• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One day trip at Disneyland

Suzerella

Mouseketeer
Looks like I'm going to get 4- 5 hours unexpectedly in Disneyland tomorrow! I haven't been in 15 years, but just want to soak in some magic. What would you do with a limited amount of time?

Wow that is an out-of-the-ordinary question but good for you.

The answer depends a lot on what you like to do. Rides? Thriller rides? Traditional rides? Shopping? Time of day?

If it were me I would lean towards POTC, HM (if it is still open), Space Mtn, Big Thunder Mtn RR, Jungle Cruise, maybe Tiki Room, Small World, walk around Fantasyland. Maybe Alice in Wonderland?

:wizard:

Are you going to just be in Disneyland or are you actually considering being in both parks? If you are looking to "soak in some magic" I am guessing just Disneyland as that's not a lot of time to try to do much in both.

For Disneyland my favorites would be: Space, Indy, Big Thunder Mtn RR, Pirates and Peter Pan but that's a long line unless you are there for rope drop, which is unlikely? To soak in the magic I agree to focus on Fantasyland and even Toon Town if you are into those characters, there's something so special about that place.

For DCA, if you are going there, I'd try to do: Guardians of the Galaxy, Incredicoaster, Toy Story and Soarin - as RSR is always crazy long line.

Now you can't do all of that in 4-5 hours but those are the highlights I'd aim for depending on which park you head to.

Have fun!!

It will be late afternoon through closing and just Disneyland. Hoping I may get to pop to DCA later in the week and scored one of the great deals UT had on last year’s ticket prices. Those are all great - I forgot about Toon Town and I really miss that at WDW. Thank you!

Will you be alone? If so then check on the website for rides that have single rider lines as that’ll save you a LOT of time!

HM will be down to remove the overlay, but IASWH will still be going -- definitely ride that, especially at night! Take your time to walk through DL -- soak in what you remember and what looks different. Chances are you'll see lots of things that look somewhat different, and yet sort of familiar, too. Do you like the Starbucks "You Are Here" mugs? If so, make sure to pick up one for DL and DCA when you visit the parks. There is a Starbucks in each park now (Market House in DL; Fiddler, Fifer, & the Practical on BVS in DCA) and the specific park YAH mugs are cute souvenirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter