One Man's Dream

NuttyDisneyDad

Disney veteran
I just read that the Art of Animation Academy AND One Man's Dream are closing in part of the new Hollywood Studios makeover. There will be riots if that tribute to Walt goes.... They wouldnt get rid of One Man's Dream....would they?

Yeah, I saw that rumor too (it was from someone considered a reliable source as far as the internet goes)

I don't think they will get rid of it entirely? Maybe they will move it somewhere. Surely there is an empty building in Epcot that could take it.

I was the told the same thing by a "reliable source" right before the last SWW. It would be completely closed without any warning, like they did with Backlot Tour

I REALLY hope this is not true...my DH will refuse to ever go back to Disney! He already has issues with the little mentions of Walt in the parks nowadays...

Jeez Louise, BOTH buildings? So 3 attractions, plus several M&Gs and (I assume) Animation Gallery unavailable for the foreseeable future. Yep, TPTB seem to be doing a magical job of making stuff disappear. It's not even a half day park for us once these close. But hey, at least we'll make good use of PHs now.

Everyone calm down. "Closing" does not mean "gone forever". How many times has Space Mountain closed? And, last time I looked, it still there. Yes, in its same space but it's still there. So, take a step back and let's see when an official announcements about absolute permanent deaths are told.

I saw One Man's Dream for the first time last spring. I've talked about it so much both of my parents are looking forward to seeing the walk through and then the film. Hoping that it is open in Nov.

I had heard about Art of Disney Animation, but I didn't know about One Man's Dream. I agree that the Animation building could use some changes, but I love One Man's Dream. They just added some new exhibits there recently too.

Everyone calm down. "Closing" does not mean "gone forever".

This is probably true. BUT. For the immediate future there are even fewer attractions to experience. They've shut down attraction after attraction over the last year. And aside from a couple of inexpensive, thrown together Frozen things and a "preview centre" where they tout their latest theatrical release, what have have they added? What have they officially announced to replace these attractions?

Sure, we're all hearing rumours of great things to come. I'd actually like to see this as a full day park again sometime in my lifetime. I have the sinking feeling that it's going to get even worse before it gets better.

I would like to see One Man's Dream move either to Epcot. (Which sorely needs attractions in FW) or Main Street in MK. So glad I decided to check it out a couple weeks ago though in case it is gone for good.

This should probably be a separate thread, but at some point I wonder if they will just shut the park down for a while. It would be great if they would just get the work done faster.

This should probably be a separate thread, but at some point I wonder if they will just shut the park down for a while. It would be great if they would just get the work done faster.
As long as their 4 biggest attractions are still open, the park will still draw people from the other parks. WDW can't afford to close one of the 4 parks. The other 3 would be a nightmare.

As long as their 4 biggest attractions are still open, the park will still draw people from the other parks. WDW can't afford to close one of the 4 parks. The other 3 would be a nightmare.

That's true. And if they keep Fantasmic running.

I was at DCA in summer 2011, it was a mess and they didn't shut it down. The center of the park was closed, you had to get around using walkways on the edges. But it was all worth it, the new DCA is amazing.

This sucks if it really does close soon. DH is looking forward to watching the film on our trip in September. I regret not making any time to watch the film during our last trip. :(

Touring plans is reporting this as well. I'll wait til Disney makes an announcement..well, if they make an annoucement at all...but the touring plans article didn't sound like this was a temporary refurb.

Everyone calm down. "Closing" does not mean "gone forever".
Is the Backlot Tour coming back? How about the AFI Museum? American Idol? Animation Academy? Disney has left everyone hanging by not making any major announcement about what is coming next, probably because they don't want people delaying their trip until the "next big thing" is completed. But amongst the radio silence, there have been numerous permanent closures in preparation for what we all know (but Disney won't say) is coming. I hope they find a new home for Walt's Dream. But it won't be in Pixar Place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter