One HOT trip planning

Bev J

DIS Veteran
Sept 20-27
Hotel Country Inn and Suites Calypso Cay

The travelers: 3 couples, we have traveled together many times but this is the first time to WDW together.

B-46 (me) WDW junky many trips, compulsive planner
D-49 DH WDW junky also, follows the plan

T & M-50's several trips to WDW,

J & Mac 60's, last trip to WDW 10 yrs ago

This trip really started October 2001, when we purchased AP's
for our October trip, so of course we had to come back.
B& D are into the pin trading, so when I saw that there was a big pin event at Epcot we planned our trip around it. We have 4 kids, 2 adults who live on their own and 2 boys 15 and 7 who were not comming this trip. So big SIS is staying at our house to keep the boys in line and in school.
I kept reading the DIS boards for hotels, we decided to boycot disney resorts since the first day of our last trip was the day EE was cancelled and this torked us off so untill EE returns we will stay off site-Glad to see it back, PO here we come next trip!

Now T & M like the pin trading also, we mentioned we were going to WDW and they said we would like to go also, OK. So our group is growing.
We signed up for the pin event and this was the start of the pin event that was'nt. Everything about the signup process and preorder of pins was a big rush.

I started in June watching travelocity for airfares. We live in Lincoln Nebraska and prefer to leave from here but Omaha, 50 mi away is a bigger airport and usually has better prices. I get a travel alert from a local travel agent and around the middle of July I read how low the rates from Kansas City were, I guess to save $$ we can drive 3.5 hours (NOT) Anyway I checked and the price was $118 round trip from KC, that drive is looking better. Last week Lincoln was 369 and Omaha was 307 each. Well I check Omaha and it is $118 I can't beleive it- well let's just check Lincoln- $118 We are so glad we checked called T & M for their money and booked for the 4 of us.
Now get the hotel- After reading so much about the Country Inn and Suites Calypso Cay we decided to book, $54 a night including breakfast.

Well around the middle of August we are at our friends house J & Mac and we are talking about the trip, they are surprised by the prices we are getting and start saying they might like to come along. We sorted out the prices with them and they are comming now also. They got $156 airfare on the same flight as ours.
I called and booked the room for them also.

I have been deligated the TA for our group of friends, they all like to just have me do all the planning. The reality is that they don't like to hunt for the bargains or make any choices about anything.
I don't mind doing it but I get testy when they OK all the plans and then don't like the way things go later.
We checked out the menus on Deb Wills site and agreed on resturants. I called and made the PS's. We are ready!

And you are all ready to start your adventure - thanks for posting!

Good planning! I am my familly/friend travel planner, so I know how difficult it can be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter