• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One day only - which resort?

dizzyr

DIS Veteran
This may be a mute point if Free dining in the fall isn't offered or if it's different dates than I think but if they offer free dining starting on Sunday Aug 30th I'm hoping to swing a quick 5 day trip before we are back at school on the 8th. I plan on staying at CBR. Because we are coming from the west coast I prefer to travel on the overnight flight instead of wasting a day of travel and I'm thinking if we left Friday night and arrived early in the morning on Saturday we could spend the day at one of the resorts and be rested and refreshed to start our 5 days at CBR on Sunday. Since it's only one night all the resorts are an option price wise.

So which one should we choose?

It would be me, my dh and our two girls (12 & 9) and they love pools. We stayed at AKL last trip and we loved it but were disappointed we had no time at the resort so it's an option but I'm thinking I would like to see a different one.

With the ages of your children I would suggest Beach Club /Yacht Club. The pool is great with a lazy river, fun slide, whirlpool and the resort is beautiful. There is a great restaurant called Beaches and Cream that has fantastic ice cream and diner favorites.

With the ages of your children I would suggest Beach Club /Yacht Club. The pool is great with a lazy river, fun slide, whirlpool and the resort is beautiful. There is a great restaurant called Beaches and Cream that has fantastic ice cream and diner favorites.

My youngest will be happy to hear about the ice cream!! Off to go read up on the Beach Club :)

i would choose AKL for sure. we stayed there once for 8 days and my only disappointment was not enough time at the resort, as we were still park commandos at the time.

if you really want to try a new place then maybe BC or YC because stormalong bay is like a mini water park. i personally did not care for it, but i am in the minority, big time.

other than that, i would say the poly is a great resort to just relax at.

Will Disney transfer your luggage from one resort to the next or will we have to do that?

i would choose AKL for sure. we stayed there once for 8 days and my only disappointment was not enough time at the resort, as we were still park commandos at the time.

if you really want to try a new place then maybe BC or YC because stormalong bay is like a mini water park. i personally did not care for it, but i am in the minority, big time.

other than that, i would say the poly is a great resort to just relax at.

I was thinking Poly but I think that I would like it more than the kids. I do like the idea of AKL but we've only been the WDW once and after the next trip I'm not sure how soon we'd be back so I feel like we should try another one. I did love AKL though!

If its just for a day, I'd do Animal Kingdom Lodge. Since you've been you know it is gorgeous and while the pool may not be the best on property they have great activities for kids going on all day. Plus the seclusion of the resort will feel like a true get away

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter