• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One Family, One Year - An AP finale & June 2010 PTR! - 7/6 TR STARTED!!!

So welcome again to the Happy Dog family trip to WDW! :yay:

In a few short months, we will be on our way to family fun! This is going to be a great trip for us. Speaking of “US” who might “us” be, you may be wondering. Well, for those of you who have just stumbled on to my PTR, here are the trip participants. For those of you who have already met this crazy bunch, welcome back again, and thanks for joining me on all my crazy Disney adventures :grouphug:

SO... First Up:

DH and I … a couple of educators with a theater background, so consequently we genuinely appreciate the impressive scale of “Disney Details” – we admire the performance of it all. I don’t have many pics of us at the World, but here is one of us on our recent Disney Cruise

skiingandshopping040.jpg

It is a little grainy because it is a photo of a photo, but you get the idea... I will try to get a true Disney photo of us for a change, this coming trip, and I hope to replace this one along the way.

DH and I have two little rapscallions...

Here are my three guys in a few random places:

Closing Down Le Cellier on the 4th of July last summer...

Disney352.jpg

Trying to shoot the crow at the Frontierland shooting gallery on our October MNSSHP trip!

IMG_2838.jpg

Scaring the wildlife at the Animal Kingdom with their druming during our Christmas week in Disney...

DisneyChristmas2009175.jpg

Trying to remove excalibur from the stone (again -- they never learn) in February...

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010136.jpg

NEXT is our DS7 soon to be 8 this June… just a few days before we arrive in Disney … This young fellow loves all things Star Wars, and had recently discovered Rockin Roller Coaster… he made it on this ride just once during our Snow Storm getaway in February, and well, he can’t wait to go back for it! (Hopefully we won’t have to smuggle him in, as he was a hair too short last time…:rolleyes1) Here are a few random highlights for him over the past few trips…

Image0359.jpg

Image0360.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009068.jpg

Image0009.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010056.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009799.jpg

FINALLY, our DS4 soon to be 5 this June … both boys have B-days during the first half of June… He is a typical younger brother, always trying to do what the other does, and then doing his own thing, too…

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010132.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010099.jpg

AnimalKingdomGetawayFeb2010052.jpg

Image0015.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

DisneyChristmas2009059.jpg

They are generally patient with eachother, you know the typical "love/hate" brother relationship, but they have definitely enjoyed their time together at the World.

So, now that you know the WHO, How about the WHERE and WHEN???

The trip for us this year begins on June 19th, when we drive down to Disney from MD. We will be checking into the Bay Lake Towers (a studio) for five nights. We then move from BLT to a 1 bedroom villa at the Beach Club Villa’s for three nights. We are presently on a waitlist for two more nights. If the waitlist doesn’t come through, then we will make our way to Disney’s Vero Beach Resort for two nights in a studio, and we’ll enjoy that property before we trek back home. We will spend a total of nine nights in Disney, with the possibility of two more if the waitlist comes through. :lovestruc Either way, two nights at Vero Beach also has us very excited, because it will definitely be another “first” for us, and I am looking forward to seeing this resort. I hesitated to spend another two nights in yet another resort hop there at the World. We could have stayed all five nights at the Boardwalk. But, we were so taken with SAB in December, we really want to take serious advantage of this pool area for a summer trip, and we decided even three nights there would be worth the gamble.

WHILE WE ARE THERE ...

We are scheduled for the basic Dining Plan. We have been on the basic for all but this last trip in February, opting instead to just use our TIW card and pay OOP. During our other trips we have been happy with the Basic, and then used our TIW card to get our use out of the discount for any extras. We have some great ADRs planned, some new, some tried and true!! And we have thrown in a few new experiences as well!

The planning for this summer trip began during our Christmas trip, this past December 2009. While on vacation I was already making my ADRs for June if you can believe it! That is what 180 days can do for you!!! And YES, it seemed so far away! Since then, I have made many adjustments and deleted many ADRs, and I am pleased to say that even making fixes and updates this late in the game I can still get what I want the day I want and the times I want!!!! I am amazed, but very glad. I will share all these plans with you in the weeks to come.

So in a nut shell, well, rather a clam shell, since this is a big post, :laughing: that is the introduction to what I hope will be another memorable family visit to Disney. Just writing this has me busting at the seams with excitement!!!
:jumping1:

Thanks for reading, and I hope you will come along for the ride! :flower3:

I will definitely want your input on some of my plans, and that is one thing that makes the DIS so great. So get your thinking caps on!

I'm in and ready for some fun!
Our trips overlap...we're at OKW from June 23rd-July 2nd!

I am sure there are a lot of us!!! :thumbsup2 I'll have to check your plans!

I'm here!! :wave:

YAY!! :yay: SO glad you are here! I am enjoying your mom and daughter report!

:wave2:I'm in! Can't wait to hear about your awesome summer plans!

Erika

Thank you for joining in! Glad you are coming along for the fun!

:cool1:

Page one... and I requested this report to start- :rotfl:

Five trips in a year... sounds like a dream especially considering how you hit all the seasons and a bunch of holidays.

You did it, don't worry! It was a great year with almost every holiday and season... I still want to experience the flower and garden show and STAR WARS weekends!

:wave: Hi there!!! I'm here and hopefully still on page 1?? :woohoo:

Tracy
Hi there to you, too!!!! AND..... yes. You STILL are on page 1!! :lmao:

WELCOME! Thanks for coming along again! :goodvibes

:wave2: joining in. 5 trips wow that's awesome :banana:

Awesome. Crazy. Unimaginable. I feel really fortunate that I was able to have such a Disney-packed year :lovestruc

Joining in!
Now to catch up on this and read your cruise tr.
Work keeps getting in the way of DISing. Thank goodness for Spring Break :goodvibes

Woo HOO!!! Yes, THANK GOODNESS for Spring Break! :rotfl:

Jackie, do I need to put that magnet on my shopping list? I have a pin for you here, somewhere.....
I will be picking up one for me, I can sure get two
:rolleyes1

See, I was thinking the same thing :laughing:

I'm here too!

I think I'll just miss you. Your school year must end before mine does.

YES! I am bummed that this is the case! School lets out on the 16th of June... Willl you be there when WigD is??

BLT and BCV will be fantastic! The rooms at BLT are beautiful. We had the opportunity to see the BLT model rooms at the Doorway to Dreams store in Roosevelt Field Mall and they are beautiful. Are you DVC members?

SAB in June is going to be great. Your kids may not want to leave the pool.

A couple of questions: We're getting APs in August and have considered TiW. Is it worth getting on the dining plan? Can you use it for CS and TS meals?

Can't wait to read more about your plans!

I will share our itinerary and ADRs later this week, but for now, I wanted to share some shopping that I did BEFORE this trip was even in it's official "pre trip" phase!!! :lmao:

Now unaware that I would be going to Disney on a whim in February, AND going on a Disney cruise that same month, I had started to make some plans for pre-trip shopping... I got some great feedback regarding a VB carry-on bag on my Christmas TR! So I had taken these photos, but with the chain of events I mentioned, I never got to post these pictures of my pre-trip shopping…

Back in January I grabbed a fabulous VB Weekender which I was planning to take on a first excursion in June … but of course I was fortunate to take it on TWO trips between! So here is it’s official unveiling, since I had already taken photos!!! :laughing: Along with this I also purchased a new camera strap for my new camera... I love it! I have already added a few Disney pins!

Copy2ofSnowstormandsuch2010009.jpg

Copy2ofSnowstormandsuch2010011.jpg

Copy2ofSnowstormandsuch2010010.jpg

Copy2ofSnowstormandsuch2010028.jpg

I also had found and purchased two sets of T shirts for the boys, one set at the Disney Store (the clearance kind at $4.99 each!) and also these nice heather brown Mickey shirts at WDW in February… I also made another Vera purchase just recently, for a few makeup bags, to match my VB green cupcake mail bag, and my Yellow Bird Weekender. I have been unsuccessfully trying to nab a jewelry or cosmetic case for my weekender bag, so I just ordered the large makeup bag, which will help with toiletries, or jewelry. I also bought a simple black cosmetic case for my everyday case in whichever purse I tote daily. My LATEST trip purchase was a new pair of Fit Flops in black... alas, NOT the Mickey ones :sad2: Believe me, I looked!!!!

spring009.jpg

Cruise2010155.jpg

kidpics011.jpg

kidpics012.jpg

I am in the process of determining what the “theme” or “approach” will be for this trip… I know I have to make a Tshirt or two, THAT is a must! BUT what I do otherwise I have not quite decided… we have made all of our trips “surprise” visits for our boys… Even this last February trip, it was a surprise for all of us! :goodvibes I am not sure if that is what we are going to do, or if we are going to make it a true count down to Disney kinda trip… :rolleyes: Last summer we gave them a great surprise reveal that was a 10 day count down… but we didn’t do a count down calendar or paper chain, so this time I would like to do something!! I have made too many trips to Home Depot to NOT take advantage of my smuggled paint chips!!! :rolleyes1

I DO want to take advantage of Disney nights on Friday or Saturday evenings at our house.... I love all the themed ideas I have seen posted on that thread, and I would like to give it a go for a few movies... We'll see what I come up with... :stir:

Love the clamshell recap!!! Your boys are so cute -- can't wait to see their antics on the next trip!

The classic VB box shot -- a DIS tradition! :lmao: The weekender intrigues me! One of these days, one of those might have to come to our house.

Can't wait to see what your plans and ADRs are! You always have such great ideas!

Jackie, do I need to put that magnet on my shopping list? I have a pin for you here, somewhere.....
I will be picking up one for me, I can sure get two
:rolleyes1

A pin? Yeay! :banana: As for the cruise magnet, thanks for the offer, but I need to take a cruise, to earn one for my fridge. :laughing:

I am here albeit a bit late!!!! We will be in the world at the same time!:cool1: I would love to meet you and those adorable boys in person!! LOVE all the Vera purchases:thumbsup2 I LOVE your reports and I am so looking forward to this one!!!!!;)

Loved the unveiling of your VB stuff :thumbsup2 I have seen VB mentioned alot on the DIS but wasn't quite sure what they looked like as hadn't really seen a lot of it over here but I'm loving them. My DH thinks VB sounds like a soap opera star's name from over hear :rotfl: He wasn't quite sure why I was rambling on about a soap opera star :rotfl2:

Your boys are adorable. Surprise trips sound really fun for the children, what a joy to see their faces light up. Look forward to reading about your ADRs and your plans popcorn::

Love the clamshell recap!!! Your boys are so cute -- can't wait to see their antics on the next trip!

THANKS CP!!! :goodvibes

The classic VB box shot -- a DIS tradition! :lmao: The weekender intrigues me! One of these days, one of those might have to come to our house.

Can't wait to see what your plans and ADRs are! You always have such great ideas!

You know the box really is pretty!!! :laughing: I agree!!!! such nice presentation from a mail order... I was really impressed with it as a carry-on just a small "weekend" :laughing: bag! No wonder it is so aptly named! It has a nice handle as well as shoulder strap. Great bag! I now have two matching cosmetic/extras bags to go with it. the bag itself had many nice side pockets and outside pockets. I really like it! It was great at the AK and on the cruise...

I am pleased with my plans overall! I will start to post them tonight! :thumbsup2

I'm here! Page 2 but here :goodvibes

Eh, just glad you are here to join in as always!!! ;)

I am here albeit a bit late!!!! We will be in the world at the same time!:cool1: I would love to meet you and those adorable boys in person!! LOVE all the Vera purchases:thumbsup2 I LOVE your reports and I am so looking forward to this one!!!!!;)

So glad you are here, and you are hardly late!!! YES, lets try to arrange a DIS meet for sure, lets compare plans! Thanks on the Veras... YOU too! I saw your fun birthday gifts :goodvibes I am excited to write this report myself, so it should be fun! ;)

Loved the unveiling of your VB stuff :thumbsup2 I have seen VB mentioned alot on the DIS but wasn't quite sure what they looked like as hadn't really seen a lot of it over here but I'm loving them.

Hi! You know, at first they seemed kinda "English-y" (if that is a word :laughing:)... a little like Laura Ashley? At least that is what they reminded me of ... I always admired them and never thought I could pull one off, I have to have everything coordinate/match, so trying to match a VB pattern with a week's wardrobe was too challenging and stressful!!! BUT, they have grown on me! I only have three... but I love them!

My DH thinks VB sounds like a soap opera star's name from over hear :rotfl: He wasn't quite sure why I was rambling on about a soap opera star :rotfl2:

:lmao: THAT. IS. FUUHHHHHHHHHHkneeee.

Your boys are adorable. Surprise trips sound really fun for the children, what a joy to see their faces light up. Look forward to reading about your ADRs and your plans popcorn::

Thanks! We have had some fun "reveals" for the boys! It is fun to see the realization. I'd think they would be on to us by now, but each time they seem dumbfounded!

awww, I like the idea of a countdown this time and Disney nights as that would be very new for the boys!

Fun pretties!

WELLLLLLL.... Here is my itinerary for the trip! :yay: There are a few kinks to work out, still, but I am pretty happy with the plans. I did make some adjustments once I was able to review TGM's park touring recommendations.

What we are still discussing is our actual departure date. We may drive down Friday night, or Sat morning early, which would put us there late Saturday afternoon, requiring an extra night in WDW. If so, we are looking at Pop! for a night, so we can get a good night's sleep, shower, etc. and make it over to BLT and the Contemporary early that morning, so we can get our KTTW cards, with our DDP, etc. So we'll see... for the AP discount, the price is really reasonable, so this might make sense as we get closer to the trip. There was availability everywhere, so I don't think that one night will fill up too quickly. BUT in the mean time, here is the itinerary I DO have set in place at this point... I do have a few plans I would like feedback on, but will pose those questions later. Anyhow, let me know what you think so far!! :rolleyes:

Sunday June 20th
Arrive at Bay Lake Towers and Check in (early arrival)
Park: Animal Kingdom / Magic Kingdom
QS breakfast at Contempo café (early, right after check-in)
Unpack if room is ready, if not head to Animal Kingdom!
Lunch ADR: Yak and Yeti @ 1:30pm
Back to the resort to unpack
Head to Epcot for dinner
Dinner ADR: Le Cellier @ 6:15pm
Walk to the Magic Kingdom for EMH evening, just for parade and fireworks!
Return to BLT for BED!

Monday June 21st
Park: Magic Kingdom / Epcot
Brunch ADR: Crystal Palace @ 10:25am
Head back to resort for R & R
QS Lunch @ the Sand Bar
Head to Epcot for the evening
Dinner ADR: Rose and Crown @ 7:20pm
(Hope to see Illuminations from the patio!)
Return to BLT!

Tuesday June 22nd
Park: Disney Hollywood Studios
Lunch ADR: Sci Fi Dine-in Theater @ 12:25pm
Back to the resort for R & R
Boat to WL from the Contemporary
Dinner ADR: Whispering Canyon Café @ 6:30pm
Take the boat from WL to Fort Wilderness for the Campfire-Sing-A-Long
See the Electric Water Parade!

Head back to BLT!

Wednesday June 23rd
Park: Epcot
QS Lunch @ Taqueria del Lago
Head over to Epcot
Dinner ADR: Tutto Italia @ 6:35pm
Use any AM FPs
See Illuminations!
Head back to BLT!

Thursday June 24th
Park: Animal Kingdom/ Magic Kingdom
QS Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner ADR: California Grill @ 7:10pm
Walk to the Magic Kingdom for fireworks OR Watch the fireworks from the Cali Grill balcony!
Get organized and ready to move resorts tomorrow.

Friday June 25th
Park: TBA - not sure if we will make it to a park today
Check out of BLT
Take the Monorail to the GF
Brunch ADR: 1900 Park Fare @ 10:00am
Return to BLT, and drive over to BCV
Check in at BCV!

R & R and a Storm Along Bay afternoon!
QS lunch at Hurricane Hannah’s
Sand Castle Club reservation for the boys!
Date Night ADR: Blue Zoo @ 7:30pm OR Bistro de Paris @ 7:30pm
Pick up boys and head back to villa

Saturday June 26th
Park: Magic Kingdom
QS lunch @ Columbia Harbor House
Back to BCV for R & R @ SAB!
Walk to Epcot
Dinner ADR: Tokyo Dining @ 6:00pm
Head back to Magic Kingdom to use FP's, see parade and fireworks
Back to BCV!

Sunday June 27th
Park: Disney Hollywood Studios
QS lunch @ WPE
DTD
Back to BCV for R & R @ SAB!
Walk to Epcot
Dinner ADR: Le Cellier @ 7:20pm
See Illuminations!
Back to BCV!

Monday June 28th
Park: Epcot
Boys on the Albatross Pirate Cruise from the BC
Check out of the BCV
Pick up boys from cruise
Walk to Epcot
QS lunch @ Taqueria del Lago or Yakitori House
Back to BCV
Head to Disney’s Vero Beach Resort!
Check in at Vero Beach!

Tuesday June 29th
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort

Wednesday June 30th
Check out of Vero Beach
Hang out at the resort/pool until after lunch…
Head home!

Your plans look great.
How long is the drive from MD? We're driving down to meet my nephews and flying from Reagan.

I love it. Le Cellier twice!

What's the BC pirate cruise? I didn't know about that....

Blue Zoo is high on my list for a date night. Which I don't think we are going to do but the menu looks fab and from BC...perfect!

Such fun!!! I am in awe of your long stay!!! You are going to have so much fun! Not to mention, it will be neat to check out Vero!

BLT and BCV will be fantastic! The rooms at BLT are beautiful. We had the opportunity to see the BLT model rooms at the Doorway to Dreams store in Roosevelt Field Mall and they are beautiful. Are you DVC members?

SAB in June is going to be great. Your kids may not want to leave the pool.

A couple of questions: We're getting APs in August and have considered TiW. Is it worth getting on the dining plan? Can you use it for CS and TS meals?

Can't wait to read more about your plans!

I am sorry I missed your post! I am really excited to stay at BLT. We saw the model at SSR back in 2008, too, and wow, NICE! NO, we are not DVC members, but we rent points all the time. We do have a timeshare that we can exchange with Disney, so that has worked out as well. We really liked SAB in December, and originally were at Boardwalk, then a conversation that Christmas with WigD convinced us to stick with Beach Club, so we could really take advantage of SAB. We are looking forward to it!!!! They love the sand/dig area, so I know they will hang out there, and we can lounge and not worry about anyone going under! They don't swim with full confidence or ability yet. If we were to ever buy DVC, we would definitely do it like WigD and Shocker!

Well, the TIW card has done us good for sure, and I think we have definitely put it to use -- especially at Christmas with my DBIL and his friend who joined us. But we have used it on all of our trips, so I think it has paid for itself in savings at this point. It is $75.00 so you have to know that you are ultimately spending the "savings" in order to recoup your upfront cost. I am sure we did or will have at the least by this summer. We always get drinks with dinner, and any OOP meals, and aps we might get along with the DDP, so this discount basically is the TIP you have to pay anyhow (which is included, so you can think of it that way).
We definitely take advantage and get full value for the DDP. But we pick restaurants where you get the most for your Disney $ if you know what I mean. Some character meals, more expensive entrees, etc. With the holiday surcharge, that adds a little more to the value of the DDP as well -- though somewhere I heard DVC members didn't have to pay that extra $... Anyhow the DDP is easily a good deal for us, but if we ate the way we normally did we wouldn't be buying dessert, etc... so perhaps it would be less anyhow. In Feb we went completely OOP. We didn't eat full CS meals very often, and we didn't buy dessert, so for that alone I would say we didn't spend as much. For these long trips, though, I like the DDP. The TIW card is only for table service meals. You can use your AP discount in certain places, though, so that discount might work at times too... the restaurants are listed online.

awww, I like the idea of a countdown this time and Disney nights as that would be very new for the boys!

Fun pretties!

Thanks! I am leaning this way too, I have some time to decide!

Your plans look great.
How long is the drive from MD? We're driving down to meet my nephews and flying from Reagan.

It is about 13 hours for us. LONG, but it really goes surprisingly quick.

I love it. Le Cellier twice!

What's the BC pirate cruise? I didn't know about that....

Blue Zoo is high on my list for a date night. Which I don't think we are going to do but the menu looks fab and from BC...perfect!

Le Cellier, TWICE. YES. DH's request. So I put it on opposite ends of the trip! The Beach Club Albatross Pirate Cruise is another similar Pirate Cruise (like the one out of the GF)... where they take the kid participants on a two hour excursion, feed them some junk food, then return again! We were scheduled for the cruise LAST summer, at the GF, but this time we decided on the Albatross one, since it takes off from the BCV, and this gives us time to get organized in the villa, pack in peace, and give them something fun to do.

Yeah, Blue Zoo is definitely our style, and both are in walking distance. I wan't to know what Anita and Marc thought of the Bistro before we decided. The menu at Blue Zoo is definitely exciting to us! :thumbsup2

Such fun!!! I am in awe of your long stay!!! You are going to have so much fun! Not to mention, it will be neat to check out Vero!

I think so, I think it will be, thanks CP! We are curious about Vero, and so if that is what we do, I think it will be a nice return home adventure.

I am sorry I missed your post! I am really excited to stay at BLT. We saw the model at SSR back in 2008, too, and wow, NICE! NO, we are not DVC members, but we rent points all the time. We do have a timeshare that we can exchange with Disney, so that has worked out as well. We really liked SAB in December, and originally were at Boardwalk, then a conversation that Christmas with WigD convinced us to stick with Beach Club, so we could really take advantage of SAB. We are looking forward to it!!!! They love the sand/dig area, so I know they will hang out there, and we can lounge and not worry about anyone going under! They don't swim with full confidence or ability yet. If we were to ever buy DVC, we would definitely do it like WigD and Shocker!

Well, the TIW card has done us good for sure, and I think we have definitely put it to use -- especially at Christmas with my DBIL and his friend who joined us. But we have used it on all of our trips, so I think it has paid for itself in savings at this point. It is $75.00 so you have to know that you are ultimately spending the "savings" in order to recoup your upfront cost. I am sure we did or will have at the least by this summer. We always get drinks with dinner, and any OOP meals, and aps we might get along with the DDP, so this discount basically is the TIP you have to pay anyhow (which is included, so you can think of it that way).
We definitely take advantage and get full value for the DDP. But we pick restaurants where you get the most for your Disney $ if you know what I mean. Some character meals, more expensive entrees, etc. With the holiday surcharge, that adds a little more to the value of the DDP as well -- though somewhere I heard DVC members didn't have to pay that extra $... Anyhow the DDP is easily a good deal for us, but if we ate the way we normally did we wouldn't be buying dessert, etc... so perhaps it would be less anyhow. In Feb we went completely OOP. We didn't eat full CS meals very often, and we didn't buy dessert, so for that alone I would say we didn't spend as much. For these long trips, though, I like the DDP. The TIW card is only for table service meals. You can use your AP discount in certain places, though, so that discount might work at times too... the restaurants are listed online.

When I add on, I think I'll follow Anita's advice and buy resale. And that may be sooner rather than later ;)

So, if I understand this correctly, you can use TIW to cover any additionals that the DDP does not at TS meals? Hmmm so I can use it for discounts on drinks? Since we're saving on the APs with the DVC discount, TIW won't really cost us anything. Talk about Fuzzy Disney Math :rotfl:

It is about 13 hours for us. LONG, but it really goes surprisingly quick.

I don't know how you do it with two kids :worship:
I get antsy on the 3.5 hour drive (with no traffic) from NYC to MD. Traffic is the worst trying to get from NYC to NJ.

When I add on, I think I'll follow Anita's advice and buy resale. And that may be sooner rather than later ;)

She is a good salesperson for Disney on resale, that is for sure! ;)

Ooooo, are you hunting!!?? :laughing:

So, if I understand this correctly, you can use TIW to cover any additionals that the DDP does not at TS meals? Hmmm so I can use it for discounts on drinks? Since we're saving on the APs with the DVC discount, TIW won't really cost us anything. Talk about Fuzzy Disney Math :rotfl:

YES, you are correct! You can use it on anything else you get, drinks, appetizers, etc. so yes, it can really help out in this case! BUT they include a 15% tip on whatever you purchase with it -- which is fine, because then you just need to remember to tip LESS on your real DDP bill... I have found that not all the servers advertise this fact each time all the time, so make sure you check to make sure they know you are aware... because in essence you could over tip. (which isn't a bad thing, but you want it to be at your discretion, not unawares...) Oh, and yes, that discount saved is well spent on the TIW!!!! I love Disney Math :laughing:

I don't know how you do it with two kids :worship:
I get antsy on the 3.5 hour drive (with no traffic) from NYC to MD. Traffic is the worst trying to get from NYC to NJ.

Well, we drive at night, and our Volvo has DVD's built in so basically, we drive for a few hours, stop for dinner, the kids watch a movie after, then it is time for sleep... they wake up and we are practically there. We have flown, taken the train, and driven down. At Christmas, it was a good thing we drove, or we would not have made it! We barely made it driving as it was! Still, we are paying for airfare to CA and the extra cruise, so saving $ to drive has been cost effective in that respect... talk about fuzzy Disney Math!!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter