ONE day split up: Half to Universal and half to MK

esox

Earning My Ears
I am traveling to Disney World in May with my DH, DD9, DS5, and DS3. We are staying on property for 4 nights. I would love to take my DD to see Harry Potter at Universal. Because of the cost of going to Universal for one day for a family of 5, I am leaning towards just the girls going. My husband had no interest. I am thinking of taking my daughter in the car and spending the morning/afternoon at Universal and letting my DH and the boys use Disney transportation to go to one of the Parks. My DD and I might meet up with them later depending on how long we spend at Universal.

I don't think we will be back to Floria for a few years, so I am really tempted to head to Universal for a "girls day". What do you think?

If your DH and the boys don't mind...(why would they since they will be having fun at Disney ;)). I say go for it!!!

Have fun whatever you decide.

I wonder if you can get discounted tickets for the two of you??

The Wizarding World is certainly worth the trip, particularly if you are big HP fans. I'd do it! :)

:earsboy:

Bear in mind that DD5 is probably not tall enough to ride FJ. We were all set to go but DS is 47 inches and the limit is 48 inches and we didn't want to risk disappointment so we're waiting a year. My kids adore HP but if one of them can't go on the main attraction, it just would not be a good idea.

OOOPS, sorry, read your abbreviations totally wrong. Forget what I said above :)

I agree that if your DH and sons are okay with it, it is definitely worth seeing. The boys are probably a little young for most of the rides anyway.

I agree that if your DH and sons are okay with it, it is definitely worth seeing. The boys are probably a little young for most of the rides anyway.

Thanks for all of the replies. It makes me feel better knowing that my boys wouldn't even be old enough for most of the rides. ;)

Maybe let the boys do something special of their own, like the Pirate Adventure, while you and DD head to Universal? Then they won't feel cheated.

Sounds like a great time for you and your daughter to have some special time together while your hubby and sons have their own adventure.

Have fun!

I was thinking the same thing and let DW and DD go see Harry. We've been to Universal before and the HP thing doesn't appeal to me.

WWHP is wonderful! You will not be disappointed in your deciosion, especially once you drink yhe butterbeer.:thumbsup2 Oh how i miss my butterbeer!!!:sad1: I hope you have a wonderful trip!:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter