One day, two park pass-Is it feasible with children?

Mama Mouse

DIS Veteran
I've never been to IoA and only once to US, over ten years ago. There are attractions in both parks we'd like to see. I'm ok with not hitting the coasters and such but WWoHP is a MUST.

Is doing both parks in one day feasible? I don't want to bite off more than I can chew...

It all depends on the time of year and which rides are most important to you.

If your family has never been to either park you really should give each park one day. If you CAN'T give each park one day you can split the day up between the two parks but don't expect to get much done or see many of the shows. You could kill your first 2 or 3 hours just in the Harry Potter area.

Mama Mouse said:
I've never been to IoA and only once to US, over ten years ago. There are attractions in both parks we'd like to see. I'm ok with not hitting the coasters and such but WWoHP is a MUST.

Is doing both parks in one day feasible? I don't want to bite off more than I can chew...

With express pass. Yes

We did it 2 years ago in November family of 4. We arent going to try it for our easter break trip in 3 weeks. Think it would be pushing it.

we did it easily on Jan 5th, 2011, but we had the express pass (stayed onsite) and we have been there previously, but not at Harry Potter. We split up and sent the little kids to Suess land and the big kids to Harry Potter, met at lunch at Mythos, blew through toon town and super hero island and ran off to Universal studios. would I recommend it? - not if you had two days, but we were catching a cruise, so yes. We only had the one day because I was scared to fly in from the northern midwest the night before a major cruise, so we flew in a day early and had a wonderful day at Universal!

I think I've decided to just do IoA since we really only have one day there.

My Mom just went recently and did two in one day and just kept recommending it. We're not travelling with her but I thought I'd look into it. But the more I thought about it, the more I remembered how much my son and I struggled with her touring style when we went to Disney with her in 2010. I want to do and see a lot but I don't want to be totally overwhelmed and rushed and miserable. So one park it is. All the more reason to plan a return trip!

I think I've decided to just do IoA since we really only have one day there.

My Mom just went recently and did two in one day and just kept recommending it. We're not travelling with her but I thought I'd look into it. But the more I thought about it, the more I remembered how much my son and I struggled with her touring style when we went to Disney with her in 2010. I want to do and see a lot but I don't want to be totally overwhelmed and rushed and miserable. So one park it is. All the more reason to plan a return trip!
Good job! Just remember though...there are no discounts for single day tickets so you're going to be paying full price for each ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter