One day's worth of my TS credits got used by someone else!

Rustysmom

DIS Veteran
Last Tuesday we ate dinner at 'Ohana and when the CM brought the DDP reciept, I noticed that we were short a days worth of both adult and kids meals!

We were going to go to MGM after we ate, but I wanted to get everything straightened out and had no idea where to go to get it fixed, so we went back to CBR and boy was my DH mad. He said to forget about it because he just wanted to go to MGM, but I had to find out what was going on, so we went back to CBR and he took the kids to the pool and I took a walk to the Custom House (and boy that was a long walk because DH told me the sign said Custom House but it was really Jamaica :mad:)

I went to the desk and the CM printed out how many credits that were left and tried to tell me it was correct. Then he read from the computer what restaurants they were used at: Coral Reef-yes, Sci-Fi-yes, Tony's Town Square-hell no! So they checked my ADRS and saw that Tony's wasn't one of them, and then they called Tony's and they didn't have our name down. Then the CM asked if we were part of a Grand Gathering. No! Couldn't he tell from the screen that we weren't? :confused3

Finally they believed that we didn't use the credits after I showed them all my receipts. For a while I felt like they didn't and I think if I didn't have all the receipts they would have given me a hard time. I must have spent an hour standing there while they tried to figure it out and also figure out how to bring up our name on their account. Our last name has an apostrophe, and they had no idea how to type it in in order to bring it up so that they could apply the credit to our account. :headache: Finally I think they tried 3 spaces in between the letters and it worked.

They had no idea how someone else could have used our DDP credits and said it never happened before. :sad2: The card never left our hands except at the restaurants. Maybe they were offline and someone typed the numbers in wrong? But it's awfully weird that exactly 3 adult dinners and 1 child were used, which is exactly people we were.

Whatever, it was a mess that luckily was straightened out, but totally turned my DH off ever getting the DDP in the future if we had to pay for it. If I didn't notice that we were short one day's worth, we would have had a problem on the last day when we went to use the card and they would have said all the credits were gone.

Because I had to waste time getting this straightened out, we missed Fantasmic because that was the only night we were going to be at MGM. I had no idea it was going to take so long.:sad1:

Always check how many credits you have left after you get the receipt!

That stinks! At least you were able to get it fixed, but it took a lot of time out of your night and ruined your plans for the evening! And, they couldn't figure out how to enter your name because of the apostrophe? In almost three years of the DDP, and 36 years of Walt Disney World, please don't tell me you're the first Guests whose last name has an apostrophe in it!!! Good for you for standing your ground until the situation was fixed!

That is terrible! I can't imagine how that could happen either. I'm sorry that you missed Fantasmic. Time is so valuable on a Disney vacation.

Wow! Sorry that happened to you; but happy it was resolved and you were able to provide the rest of us some good information! :thumbsup2

That's a bummer but I am glad you were able to resolve it. Sorry that you missed Fantasmic! :sad1:

That is an example where I would be writing someone and complaining. And they need to figure out how this could have happened when you were not even at the restaurant.

we had similar situation a server took off too many credits at our CM meal... we had to pay out of pocket at PSBB and i called from our room later and told them my children were all sleeping could we please handle it over the phone. it was quick and painless and they credit my card back the cost of the meals. from then on i always keep track of how many Credits are taken off and how many are left. save those reciepts!!! =0)

OMGoodness, what a hot mess!

I would definitely write to someone about that situation, it's unfair that you had to give up one of your nights in the parks to deal with that mess. Glad you straightened it out though.

Glad you got it all straightened out, but they could have credited you the same amount in extra for all of your troubles.

Glad you got this straightened out, I wish it didn't take a whole evening from you though.

This is good for me to read! I don't always keep track of ddp receipts, but I will for our next trip. 19 days! Yippee!!

I probably will write to Disney and complain right after I write to Jetblue to complain about something similar. We tried to do the airline check-in and they saw our names on the list but they couldn't print our boarding passes. My DH asked why and they said that it was because of our name! Because of that, we had to take the luggage off the M.E. bus ourselves and check them in at the airline, which was hard to do when you have 2 kids and one in a stroller who was having a meltdown because she wanted to wheel the big bag that should have been checked in at the desk at the hotel! :mad:

I really don't understand why they are having problems with people's names who have apostrophes. I have a fairly common Italian name too and I'm sure they have had plenty of people there with the same name.

Missing Fantasmic is my own fault because I wanted to get the problem fixed right away. I knew DH likes to be up and out of the room and off to the parks early and stay late, so I didn't know when I would have another chance to get it straightened out before our last day when we would be short the credits. I'll probably still write and let them know about it though and hopefully we'll see Fantasmic when we go in November.

The same type of thing happened when my aunt and I went last May. On our last day, while wainting for the ME bus to the airport, we were eating lunch at our resort. We knew we had a CS meal each left. We got our lunches and went to pay for them. The lady told us we had no credits left. She tried to see if we had any TS left, no luck. We panicked. We barely had enough money to pay for lunch. We hadn't taken much extra cash, having put our "fun" money on a Travel card. We talked to the guy at the counter for the hotel and found out it was happening all over the resort. I guess there are still a few glitches in their system...

Wow! I'm so sorry this happened, but thanks for telling your story. I know my CPA DH will be watching those recipts like a hawk when we go in November! First he wants to make sure we will break even (no doubt in my mind about that one) and now he wants to make sure they don't overdraw us!

And of course, if there is a problem, I'll be the one handling it instead of him! He says my sweet southern accent goes over better with people than his hard Michigan one! (I've got to agree with him there!):thumbsup2

I had a problem with my credits also...but it was a bit different. On our first night I went to MK Confectionary on Main Street to pick up snacks for the fireworks. I specifically asked about which items were DDP snacks. I specified that I wanted to use 3 snack credits. They rang them up and I was on my way. At the end of the trip I noticed there were a couple of extra credits I hadn't used yet. But come to find out They had charged the snacks from Day 1 on the credit card and not on the DDP. Not a huge deal, but I ended up spending a few extra $. I've decided I won't put my credit card on the same account as the DDP next time. Too easy for them to be mixed up.

Sorry to hear of your aggravations, but I have now learned to keep a close eye on my points! Last trip we really didn't use the DDP to its potential, this year I will be getting all I can out of it!! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2 I agree there should be some compensation for the aggravation, especially if you were told you had to go to your resort when others have had it corrected by phone.

Sounds frustrating! At least you got it all straightened out.

Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to keep an eye on our credits when we are there :thumbsup2

We also had problems last fall.First problem was as mentioned earlier about them charging the room after we had told them we were on the DDP.The hotel crdited it back to the DDP.Then we checked later and it was back to being a room charge so we went through it all again. This time it took.
The other problem was much more interesting.We had connected 3 reservations together.The computer would only charge for the first two.The lady said it would charge the credi card when that day arrived.It did, but when we ate for the first time on that day it said we had all of our credits left from the entire trip.I called the front desk to ask how much had been charged to my credit card and it was correct.I told them what had happened and the guy was very surprised. Nothing like that had ever happened he said.Well the credits never came off our card for the rest of the trip.I knew that we had already used all our TS credits but didnt keep track of the others.We might have used too many or too few snacks but I never received any bill from Disney that was out of line.

We checked in this past Easter Sunday - 2A, 3Kids (two of them 13 and 16) so 4 A credits and 1 Kid credit - well we went over to Chef Mickey's for dinner and I gave her my card to take off the dinner and they kept looking at us funny - finally the waitress comes over and says that our card says 2 A and 3 kid credits - too funny!!! I'm pretty sure that they were nuts trying to scam the system (which we weren't) as the kids looked older. So I went back to the beach club and she realized the kids ages were in the system wrong - the lady who checked us in was in a big hurry and didn't verify anything - so I went to meet my friends who were checking in and when I came back she told me that they were basically making the dinner we just had at Chef Mickeys a wash and starting fresh with points. So we essentially got 5 extra dinner credits which we used to take our friends to Le Cellier - how fun is that!!!

Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter