• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One day two park taste of Universal.

Doc Goofy

Mouseketeer
I have purchased the two park one day pass for Universal with transportation from a Disney resort. My plan was to go on Sunday October 14. I know that one day is NOT enough to see both parks adequately and will plan a return trip for the future. Also, this is a HHN day. Hoping to arrive 30 minutes before 9 am opening and leave at 5 pm.

Here are my priorities. Help me make a plan, please. :wave2:

IOA priorities:
Forbidden Journey, shops/explore WWOHP, early lunch Three Broomsticks
Spiderman
MAYBE Popeye's water ride thingy and Cat in the Hat

USF priorities (in no particular order):
Terminator
MIB
Despicable Me
ET
Jaws

I don't do roller coasters and typically don't care much for shows. I know I sure can't do it all, but let me know if I left something out that is really great. I depended on a guidebook to make my lists above. We could also conceivably go Monday instead of Sunday if you think HHN is going to be a problem.

Thank you so much for your help!

Jaws is closed now, I would put Shreck in it's place. The parks close early that day. Universal will close at 5 so I would plan to go back to IOA and hit what you miss as it will be open until 6. Scrap what I said about 6 at IOA. They changed it to 8.

I would add Simpsons , and as PP told you JAWS was closed and demolished in Jan this year.

I would also like to add for the last 15 years this is the weekend we usually got to HHN and the parks. It has never been very busy but I think this year might be a little different. There is a whole new set of fans going because of The Walking Dead. I think after next weekend when it opens we will know more of what to expect. We are going 2nd weekend this year because I couldn't pass up the offers we got on HRH.

I would also like to add for the last 15 years this is the weekend we usually got to HHN and the parks. It has never been very busy but I think this year might be a little different. There is a whole new set of fans going because of The Walking Dead. I think after next weekend when it opens we will know more of what to expect. We are going 2nd weekend this year because I couldn't pass up the offers we got on HRH.
Nah...I don't think the houses will make much of a difference in crowds this year during the day. This "whole new set of fans" will still have to get into the park during the day which would do them no good since they won't see The Walking Dead until HHN that night.

I agree that you might want to ride the Simpsons. Or maybe Disaster.

Nah...I don't think the houses will make much of a difference in crowds this year during the day. This "whole new set of fans" will still have to get into the park during the day which would do them no good since they won't see The Walking Dead until HHN that night.
My thought was they will be could be doing stay and scream though but you could be totally right.

Hey Doc,you said you dont like shows in your post.Please fit atleast The Horror MakeUp show.It is the best not miss thing too do at the studios,I promise!!!:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2
totally agree with Mr Duck.

Horror Make Up Show is a hoot.

i always take in that show more than a few times during my vacations in the darkside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter