One hour wait at Alamo

mom22girls

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to let everyone know that it took us over an hour to get our rental car at Alamo last week. There were no lines at any of the other places but Alamo had over an hour wait and I didn't see any Quicksilver counter not that we could have used it but didn't see it anyways. We got the last full size car. The price was right but we just wanted to get to Disney not wait another hour.

Last Saturday (2/12/05) we arrived at Orlando Airport and I stood in line one hour to rent a car from Avis. The Alamo line was twice as long as the Avis line. Standing in line to rent the car was the longest line I stood in all week. There was nobody in line at Dollar.

It took a lot of patience to stand in that line!

Since Alamo is the official car rental company of Disney World, it's included in a lot of popular travel packages. I usually go with either National, Budget or Dollar, which ever offers the best deal. The lines at these counters tend to be shorter.

:moped:

There isn't a QuickSilver line, you go straight to the Alamo booth in the garage and 5 mins later you're driving away. Last month as I was loading our bags in the trunk, the woman taking the car next to me also had a 1 hr wait. I wouldn't rent from a company that didn't have an express line of some sort and I've got QuickSilver, FastLane and Emerald memberships. An hour in line is an hour less of Disney!

Bill From PA

I just won't rent from Alamo, saves me all the hassles (I once had a huge problem with them and decided that they weren't on my personal list of preferred vendors)

I have a car on reserve at the Alamo in the Disney Car Care Center for our next trip. Is the wait there as bad?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter