One dining plan credit over... If you HAD to pay...

fmdelano

Earning My Ears
I have PS's for dinner at Spoodles, Wolfgang Puck, and Cali Grill, and PS's for lunch at CRT, Brown Derby, and Le Cellier. I am one TS dining credit over. Which restaurant would you pay out of pocket for? It is just me and my DF. Should we maybe share the credits on one or two days? What would you do, without changing dining plans?

I'd share a meal somewhere if I were you. You could also just use 1 dining credit, and order 1 extra entree, and share the appy and dessert. It will still be a little $$ OOP, but not much. Based on the restaurants you are going to, I'd guess that the least expensive place to do this would be Spoodles

I would check out the menus (if you have not yet) at AllEars.net http://allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

But I feel price-wise - either Spoodles or Wolfgang Puck's will probably be the 'cheapest' for your out-of-pocket experience.

Have a great time - I would stay with your food plan - and not sweat having to pay for one meal.

DizzKnee

I'd check to see using Allearsnet's menu what you might be eating at Brown Derby and Ca Grill. Make sure they are worth the 2 TS that each costs. Especially Brown Derby for lunch most entrees cost between $13 and $20. Not really worth 2 ts meal credits. Just my opinion.

I'd pay for the Lunch at the Castle - since it is a set price you know exactly what it will cost and can budget accordingly.

You might consider paying for one guest at CG. Purchase a second entree but consider sharing the appetizer and/or dessert. An extra entree and even an extra appetizer or dessert might be a good way to free up 2 credits.

You could always add another day to your trip, which would give you another set of dining credits....hey, who would argue with an extra day in Disney?? :teeth:

I would consider paying for one of the lunches OOP....they will be cheaper than dinner.

i would simply pay for the last meal OOP... because you never know when plans are going to change, when you might not be as hungry and opt to split a meal, etc... if you pay for a meal OOP at the beginning and then skip one of your meals for whatever reason, you'll have spent money only to go home with credits... ergo, while it might cost a few bucks more at the end, it's like an insurance policy imo...

i love BD but lunch there is not worth 2 ts so i probably would change it...not an optian i would probably split the meal there...hub and i did and had plenty ( more food than at lecellier for about the same meal)

If we share 2-credits from one card to share lunch at Brown Derby, that will leave one card with more credits. Are you allowed to use one card to pay for two 1-credit meals later (one for me and one for DF)? If that's allowed, I will probably share at BD, and maybe order an extra entree. We can't change our plans because others in our group want to go there! Thanks for all suggestions!!

Are you and your friend on the same room ressie? Your meals will be 'pooled' into one acount for you both to use as you see fit. Even if you aren't, it doesn't matter. Just pick a card, and use it. You will be allowed to share your appy and dessert, no problem. Then, just order a second entree and drink, and you are all set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter