt's life and what he endured and created. It especially focuses on the animation and film aspects of his life. Then, after you see the film, you are in a studio that focuses on those creations and the future dreams to come. It worked better when it was an actual working studio, but I still think it fits. Add in some other Disney elements in the area (and expand the area, as well) that Walt was a part of such as Snow White's Scary Adventures and/or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and it fits even better. I can see it going in on Main Street, but I really feel DHS is the proper home for the show.

Here's my thing: One Man's Dream may arguably be the thing I look most forward to every time I go to MGM. It's a MUST DO in the park and my family knows this. Plus seeing the reception around the internet and how much pride Disney seems to take in it, I feel like they may relocate this. Disney knows how much people love this attraction and they know they need Walt in the parks. If it moves that'll be fine but if it closes permanently... Anyway they better save some of the animation stuff like Ward's, Frank's and Ollie's handprints and still have a sorcerer meet and greet. I can lament these loses but please Disney just tell me what you're going to do with some of the specifics

Walt Disney was one seriously talented/passionate/visionary guy. I don't know if a theme park attraction is necessary, but I wish more people understood the background of the parks. Maybe it should be required for people to watch One Man's Dream before they are eligible to get FP+. :earsboy:

Walt Disney was one seriously talented/passionate/visionary guy. I don't know if a theme park attraction is necessary, but I wish more people understood the background of the parks. Maybe it should be required for people to watch One Man's Dream before they are eligible to get FP+. :earsboy:

ITA! I remember one one trip there there was a little girl who asked her mother "You mean Disney was a real PERSON?" That's when I decided that "One Man's Dream" should be required for everyone.

Here's my thing: One Man's Dream may arguably be the thing I look most forward to every time I go to MGM. It's a MUST DO in the park and my family knows this. Plus seeing the reception around the internet and how much pride Disney seems to take in it, I feel like they may relocate this. Disney knows how much people love this attraction and they know they need Walt in the parks. If it moves that'll be fine but if it closes permanently... Anyway they better save some of the animation stuff like Ward's, Frank's and Ollie's handprints and still have a sorcerer meet and greet. I can lament these loses but please Disney just tell me what you're going to do with some of the specifics

I don't think current management thinks they need Walt in the parks. But I do think if they close One Man's Dream and don't have a plan to reopen it, there will be some backlash from fans. I hope.

The "Walt Disney Story" used to be on Main Street right by the entrance. Not sure why they moved it from that location. Now it's used for Mickey Meet and Greet. Maybe they could move it back to it's original place of honor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter