One day only and Club 33 entry- Hotel ?

Joy2theWorld

Mouseketeer
We are going to be in LAX for a one day layover on our way to Australia. We arrive into LAX late the night before our day in Disneyland and are trying to decide on a hotel. We will have entry into the parks through eating at Club 33, so, we have to pick up our tickets at the entrance to the park, so, I am not sure if we booked a Disneyland hotel if we could get the early entrance. We then have to leave that evening about 7:30 PM to get to the airport. I'm trying to decide if it is better to book an extra night to keep our luggage in the room and have somewhere to change, quick shower, etc... or if we'd be better asking the hotel to hold the luggage. We've done that in the past places, but only for an hour or two, not a whole day, so, I don't know if that would be an issue at all. If we don't stay at a Disneyland hotel, which hotel off property would you recommend for convenience to the parks? Also, any car service recommendations would be appreciated.

Two schools of though here...If budget wasn't the overriding factor, I would stay on Resort, that way you are there right in the AM without having to worry about transportation to over to the park, plus you get Magic Mornings. The second night would be a convenience to leave your luggage in the room and return to shower and change before a long flight. You (or rater I) would be much more relaxed. If just one night, wake up and check out first thing. The hotel will hold your luggage all day with no problems. I mad the mistake once of going into the park then going back to check out late AM to put luggage into storage, that was a PITA to make sure we were back in time.

For the cheaper route, I would rent a car from LAX, stay at one of the off site properties, then check out and keep your luggage in your car. That way it is with you and you don't have to return to the hotel to retrieve it, and you can depart when you want. You could also just take a change of clothes with ya into the park, toss them in a locker, and change in the bathrooms by the lockers.

Either way actually the car rental would probably be cheaper than the car service and you are on your own schedule...but that is just how I like to travel.

For me, it would be rent a car and resort hotel for two nights.

Do you think we could do magic mornings though since we won't have our park ticket until that morning when we go to the gate to get it? Last time, we went to guest services and that didn't open until the park opened to all guests, but we were off property that time and it didn't matter.
How long would it take to get a rental car late on a weeknight at LAX? We've never rented a car there. Some airports make it a horrible hassle.

If you stayed onsite, I don't believe you would have your ticket early enough to enjoy MM. When the tickets for Club 33 were picked up over at Guest Services by DCA they opened their window approximately 30 mins before the park opened to the public. With the construction going on they have moved the pickup window to one of the ticket booths. Now, if the booth is open early, you might get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it for an early entry.

Michael

Good question on the MM ticket timing. Know who would know...

Guest Services...714-781-4400

I would contact them directly since they issue the Club 33 tickets and see what they say. Ask if they could have them held at the front desk when you arrive.

The Guest services window is currently located between the News Stand and lockers just to the left of the DL main gates before you enter the park.

Good question on the MM ticket timing. Know who would know...

Guest Services...714-781-4400

I would contact them directly since they issue the Club 33 tickets and see what they say. Ask if they could have them held at the front desk when you arrive.

The Guest services window is currently located between the News Stand and lockers just to the left of the DL main gates before you enter the park.

Club 33 tickets cannot be issued in advance.
They are not currently using the Guest Services window for the Club 33 tickets.

not guest services?...then where?

According to the sign at the window outside Guest Services as of June 17th, that was the place to be to pick them up.

not guest services?...then where?

According to the sign at the window outside Guest Services as of June 17th, that was the place to be to pick them up.
Then I stand corrected if the sign is there. As of the middle of May (and my last contact, the first part of June) they were notifying guests of Club 33 to report to a specific ticket booth. If this has changed then, as I said, I stand corrected.

But they will not issue a ticket the night before for an upcoming reservation.

Michael

Thank you. I thought the early entry would probably not be possible. We have been instructed to go to a certain gate number to pick up our tickets this time as opposed to guest services due to some construction that is either happening or planned to the guest services area.
Michael- You were very helpful to me a few years back when we had our first opportunity to dine at Club 33, so, thank you for chiming in again. We are trying lunch this time.

Thank you. I thought the early entry would probably not be possible. We have been instructed to go to a certain gate number to pick up our tickets this time as opposed to guest services due to some construction that is either happening or planned to the guest services area.
Michael- You were very helpful to me a few years back when we had our first opportunity to dine at Club 33, so, thank you for chiming in again. We are trying lunch this time.

Enjoy it!!! We will be there in October for a dinner and a lunch after a Disney Wonder cruise. We are definitely looking forward to it. It can truly be a magical time.

Michael

Enjoy it!!! We will be there in October for a dinner and a lunch after a Disney Wonder cruise. We are definitely looking forward to it. It can truly be a magical time.

Michael
We ate at Club 33 today. Guest Services is now in building 8, on the side closest to DCA. They wer not open at 6:45, but we had other tickets and didn't wait around to see when they were open. - Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter